+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

I know some people see it as cocky, but the moment Rob said "oh...give it to me..." illustrates why I like him so much. He's always had a talent for making others blow their cool. Besides, those who say he's popular 'for no reason' apparantly didn't see, or else forget his first season when we were all calling him 'the Robfather' and with good reason. He's as good as Russell at getting people to do whatever he wants them to, in my opinion.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    My apologies to Rob fans, but there's something about him that has just annoyed me from day one. He doesn't strike me as confident so much as smug. I also find it very difficult to believe that he finished a marathon with no training at all. He may not have been training for a marathon specifically, but he must have had some experience running prior to that, and he must have at least toyed with the idea of running the Boston marathon prior to that. No utterly inactive person just hauls himself/herself up off the couch one morning and decides to run a marathon.

About the only reality show I still watch is Survivor. Mostly because they are all so edited and phony. I was looking forward to this year's Survivor until I see two has been's on, yet, again. Rob has always irritated me he is such a egotistical wannabe star, enough already. I was sick of him after his first show with his bragging and degrading others. Russell is another big fat ego head, surely Survivor could have done better than these two bragging phony jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I know some people see it as cocky, but the moment Rob said "oh...give it to me..." illustrates why I like him so much. He's always had a talent for making others blow their cool. Besides, those who say he's popular 'for no reason' apparantly didn't see, or else forget his first season when we were all calling him 'the Robfather' and with good reason. He's as good as Russell at getting people to do whatever he wants them to, in my opinion.
    So true. I still remember in AS #1 when he stood in the ocean and calmly instigated the argument between Big Tom and Rupert, and then literally stood there laughing while they went at each other. The camera guys must have had a good chuckle at that one too. BT and Rupert couldn't even see that he was laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post

About the only reality show I still watch is Survivor. Mostly because they are all so edited and phony. I was looking forward to this year's Survivor until I see two has been's on, yet, again. Rob has always irritated me he is such a egotistical wannabe star, enough already. I was sick of him after his first show with his bragging and degrading others. Russell is another big fat ego head, surely Survivor could have done better than these two bragging phony jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    So true. I still remember in AS #1 when he stood in the ocean and calmly instigated the argument between Big Tom and Rupert, and then literally stood there laughing while they went at each other. The camera guys must have had a good chuckle at that one too. BT and Rupert couldn't even see that he was laughing.
    You are both so right about Rob and the same could be said about Russell. They're two of a kind in different packages.
    But even though I'm tired of them, and they've had more than their share of chances, they are both good Survivor players and make for "good tv."

Someone up thread mentioned Rupert. From what I've read this is one guy who let his "fame" go to his head....no longer the peace loving, free spirit he once claimed to be.
    Which is why I prefer all new people. I'm tired of people who think they're special just because they were on some dumb reality show.

Rob is certainly being (honestly) shown as smug by this season's editing. Then again, as always, so is RussTroll.

Obviously what Rob has that Russ doesn't is charm. Rob could get several of those girls to be his "next Amber" (in any way he wanted), if the current one wouldn't smack the $#&^ out of him if he did that. Rob's smug, true, but it comes off as charming smugness somehow, versus Russell, where it comes off as hostile.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    versus Russell, where it comes off as hostile.
    And creepy.

So, I haven't been watching the show much anymore. But now that the annoying little troll is gone, the only thing that would make me go back to watching it full-time would be to see Mariano get kicked out too. I'm sorry, I've never understood the love for this guy. To me, he's on equal levels of arrogant, obnoxious jerkface as Hantz is. Both of them are cut from the same ego-bloated cloth, in my opinion, and I despise how CBS just keeps giving them so much spotlight. They're not even entertaining, they just grate.

I've honestly never seen what the "charm" about him is, I always just assume he has this pheromone that makes people around him get... well, retarded. Honestly, he and Hantz are some of the luckiest players ever in being surrounded by complete morons. Take away the morons and hidden immunity idols, and their gameplays just crumble. Jerri switching away from Mariano and Coach taking the coward's way out in Heroes vs Villains was such a delightful moment to me, in getting to see Mariano lose control and get kicked off even before the merge, one of the best of that season.

I can only hope for something equal this season, even though I hear his tribe is again made up mostly by morons who are in awe of him and kick out the only people not in awe of him. Bleh.

I love Boston Rob. I love how he is liked by almost everyone on his tribe. I would hate to play the game with him, but I love being in the audience watching him work. I love how in everything we've seen there's respect for Ambuh. I love how he plays the FBI Secret Agent man. I'm hoping that he stays a long while.

Russell, on the other hand I hope, fails miserably to Matt. I'd like to see Matt get a chance to revenge himself on his mentor.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    So, I haven't been watching the show much anymore. But now that the annoying little troll is gone, the only thing that would make me go back to watching it full-time would be to see Mariano get kicked out too. I'm sorry, I've never understood the love for this guy. To me, he's on equal levels of arrogant, obnoxious jerkface as Hantz is. Both of them are cut from the same ego-bloated cloth, in my opinion, and I despise how CBS just keeps giving them so much spotlight. They're not even entertaining, they just grate.

I've honestly never seen what the "charm" about him is, I always just assume he has this pheromone that makes people around him get... well, retarded. Honestly, he and Hantz are some of the luckiest players ever in being surrounded by complete morons. Take away the morons and hidden immunity idols, and their gameplays just crumble. Jerri switching away from Mariano and Coach taking the coward's way out in Heroes vs Villains was such a delightful moment to me, in getting to see Mariano lose control and get kicked off even before the merge, one of the best of that season.

I can only hope for something equal this season, even though I hear his tribe is again made up mostly by morons who are in awe of him and kick out the only people not in awe of him. Bleh.
    I wouldn't attribute it to everybody else being morons. And I suspect if Rob had picked the purple buff and ended up on Zapatera instead, that he would have already ingratiated himself into that tribe and would not have been voted off, while Russell would have been the first to go at Ometepe. Rob stays because he knows how to play the game. Russell is a one trick pony, and everyone knows the trick by now.

FORT Regular

Gosh darn it to heck, (sorry for my language) but I'm sick of Rob already. Him and Amber already have plenty of money so I think someone else should get a turn. As for Rob hosting, well, that will be the end of my Survivor days, and I've watched every season. If anyone has ever seen Top Shot, Colby is the host of that show and you can tell he went to the Jeff Probst school of hosting. He sounds exactly like him.

+ Reply to Thread