+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    How so? Amber won a million before she ever married Rob, so it is HERS, in most states anyway. I know he's been paid to appear here and there, but not all that much by tv standards I'm sure.
    Gimme a break... I can't believe that you don't believe he is a millionaire. How many shows has he been on? How many public appearances has he been paid for?

But to humor you I did some googling...

This is his FORTH time on survivor.
    SIX Survivor specials. (Survivor Millionaires, Preview shows, etc)
    TWO original reality shows with Amber
    another reality show called THE PLAYER
    THE AMAZING RACE
    I'm counting FOUR documentaries
    A SERIES on SCI-FI (6 episodes)
    A couple of VH1 specials
    Every major talk show from Letterman and Leno to Regis and The View.

He makes countless public appearances at clubs and events and gets paid thousands for those. He also gets paid thousands (and receives great SWAG) to play in celebrity poker tournaments several times a year.

Don't forget to add all the magazine, radio, and internet interviews, guest spots on radio shows like Howard Stern and Love Line... you get the idea yet?

He has made his money, give someone else their 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Gimme a break... I can't believe that you don't believe he is a millionaire. How many shows has he been on? How many public appearances has he been paid for?

But to humor you I did some googling...

This is his FORTH time on survivor.
    SIX Survivor specials. (Survivor Millionaires, Preview shows, etc)
    TWO original reality shows with Amber
    another reality show called THE PLAYER
    THE AMAZING RACE
    I'm counting FOUR documentaries
    A SERIES on SCI-FI (6 episodes)
    A couple of VH1 specials
    Every major talk show from Letterman and Leno to Regis and The View.

He makes countless public appearances at clubs and events and gets paid thousands for those. He also gets paid thousands (and receives great SWAG) to play in celebrity poker tournaments several times a year.

Don't forget to add all the magazine, radio, and internet interviews, guest spots on radio shows like Howard Stern and Love Line... you get the idea yet?

He has made his money, give someone else their 15 mins.
    With all due respect, I doubt he was the one who came begging CBS to be on Survivor again. They obviously wanted one more go with Russell, and based on the positive response from fans towards Rob on HvV, cooked up this twist using both of them, as a way to justify giving the troll another shot at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    With all due respect, I doubt he was the one who came begging CBS to be on Survivor again. They obviously wanted one more go with Russell, and based on the positive response from fans towards Rob on HvV, cooked up this twist using both of them, as a way to justify giving the troll another shot at winning.
    I don't know why you quoted me there. Does that statement have anything to do with my post? I must have missed something if so. My point was not that he goes around begging to be on different shows, just that he has leveraged his popularity into a million dollar empire.
    Last edited by scoot13; 03-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I don't know why you quoted me there. Does that statement have anything to do with my post? I must have missed something if so. My point was not that he goes around begging to be on different shows, just that he has leveraged his popularity into a million dollar empire. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
    Wow, no need for sarcasm. Your last line was, "He has made his money, give someone else their 15 minutes." Not sure who that was directed at. The producers? The fans? Or a backhanded swipe at Rob himself for taking advantage of the offers given him? Just commenting that there seemed to be a reason why he was asked to be on the show for a 4th time, and it had more to do, IMO, with wanting him to be a foil for Russell than giving Rob a chance to "add to his millions".

I personally don't mind Rob getting the fourth chance - though I will say that this should be his last chance.

This goes very true given they won't even let Michael Supkin from Australia get a second chance, and he was medically evac'd with hand burns. Unlike a lot of the others evac'd for severe injuries, Michael's was one that he could now compete (like James or another fellow with the ugly pus that had to be drained).

That said, I have little doubt it was CBS who brought him back, though I will sadly say that I think they'd had Hatch on if he were eligible over Russell. People respect Hatch's gameplay more than they do Russell (though many do not like either's attitudes - my case I'd tolerate Russell more than Hatch, the former I deal with every day).

Rob is a popular Survivor contestant though, and that too leads to him getting called back. Other popular ones won't return for various reasons - some just not interested, others successful post careers, and some for personal reasons (Jenna/Ethan with his cancer).

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Wow, no need for sarcasm. Your last line was, "He has made his money, give someone else their 15 minutes." Not sure who that was directed at. The producers? The fans? Or a backhanded swipe at Rob himself for taking advantage of the offers given him? Just commenting that there seemed to be a reason why he was asked to be on the show for a 4th time, and it had more to do, IMO, with wanting him to be a foil for Russell than giving Rob a chance to "add to his millions".
    I agree, no need for sarcasm. That is why I edited it out 7 minutes before you posted your reply.

I respectfully bow out of this, I certainly don't have any difficulty seeing why Rob or Russell were brought back. My comments were aimed at a different point entirely.

As far as Im concerned, hes a more likeable Russell. Hes got Gameplay but after all the press attention and such hes probably earned his 1m already so Id hate for him to win.

Plus he called out the awesome Coach wade for being a loyal player...bah.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Ahhhh, we're back to the age-old argument that Rob should bow out of all these CBS shows and give someone else a chance...well, he wasn't playing last season and it was a SNOOZEFEST! Love him or hate him, he at least livens up the show. I thought it was so funny when he claimed to have "rumblings down there" and needed to head off into the jungle for some "private time" and then proceeds to book it back to the camp and find the HII. He set the whole day at the beach up, orchestrated the entire group to get them away from camp, and then found the HII with nobody even remotely suspicious of him and nobody interfering. He's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Ahhhh, we're back to the age-old argument that Rob should bow out of all these CBS shows and give someone else a chance...well, he wasn't playing last season and it was a SNOOZEFEST! Love him or hate him, he at least livens up the show. I thought it was so funny when he claimed to have "rumblings down there" and needed to head off into the jungle for some "private time" and then proceeds to book it back to the camp and find the HII. He set the whole day at the beach up, orchestrated the entire group to get them away from camp, and then found the HII with nobody even remotely suspicious of him and nobody interfering. He's awesome!

I actually want Rob to win this season. Mostly because it will irk the hell out of Russel.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

I actually want Rob to win this season. Mostly because it will irk the hell out of Russel.
    After what Russell said about Rob not being a good person (and he'd know that how??) I agree. It would be awesome to see Rob win. Russell's head would explode. He'd probably scream a set up.

+ Reply to Thread