+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Thanks. I entered his real name and got a bunch of tweets to him. With this link I can see what he says but not the tweets he is responding to. I will figure this out eventually!
    With the link above you can see the tweets to him if you click on one of those little balloon things over to the side of each of his tweets. One icon is for pictures like the Easter Bunny one, and another icon is for the tweets to him. Trial and error for me, too!

Thanks. I entered his real name and got a bunch of tweets to him. With this link I can see what he says but not the tweets he is responding to. I will figure this out eventually!
    If you're using old Twitter (like I still do)...When he's responding to someone, if you click on where it says "in reply to" whoever, under the tweet, it will take you to the tweet he was responding to.

If you're using new Twitter (which I hate , but which you probably are), then click on the little arrow thing on the side of his reply tweet, and then it will open up the thread of the tweets and replies between them on the side (like PWS said).

FORT Fogey

Thanks. I don't know what version I have. I dont like it. It feels odd and disjointed but as with anything it takes time to get used to it. I appreciate the help.

Thanks. I don't know what version I have. I dont like it. It feels odd and disjointed but as with anything it takes time to get used to it. I appreciate the help.
    I'm sure you're using new Twitter. If you're using old, it says across the top "You’re using an older version of Twitter that won’t be around for much longer. Switch to New Twitter!" Hate new Twitter.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    I'm sure you're using new Twitter. If you're using old, it says across the top "You’re using an older version of Twitter that won’t be around for much longer. Switch to New Twitter!" Hate new Twitter.
    I hate it too without ever having seen the old!

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    Hate new Twitter.
    Me too.

What do they currently list under Rob's name as his occupation?

If you go to Twitter Search and look for @BostonRob, you will see all tweets addressed to him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    If you go to Twitter Search and look for @BostonRob, you will see all tweets addressed to him.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    For Rob fans...he's getting his own reality show!

Rob Mariano to Star in Around the World in 80 Ways on History : People.com
    With all due respect it's a complete rip-off of the beklow show:
    Around the World in 80 Days is a BBC television travel series first broadcast in 1989. It was presented by comedian and actor Michael Palin. The show was inspired by Jules Verne's classic novel Around the World in Eighty Days, in which a character named Phileas Fogg accepts a wager to circumnavigate the globe in eighty days or less. Palin was given the same deadline, and not allowed to use aircraft, which did not exist in Jules Verne's time and would make completing the journey far too easy. He followed Phileas Fogg's route as closely as possible. Along the way he commented on the sights and cultures he encountered. Palin encountered several setbacks during his voyage, partly because he travelled with a five-person film crew, who are collectively named after Passepartout, Phileas Fogg's Manservant.

The programme was a critical and commercial success, winning strong ratings in the UK and selling well abroad. It was also released on video tape and later on DVD. Following the trip Michael Palin wrote a book about the experience. This book contains much more detail than could be present in the TV programme, and Palin's personal views are also more clearly evident. The book contains many pictures from the trip.

Around the World in 80 Days was followed by several similar conceptual travel series starring Michael Palin. These were Pole to Pole (travelling from the North Pole to the South Pole), Full Circle (circumnavigation of the Pacific Rim), Hemingway Adventure (following in the footsteps of Ernest Hemingway), Sahara (travelling around and through the Sahara Desert), Himalaya (travelling around the Himalayas), and New Europe (travelling around Eastern Europe).
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread