+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 219
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    833

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Boston Rob cemented his place as my favorite this season when he conned all the merged tribemates into the new tribe name. Giving them a line of bull that it had some unifying meaning, when it was really the name of a stuffed toy of Amber's. It just doesn't get much better than that.

    He's always been one of my favorites because he gets IT. By IT I mean:
    1.) These people aren't his "friends". They are the COMPETITION. You do need to get along with them, but at best they are aquaintances.
    2.) This is not real life with real life rules. I't is a GAME, and games are supposed to be fun.
    3.) This is TELEVISION, and television is supposed to be entertaining.
    4.) The saying is "Outwit, outplay, outlast". This is his goal the whole time he's there.

    The guy is just fun to watch.
    Absolutely agree. Viewers either 'get' Rob and his hilarious sense of humor and intelligence, or they don't. I get him and adore him from the first time I saw him. The tribe name is too funny for words and Rob tweeted he and Amber laughed all night watching the show last week when they showed that part. Fans are tweeting Rob to bring Murlonio to the reunion show!

  2. #102
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    His Boston accent is really the problem for many people to understand. He could definitely work on that to lose it but I sure hope not. That's part of Boston Rob's appeal.
    And yes, I'd look at him anytime, anywhere.
    It wasn't/hasn't been a problem for any of the Kennedys.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by gemsag View Post
    It wasn't/hasn't been a problem for any of the Kennedys.
    Good point!
    I just read so often how many can't understand it.

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Absolutely agree. Viewers either 'get' Rob and his hilarious sense of humor and intelligence, or they don't. I get him and adore him from the first time I saw him. The tribe name is too funny for words and Rob tweeted he and Amber laughed all night watching the show last week when they showed that part. Fans are tweeting Rob to bring Murlonio to the reunion show!
    I get him and have adored him from the begining. I would love to see Murlonio at the renuion!

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I get him and have adored him from the begining. I would love to see Murlonio at the renuion!
    Major Boston Rob fan here too! I watch him in any show he does for his wit, charm and humor.

  6. #106
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    171

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    I never liked Rob his first season, but every time I see him now, I like him more. He really knows the game and how to play it. I don't see him winning as I don't think jury would vote for him if he did make the finals. He is still the best game player in Survivor history to me.
    Somewhere along the way, I see "Crazy Philip" orchestrating the blindside of Rob. We're all getting too comfortable with Philip being the resident crazy.

  7. #107
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    I think he has been givin a nice chuck of money to come on this show and stands to make more every week that he survives.

  8. #108
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    I never liked Rob his first season, but every time I see him now, I like him more. He really knows the game and how to play it. I don't see him winning as I don't think jury would vote for him if he did make the finals. He is still the best game player in Survivor history to me.
    Somewhere along the way, I see "Crazy Philip" orchestrating the blindside of Rob. We're all getting too comfortable with Philip being the resident crazy.
    He should know the game he has been on more than anyone else. He is thrown in with people less than intelligent. Doesn't make him smart just experienced and fortunate to be with dumb people. I'm more than a little tired of him. He will keep right on telling viewers how smart he is and they will keep believing him. If Survivor is going to use him constantly how about putting him with more intelligent people.

  9. #109
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    If Survivor is going to use him constantly how about putting him with more intelligent people.
    Because whenever that happens, he gets voted out early (much to my delight). Notice how this season and in All-Stars, he was put in tribes with people who just got extremely dumb around him, letting him make every single decision, practically serving as stepping stones for him and they never do anything about it, though this season is not over yet so who knows if they eventually smart up.

    Contrast that to both Marquesas and Heroes vs Villains, where people figured his gameplay and he got voted out before making the merge. It just makes me see much clearer just how overrated this guy is. Sure, he's good at building, decent at physical challenges, pretty good with puzzles (I hate how people call him the best puzzle solver ever in Survivor history), but unless he's put in with a bunch of idiots, he's just not as great as he's made out to seem. That and his smiug, condescending attitude stinks.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Major Boston Rob fan here too! I watch him in any show he does for his wit, charm and humor.
    Me too. Go Rob!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.