+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    It's Fairplays behavior on other shows-he purposely deficated in someone's bed on another reality show. Can't remember the name of the show, but they were making a horror movie using reality tv people.
    Never saw that game, but that is disappointing and I can see why CBS won't let him back.

That said, I rank Russell about as low as Fairplay is because he plays ugly and has harmed his tribe in the process. Have to say that I was glad in retrospect that the other Russell was not on Hantz's tribe that first year, I think we'd had a critical (truly critical) contestant on the show if he didn't get any water after Hantz dumped the canteens.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Never saw that game, but that is disappointing and I can see why CBS won't let him back.

That said, I rank Russell about as low as Fairplay is because he plays ugly and has harmed his tribe in the process. Have to say that I was glad in retrospect that the other Russell was not on Hantz's tribe that first year, I think we'd had a critical (truly critical) contestant on the show if he didn't get any water after Hantz dumped the canteens.
    That's it, really- there's playing the game and then there's playing in such a repugnant way that I see no reason to celebrate the contestants genius. Lying is not genius, three year olds do it. For me Fairplay is actually lower on the scum totem pole then Hanz because lying about someone in your family dying in order to win money is as low as you can go. Perhaps because the indecent occurred right after my mothers passing, I just couldn't fathom how any human being with even a sliver of conscious could manipulate other people by using the death of a loved one. It's not funny or clever, but sick and speaks to the level of degradation people are willing to devolve to in order to win-that others found it funny and clever is even sadder. But again, I am speaking from the emotional perspective of having lost my mother to cancer right before his season aired. We all stopped watching for a long time after that. Is there no bottom to how far down the pit people are willing to go in order to get their hands on a pile of money? Is it really that so powerful a thing?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just watched the interview that Jeff Probst did with Russell on his own website, and all I have to say is this. Could Jeff Probst be a bigger suckup? All he did that entire interview was pump up Russell's gigantic ego even more!!! And he asked Russell if he would consider coming back for a 4th time!!! In fact, he pretty much indicated that they are considering some new twist for a future Survivor show that might entice Russell to return.

I guess they are going to keep on until they rig it so that Russell can win. If you want to watch that interview, I suggest that you have a BARF BAG handy. Jeff just lost a lot of respect from this Survivor fan.
    I kinda think if they keep bringing back either Russell or Rob that will be the end of Survivor. Both are egotistical bores. Enough of both jerks already. New people are more interesting, at least bring back prior players more interesting than the same old same old boring twosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by hiccup View Post
    So ......... does anybody know 'how' many millions it is that Russell has?, because it sounds like he may be losing 5 of them.

per the cbs contract, any show contestant who leaks information about the show is subject to paying 5 million in damages.

Russell has been named the leak by a blogger who was regularly revealing spoilers about the show. The blogger said that once met Russell in person, all he had to do was pick up the phone and call him and he'd be told a spoiler. cbs has also been sent a copy of an email sent by russell to the blogger revealing an incident from the show.

Looks like russell is in big doo doo with Mark Burnett and cbs ..........

Why would be do something so darn foolish ? just out of arrogance?
    If he was leaking info why is he back on Survivor? Sorry, but it doesn't sound like he is in trouble with anyone at CBS. If so, he wouldn't keep coming back. Maybe Mark Burnett wanted info leaked. Never know what shows will do for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    If he was leaking info why is he back on Survivor? Sorry, but it doesn't sound like he is in trouble with anyone at CBS. If so, he wouldn't keep coming back. Maybe Mark Burnett wanted info leaked. Never know what shows will do for ratings.
    Russell is their goose that laid the golden egg right now. Both him & even his leaks have brought loads of attention & money into Survivor. I doubt that anything will be done.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Please forgive me if this question has already been addressed!

We all know now that it was Russell that fed the boot list to Missyae (gosh, I miss The List, but I digress)... We also know that contestants are under contract to not reveal information, under threat of lawsuit in the millions.

Question: Was Russell's leaking discovered before or after this season's filming and/or editing?

Bottom line, I'm wondering if the "Russell Crying" scene was constructed as a "payment" of sorts by Russell in lieu of, or reducing, a hefty fine for the leaks over two seaons. I can totally see that as a negotiating point between Russell and the producer(s).

Can someone definitively answer the timing question regarding Russell being busted and the filming/editing of this season?

Thanks!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I don't know but if I were to hazard a guess, this is a warning to Russell to shape up in his attitude or it'll be worse. Plus, they'd also want the tears anyway because the "Big Mean Russell being ousted by a Fabio look alike" is a great media draw because everyone hates (loves to hate) the man.

Then again reading comments in an article that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he apparently wants to sue his former tribemates for "violating their Survivor contracts for throwing the challenge he was ousted"
    , I'm hoping that this will be the end of his days on the show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know but if I were to hazard a guess, this is a warning to Russell to shape up in his attitude or it'll be worse. Plus, they'd also want the tears anyway because the "Big Mean Russell being ousted by a Fabio look alike" is a great media draw because everyone hates (loves to hate) the man.

Then again reading comments in an article that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he apparently wants to sue his former tribemates for "violating their Survivor contracts for throwing the challenge he was ousted"
    , I'm hoping that this will be the end of his days on the show anyway.
    You have got to be kidding? Where did you read this? I wish we could get rid of the Russell Hantz thread all together. God enough is enough about that troll!
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

If the above spoiler is true, I'd be . Yeah, good luck with that, Russell!!

Russhole is delusional as always.

Thing is, even if they bring him back for a 4th time it won't matter. He refuses to change his strategy, so he'll just do the same thing. Choose 2 young girls for his alliance and keep ignoring the social aspect of the game.

I believe Albert Einstein said it best....

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

+ Reply to Thread