+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

FORT Fogey

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

I agree that there is a pirate-y thing happening, but I was thinking more along the classic Errol Flynn (he played a pirate once right?) than Johnny Depp. NO one comes near Captain Jack!

Flynn played a pirate more than once. And Rob Mariano looks nothing like Flynn did.

FORT Fogey

Love him. Interesting to hear how he's adapted his game play. Kelli was funny, so true "that's why your are going home"...haha
    Leaving Facebook... | Facebook
    Last edited by Gina28; 05-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.

I can't stand Captain Jack Sparrow ... Rob wins. (my opinion, of course. )
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I agree that there is a pirate-y thing happening, but I was thinking more along the classic Errol Flynn (he played a pirate once right?) than Johnny Depp. NO one comes near Captain Jack!

Flynn played a pirate more than once. And Rob Mariano looks nothing like Flynn did.
    Yeah, looked it up. Rob doesn't so much, not anymore than Johnny Depp anyhow.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yeah, looked it up. Rob doesn't so much, not anymore than Johnny Depp anyhow.
    Yeah, the coloring and the voice is completely different, and somehow, I don't think Rob could carry off the period costuming the way Flynn did.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Rob finally won, but it was an ugly win. I've heard in college football the phrase "a W is a W". If Rob were a football team, he just won against the saddest, sorriest, most ill equipped opposition possible. I'm very fond of Rob, and have seen everything he's done, because I'll watch anything he does. But he completely lucked out this time around, and it took away from the pleasure of seeing him finally win, for me anyway.

Can't stand him. Glad he has his own show that I can surf right past. I hope it keeps him way too busy to even think about going back on Survivor or The Amazing Race.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Rob belongs in front of a camera. He is charismatic and the lens picks up his charm very well. I am not saying he is a prettyboy, sweetheart, or any other type of goody-twoshoes. But, he is a scene stealer and reality TV is full of lots of quasicelebrities, few of them have Robs' on camera charm. I am happy to hear he has a show coming up on the History Channel. I am glad his dream of winning Survivor has finally come true. It is nice to know that so far money hasnt effected Amber's and his marriage. I dont see any scandles coming out about Boston Rob unlike many of these gameshow winners...cough...Big Brother.
    Great job Rob. Best of luck to you and yours in the future.
    I have to agree! I just caught the Jimmy Fallon episode from a few weeks ago w/the final three on it. Rob mentioned that he was leaving the studio that evening and directly going to start shooting his new show. Sounds like he's welcoming the shift from contestant to hosting a show.

Howie Mandel also sat in on their "Tribal Council" set, and was typically funny. He asked Rob what he'd be doing w/the money and Rob said his wife would be getting all of it - Howie assumed that meant she left him and is getting all his money b/c of a divorce or something! Rob said NO, he's happily married, but his wife would be spending the money - and that he's just happy to have the title.

He told Jimmy he loved the manipulations of the game, and said it's kind of like what Jimmy does every evening: sometimes you don't particularly like someone on the show, but you have to play the game. Howie got indignant - looked like, Hey! and asked if he was about to get voted off the island! He admitted he'd never be able to make it onto the island, and that all that filth out there would bother him - that maybe he was sitting too close to Rob even.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Rob belongs in front of a camera. He is charismatic and the lens picks up his charm very well. I am not saying he is a prettyboy, sweetheart, or any other type of goody-twoshoes. But, he is a scene stealer and reality TV is full of lots of quasicelebrities, few of them have Robs' on camera charm. I am happy to hear he has a show coming up on the History Channel. I am glad his dream of winning Survivor has finally come true. It is nice to know that so far money hasnt effected Amber's and his marriage. I dont see any scandles coming out about Boston Rob unlike many of these gameshow winners...cough...Big Brother.
    Great job Rob. Best of luck to you and yours in the future.

I agree 100%

Rob and Amber just had another baby girl!

http://celebritybabies.people.com/20...isabetta-rose/
    shyra, sweetpea and Arielflies like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread