+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

FORT Fogey

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I'd rather freeze to death than get anywhere near Russell!
    I agree. I adore Rob. He is a witty, easy going, smart guy.

Rob tweeted a picture of him and Amber and the girls with the Easter Bunny. It's waaaay too small, but you can kind of see it. Apparently the trip didn't go so well.

Boston Rob Mariano's photos - Lucia was not happy. | Plixi

FORT Fogey

I went on Twitter and was unable to see any tweets from Rob. I would appreciate a PM telling what I need to do to see them. I rarely go there so it is not all that familiar to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Oh, absolutely. Make it crystal clear that they would give Rob the million $$ in a heartbeat if he makes the final two/three. That would certainly plant a few seeds in the Omatepe tribe's minds.

But the Zaps are so stupid. They (correctly) identify Phillip as the odd man out, the last man on the totem pole, but what do they do? Antagonize him at Tribal Council and basically call him a crazy man. Once they challenged his feelings about being the 6th person in the tribe, he automatically defended it like crazy.
    For me, it would be very hard to put up with Phillip's comments. The Zaps know they are going why put up with him and his crazy crap. It is the same old story when Survivor has two tribes, one wins and one by one kicks out the opposing tribe...boring! This drags out the show week by week. No surprise when we all know (when the tribe numbers go down) each one will leave until all are gone. It only gets interesting when all members of the losing tribe is gone. The guy at Redemption is a bore with all his religious speeches for the camera. I would like to see the last of him, if anyone is stupid it's him allowing his tribe to kick him out twice. It would be nice to see a turn around but not going to happen once the dye is cast nothing changes.

Yes, I think we're stuck with waiting until all the Zap tribe is gone before we get the fireworks of the Omatepes turning on each other. Hopefully it will get interesting, and I definitely think they will aim to get rid of Rob asap. I'm sure he knows it too.

I have a deep-set feeling that Rob is going to pull of a win. The only other people I can see having a chance are Andrea and possibly Matt.

I will admit that when I first heard about Rob and Russell coming back, I hated the idea but at the same time was sort of excited by Rob. I absolutely loved him during HvV. Plus, I really wanted to see him beat Russell.

Now that we're deeper into the season, I have to say that I don't like what I've seen of Rob this season. He's playing a fantastic game, but the way he acts does not make me feel inclined to root for him. (An early example of "the way he acts" would be when Kristina admitted to having an idol. In a very pompous kind of way, Robfather gave her the choice of giving him the idol and being safe or keeping it and staying vulnerable. It was sort of a good move, but it rubbed me the wrong way.) Not to mention that Russell has been long gone, so my desire of him beating Russell has long faded.

But most of all, I don't want to see him win just for the sheer fact that he's on this season. Why should he get the chance to play for the million for a fourth time? I can understand CBS wanting to entice the viewers, but it's just getting sort of ridiculous at this point.

I guess no matter how great of a game Rob plays, I can't root for him simply because of the circumstances. I can't get past them. So if he ends up in the final, I hope that one of the other finalists wins out.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I went on Twitter and was unable to see any tweets from Rob. I would appreciate a PM telling what I need to do to see them. I rarely go there so it is not all that familiar to me. Thanks.
    You can find Rob's tweets here:

Boston Rob (BostonRob) on Twitter

They should all be showing, whether you're signed up for Twitter or not.

If you have any questions, just ask.

For Rob fans...he's getting his own reality show!

Rob Mariano to Star in Around the World in 80 Ways on History : People.com
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    You can find Rob's tweets here:

Boston Rob (BostonRob) on Twitter

They should all be showing, whether you're signed up for Twitter or not.

If you have any questions, just ask.
    Thanks. I entered his real name and got a bunch of tweets to him. With this link I can see what he says but not the tweets he is responding to. I will figure this out eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    For Rob fans...he's getting his own reality show!

Rob Mariano to Star in Around the World in 80 Ways on History : People.com
    You know what, good for him!! Sounds like he is really excited to be doing something like this, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I was trying to figure out how you could cross oceans without using a plane twice...obviously by boat but that might take a long time. Would they consider a cruise ship vs. cargo ship two different methods of transportation? What a challenge!! So good to know Amber is supporting him in all of this, and it sounds like she is enjoying staying at home to care for their two little girls.

He mentioned the other day in a tweet that it was their anniversary, and how lucky he was to have her. Nice.

+ Reply to Thread