+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 139
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    I can't stand Russell. I detest ego-maniacs.
    I hope he's enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame because the clock keeps ticking and soon it'll be over.
    Poor Russell.

  2. #102
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs View Post
    You have got to be kidding? Where did you read this? I wish we could get rid of the Russell Hantz thread all together. God enough is enough about that troll!
    On some sites on the Internet. Admittedly, there is a grain of salt to take with them; however, given that Russell himself has said this, I would hope that he's just being his miserable little self and won't go through with it.

    If he does however, I hope CBS throws the book at him for revealing (at least partially) the boot list.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    On some sites on the Internet. Admittedly, there is a grain of salt to take with them; however, given that Russell himself has said this, I would hope that he's just being his miserable little self and won't go through with it.

    If he does however, I hope CBS throws the book at him for revealing (at least partially) the boot list.
    I've read the same thing at various sites online. I have also read that there isn't anything in the Survivor "rulebook" that says you can't throw a challenge on purpose.
    Then there are the rumors that say Russell gave out spoilers to upcoming shows and that is definitely against the rules.
    Russell needs to think carefully about what he does about all this. He's a pitiful character, taken directly out of a Psych 101 text book.

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've read the same thing at various sites online. I have also read that there isn't anything in the Survivor "rulebook" that says you can't throw a challenge on purpose.
    Then there are the rumors that say Russell gave out spoilers to upcoming shows and that is definitely against the rules.
    Russell needs to think carefully about what he does about all this. He's a pitiful character, taken directly out of a Psych 101 text book.
    They've thrown challenges several times throughout the series' run. Jeff does tend to waylay into them but he knows that this is also a valid strategy. I personally think they did a good job, even if it was a little too soon (they should've lost when they were doing a puzzle one, where it'd looked accidental. You just don't let *him* do the puzzle).

    Oh yes, Russell spoiling the season - at least partially, is against the rules. If he is serious about this, we may see one thing similar to the man he emulates - Hatch - the damn guy doesn't know how to play smart with money, because in Hantz' case, he'd lose the countersuit of breaking confidentiality.

  5. #105
    FORT Fan Sk8Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    202

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island


  6. #106
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    I have trouble believing anything Russell says, especially when he speaks of himself in the third person. Also, it amused me to hear him say at the end that no matter how famous he becomes................. I'm hoping his 15 minutes are over.

  7. #107
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    I sincerely hope that last night's reunion show is that last we see of Russa Hayntz.

    The footage of him weeping like a baby after losing at Redemption Island literally makes me want to wretch. There is Jeff Probst - exhibiting even more of the sick man-crush he has on this guy - by saying that, in the end, Russell showed "he had a heart". Bullsquish. In the end, Russell showed that he's an emotional infant and the biggest hypocrite alive... I mean, after ruthlessly having so many people removed from the game, did he ever ONCE consider that his actions might be hurtful? Did he even remotely care? Did he ever think - even for a moment - that his doings would make someone else cry? No. Then why should anyone give a rat's caboose that this guy wept while tasting his own medicine? Boo-freakin-hoo.

    Bottom line, Russell: If you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it as well. Showing that you can't just proves that you're a lousy player, not a great one. And this guy is definitely NOT a great player. A major doosh? Yeh, he's got that part down. But frankly, Phil was way more fun to watch. At least Phillip doesn't make me want to punch my TV screen.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I sincerely hope that last night's reunion show is that last we see of Russa Hayntz.

    The footage of him weeping like a baby after losing at Redemption Island literally makes me want to wretch. There is Jeff Probst - exhibiting even more of the sick man-crush he has on this guy - by saying that, in the end, Russell showed "he had a heart". Bullsquish. In the end, Russell showed that he's an emotional infant and the biggest hypocrite alive... I mean, after ruthlessly having so many people removed from the game, did he ever ONCE consider that his actions might be hurtful? Did he even remotely care? Did he ever think - even for a moment - that his doings would make someone else cry? No. Then why should anyone give a rat's caboose that this guy wept while tasting his own medicine? Boo-freakin-hoo.

    Bottom line, Russell: If you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it as well. Showing that you can't just proves that you're a lousy player, not a great one. And this guy is definitely NOT a great player. A major doosh? Yeh, he's got that part down. But frankly, Phil was way more fun to watch. At least Phillip doesn't make me want to punch my TV screen.
    I was actually thinking last night watching the FTC that Phillip pretty much played the same game that Russell did, making himself so unlikable that he got dragged to the end. And he ultimately did as well as Russell did, more or less, getting an average of one jury vote per try, same as Russell. And he seemed to work far less hard to get there, and didn't need any HIIs to save his plum-covered a**. So does that mean that Phillip is as good a player as Russell is?

  9. #109
    FORT Fanatic CuckoosNest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I was actually thinking last night watching the FTC that Phillip pretty much played the same game that Russell did, making himself so unlikable that he got dragged to the end. And he ultimately did as well as Russell did, more or less, getting an average of one jury vote per try, same as Russell. And he seemed to work far less hard to get there, and didn't need any HIIs to save his plum-covered a**. So does that mean that Phillip is as good a player as Russell is?
    No, it means Russell is as BAD a player as Phillip is. Not ironically, they both also like to crow about how great they are.

    I'd still rather watch Phillip over Russell anytime... Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs is way more entertaining than watching some smug, self-important, little bastard being mean to people.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    No, it means Russell is as BAD a player as Phillip is. Not ironically, they both also like to crow about how great they are.

    I'd still rather watch Phillip over Russell anytime... Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs is way more entertaining than watching some smug, self-important, little bastard being mean to people.
    Oh, I couldn't agree more. And I still think that Phillip has a very small smidgeon of self-awareness there, and does this whole act to some degree to get attention, even if it's negative. I think Rob mentioned he grew up as one of many children, and just wanted someone to listen to him.

    Russell's crowing seems far more rooted in his narcissism and overblown ego, probably compensating for his diminutive, uh, stature.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.