+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    After what Russell said about Rob not being a good person (and he'd know that how??) I agree. It would be awesome to see Rob win. Russell's head would explode. He'd probably scream a set up.
    He'd scream that if Matt wins too... well actually probably anyone from his tribe, even the two women in his alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Love him or hate him, he at least livens up the show. I thought it was so funny when he claimed to have "rumblings down there" and needed to head off into the jungle for some "private time" and then proceeds to book it back to the camp and find the HII. He set the whole day at the beach up, orchestrated the entire group to get them away from camp, and then found the HII with nobody even remotely suspicious of him and nobody interfering. He's awesome!
    I'm well aware a lot of people don't like Rob but it would be difficult to say he wasn't brilliant at this game. It's like it's made for him and the way his brain works. He's not my favorite nor is he my least favorite but he's darn good.
    As to how much money he's made since his first appearance on Survivor, what's wrong with trying to make as much as he possibly can? Why not ride the wave while it lasts because his 15 minutes are almost up? I doubt many people would say, "oh, no, I can't do any more shows....I already have a million dollars."
    Does that mean that mean that Bill Gates should stop taking profits from Microsoft? Tom Cruise, et al, stop getting paid millions for more movies?
    "Oops, sorry Tom, you only get to make one movie because you have a milion dollars already."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm well aware a lot of people don't like Rob but it would be difficult to say he wasn't brilliant at this game. It's like it's made for him and the way his brain works. He's not my favorite nor is he my least favorite but he's darn good.
    As to how much money he's made since his first appearance on Survivor, what's wrong with trying to make as much as he possibly can? Why not ride the wave while it lasts because his 15 minutes are almost up? I doubt many people would say, "oh, no, I can't do any more shows....I already have a million dollars."
    Does that mean that mean that Bill Gates should stop taking profits from Microsoft? Tom Cruise, et al, stop getting paid millions for more movies?
    "Oops, sorry Tom, you only get to make one movie because you have a milion dollars already."
    I disagree with the first part... he is okay at this game. He has played it more than any other person so far (AFAIK) so he should be. But he is not good enough to win. He is a long way from brilliant. His paranoia and lying will do him in again and again. He lies to people that he doesn't need to lie to. He gets paranoid and turns against people who have his back while not sniffing out the ones that are gunning for him.

I still say the Matt elimination will come back on him. It was his first major move in this game and it was totally moronic.

As for the second part, no one would fault anyone for going back and getting as much money as anyone would give them. My problem is with the others in the tribe, it is their fault that they allow him to stick around. He does not deserve to still be there, he's had his shot.. vote him out fools! No one deserves four chances. It's not like he got a bad break, he got outplayed, outwitted, etc.

I think he will get voted out with that idol in his pocket.

Totally agree with you Scoot, but will add one more point - at least when he is ousted again (I am like you and doubt he'll win this show ever), he will go out respecting his team and admitting he was outplayed. He'll go out classier and with a better audience approval rating than Russell.

Scoot13 and jadewarlock:
    I definitely see your points. I think I'm impressed with Rob because my mind just doesn't work the way his does. What he does in definitely not admirable in real life but I think you have to lie, cheat, whatever to go far in this contest.
    But the others on his tribe are fools for not crowning him their new king and not voting him out for the threat he truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Scoot13 and jadewarlock:
    I definitely see your points. I think I'm impressed with Rob because my mind just doesn't work the way his does. What he does in definitely not admirable in real life but I think you have to lie, cheat, whatever to go far in this contest.
    But the others on his tribe are fools for not crowning him their new king and not voting him out for the threat he truly is.
    So agree, and from what I've seen of Rob - he does know the difference between game and real life in regard to the "lie, cheat, manipulate in a negative way" aspects.

I personally think he'd won "Marquesas" had he not been on the non-Rotu tribe. His tribe was on the short half - as Neleh and Paschal were Rotu and said Rotu tribe was going to keep them in longer than the other tribe.

Makes me wish in a way that they did the coconut game three days sooner, I think we'd had a different outcome. (OK, What can I say? I like seeing him play, but I'd rather him had won over Vee any day).

I agree that Rob is a better sport and that does count for a lot. I don't like him at all but I would rather have him around my camp than Russell any day.

See, I disagree that Rob never won. IMO, he protected Amber and set it up so that one of them would win. And it worked. They were a team that whole season and while he didn't win the vote, he got exactly one of the outcomes he wanted. Plus, he got the girl. I'd say that's a huge win. Especially since they are still together, happy and very much in love.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rob has it all, his game plan is spot on and if he doesn't make it to final 4-6 I will be shocked... If he wins, I will be double shocked..

I dont think he cares about winning.. He just wants to play the best game he possibly can, which is he doing.

Him winning the whole thing is pretty impossible in my opinion.(too many targets on him) And if there is a small chance I am wrong then I couldn't be happier.

Rob did essentially win All Stars. He has a beautiful wife and a million bucks. Plus, why is he so marketable as a reality star? Because his game play goes beyond winning Survivor. He makes good television, love him or hate him, and he has parlayed that into multiple shows, even a paid for wedding, gambling lessons with my poker idol, etc.

I was a reluctant fan. Didn't like him at first but slowly through Survivor All Stars I had to start giving him credit and then Amazing Race he was phenomenal and I gave up denying that he is freaking brilliant. There is alot of luck in these games but he plays it smarter than just about anyone that I have seen. He made his fifteen minutes last and last and when it is over as it always is, I think he and Amber will live a comfortable family life -- or let's hope he is smart enough to do that.

+ Reply to Thread