+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Kiser - Redemption Island

Re: Ralph Kiser - Redemption Island

I can understand him but my husband couldn't understand him sometimes. His first PI was hard to hear until I rewound it. He kind of mumbles into his beard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Really? I'm loving Ralph so far, and I have no trouble at all understanding everything he says!
    I only say that because I watched the preview show and they showed a few clips of him saying indecipherable things and Probst commented about how he had a hard time understanding Ralph.

Yeah I like him too! I'm ready to see him butt heads with Russell!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Loved how Ralph got the better of Russell. Hope we see a lot more of that!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian View Post
    Loved how Ralph got the better of Russell. Hope we see a lot more of that!
    I think he tipped his hand too much. He should not have let Russell know he was wise to his lie, it was unnecessary and it put him in Russell's sights. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a lot smarter than he would first appear and I love his man-sweater, but I think the idol made him just a bit too big for his britches so early in the game.

Hopefully it's not a fatal flaw, and it might not be. Heaven knows that Russell is WAY too big for his own britches. My money is on Russell not making it to the merge this time, and I do hope Ralph outlasts him.
    _(Moo!)

I give Ralph credit for finding the HII, but I don't think he's thinking things through. He should have replaced the HII with a fake (or at least considered the idea), and I don't think he should have challenged Russell on taking the clue from the basket. He would have done much better to just report to the tribe that he saw it and let their distrust of Russell take it from there.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

No I liked that straightforward confrontation with Russ. Not just from Ralph but by all the guys. Russell lies to his face, they know it and they deal with it directly. And Russell loses all power.

I would have taken it further by saying directly to the girls, "If you want to survive, just walk away from Russell right now".

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I officially LOVE Ralph Kiser! The man sweater, finding the HII and challenging Russell about finding the clue. And, when he walked away from Russell, Ralph said "Thank you Russell"!!!!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

I like this guy too. I am kicking myself for not saving the recording of Preview to Redemption Island shown on the TV guide station. Jeff, as he does every year, gives his first take on all of the castaways. He said some interesting things about Ralph. One of them was, he cannot win. Same comment about Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi View Post
    No I liked that straightforward confrontation with Russ. Not just from Ralph but by all the guys. Russell lies to his face, they know it and they deal with it directly. And Russell loses all power.

I would have taken it further by saying directly to the girls, "If you want to survive, just walk away from Russell right now".
    Ralph had no business trying to play the honesty card. He tries to perpetrate like he's an honest guy when he's just as corrupt as Russell. Try to hide makes it more fiendish.

You say "fiendish" as if it's bad.
    He has a strong hand to play to knock Russell out. That's all.
    He can point at Russell and say "Look at him! He's sneaky and dishonest!", and it gets people on his side, and sets up a bunch of people to get booted before him.

Doesn't matter if it's hypocritical. I know it is. But it gives him some power and security. So I'd go for it, if I was him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast