+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. I love the guy. He plays a superior social game and excellent strategist. He cannot win, they will never let that happen and that is too bad because, in my book, he has always been the best and most entertaining player this game has ever seen.
    I agree 100%! Rob is the best player for me to ever play the game, too bad he can't win.......

I *loved* watching him throw that HII clue over his shoulder and into the volcano...
    Wellll ... that's what they showed us. And your reaction is why they showed it. But I think it was probably staged. I would be amazed if he didn't read it first. You never know when a game changer will come up, such as there is a second immunity idol out there.

It does burnish Rob's "image", or perhaps, persona is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Wellll ... that's what they showed us. And your reaction is why they showed it. But I think it was probably staged. I would be amazed if he didn't read it first. You never know when a game changer will come up, such as there is a second immunity idol out there.

It does burnish Rob's "image", or perhaps, persona is more accurate.
    How so?

You're right, it could have been staged, but I think it fits right in with Rob's persona on the show. I love how he doesn't seem to take much seriously and how he really seems to be enjoying himself playing the game.

I'm amazed at how many people have come around to liking Rob after hating him after his first season/ASS/TAR appearances. Last season and this one, he comes across as a fan favourite and many are really enjoying his game play.

Rob Cesternino (the other Rob) says in his blog, about Rob:

In a game where Boston Rob has played so well, he takes an unnecessary risk by provoking Phillip and threatening to "front side" him. Rob was witness to Stephanie revealing all of the Zapatera secrets after losing on Redemption Island. I think Rob makes a tactical error by potentially disrespecting Phillip to the point that he could reveal information to the other team or poison Matt's opinion of Rob before he comes back in the game. Furthermore, if Boston Rob took anything away from Survivor: All-Stars, it should be the importance of not spitting in the face of the potential jury members. To Boston Rob, I urge you to play nice with Phillip, let him have a little crunchy rice and keep thinking about all the Red Sox hats a million dollars can buy.

(hope that's okay that I quoted it)

I found it interesting, that he called a tactical error. NOT that Rob's infallible, but that this was that big of a mistake? I didn't take it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Rob Cesternino (the other Rob) says in his blog, about Rob:

In a game where Boston Rob has played so well, he takes an unnecessary risk by provoking Phillip and threatening to "front side" him. Rob was witness to Stephanie revealing all of the Zapatera secrets after losing on Redemption Island. I think Rob makes a tactical error by potentially disrespecting Phillip to the point that he could reveal information to the other team or poison Matt's opinion of Rob before he comes back in the game. Furthermore, if Boston Rob took anything away from Survivor: All-Stars, it should be the importance of not spitting in the face of the potential jury members. To Boston Rob, I urge you to play nice with Phillip, let him have a little crunchy rice and keep thinking about all the Red Sox hats a million dollars can buy.

(hope that's okay that I quoted it)

I found it interesting, that he called a tactical error. NOT that Rob's infallible, but that this was that big of a mistake? I didn't take it that way.
    Since he didn't tell Philip that to his face, I don't see where the risk is. Also, the girls were the ones who were adamant that Philip not have the crunchy rice...not Rob. So...I didn't take it that way, either.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Since he didn't tell Philip that to his face, I don't see where the risk is. Also, the girls were the ones who were adamant that Philip not have the crunchy rice...not Rob. So...I didn't take it that way, either.
    That was my first thought as well. The "front side" comment came in an interview, not to Philip's face, so he wasn't risking anything. Also, as you said, Rob wasn't there for the "crunchy rice" argument, although Philip did seemed annoyed at Rob simply because the girls were holding him in such deference and saving the rice for him. Annoyed at them but also Rob by extension.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    How so?

You're right, it could have been staged, but I think it fits right in with Rob's persona on the show. I love how he doesn't seem to take much seriously and how he really seems to be enjoying himself playing the game.

I'm amazed at how many people have come around to liking Rob after hating him after his first season/ASS/TAR appearances. Last season and this one, he comes across as a fan favourite and many are really enjoying his game play.
    I'm sorry, Sweet Pea. I don't really get what you are questioning. It reads like you don't think the demonstrated action (throwing away the clue, unread) doesn't burnish (shine up, buff up, whatever) his game persona. Yet you say that you think it fits in with his show/game persona, just a couple of sentences later. So that reads to me that we agree, the action (real or staged) enhances his persona. So what is it that you're questioning?

We can agree to disagree on whether or not it was staged. I'm just confused ....

As for the second part of your post, maybe a lot have seen all the subsequent shows and thought .... Man! It was a lot more fun when Rob was on, even if he is sneaky and underhanded.

Just musing here .... Rob had lied to, backstabbed, and blindsided so many people, I wonder how Amber ever managed to trust him at all when they were playing together.

You have a right to be confused! I thought you meant burnished as in tarnished, rather than shine up. So yes, we do agree completely on that one. I was the one confused.

I think Amber was a lot more sneaky and on board with Rob's way of playing that season than many people might think. Shi-ann thought Amber was the mastermind, and Rob the muscle, so that's why she gave her the vote. There could be something to that. But one thing Rob never did was lie to Amber or backstab her, so I guess she's good with him. They seem happy, with two lovely little girls, so I think they are good.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Amber had good reason to trust Rob after he went all out to rescue her from Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Amber had good reason to trust Rob after he went all out to rescue her from Lex.
    Yup. All that backstabbing was due to his deal with Lex and Kathy to rescue Amber. He proved his loyalty to his #1 alliance.

+ Reply to Thread