+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

So I'm wondering ... why does Rob still have that rather thick accent, and his sister does not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    So I'm wondering ... why does Rob still have that rather thick accent, and his sister does not?
    Maybe she doesn't live in Boston and hasn't for awhile?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

A dear friend of mine is the oldest of 7 children born in Boston. Her brothers have a thick accent, she has none and one sister has a slight accent. All from the same family where the parents both had heavy Boston accents. It always amazed me. Part of it has to do with the friends in your life, I think. Not everyone from Boston has an accent like Robs. There are several different ones, as well.

FORT Fogey

A dear friend of mine is the oldest of 7 children born in Boston. Her brothers have a thick accent, she has none and two sisters have a slight accent. All from the same family where the parents both had heavy Boston accents. It always amazed me. Part of it has to do with the friends in your life and teachers who influence you. Not everyone from Boston has an accent like Robs. There are several different ones, as well as no accent at all.

I think it's cute.

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar

can even the Rob fans admit that it will be best after this season if he just retires off into the sunset with Am-buh and we never have to see him again?
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beezwax177 View Post
    can even the Rob fans admit that it will be best after this season if he just retires off into the sunset with Am-buh and we never have to see him again?
    No. I am done watching him on Survivor, though. I will watch his new show, Around the World in 80 Ways.

I agree, this definitely should be his swan song on Survivor, but I enjoy watching him and would love to see his new show. It sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree, this definitely should be his swan song on Survivor, but I enjoy watching him and would love to see his new show. It sounds interesting.
    Count me in! I think he's got a fun, interesting perspective which intrigues me - so I'll watch him on his new show. At least to see how good the show is and if it holds my interest. If there's enough Rob-charm featured, tho, I might not care if the show is boring or not!

He really is good at Survivor though, and I will admit, I would even watch him on an all-stars version if they dared to bring him back on. Couldn't imagine all the groans, moans, and eyerolls if they do that that though!!

I hope Rob stays in front of the camera too. I agree that he should be done with Survivor, however I am very much looking forward to watching his new show. Does anyone know when it premieres?

+ Reply to Thread