+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

FORT Fogey

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    A friend suggested Phil Sheppard may just be an actor. Makes more sense to me than his claim he was a federal agent.
    Nah, I dont buy that. They don't have to hire actors. The general public has plenty to draw from. I believe he was recruited but not hired.
    Casting tosses a wide net and that includes people walking in some interesting characters.

He is a genuine kook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've come to enjoy Phillip's antics. He seems to be one of those strange people that walks a fine line between brilliance and weirdness.

Watching him, you realize he does pick up on most things/strategies/motives. Previously, I had taken him for just a big joke and Survivor's resident quirky guy but he seems to be aware of a lot that's going on, and just as you think maybe he's sane, he does something that shows he's not!

He definitely is our comic relief for the show and now that his tighty-pinkies are no longer in view, I can just enjoy The Great Phillip Roller Coaster.

I'll take him over super big ego, mean, ruthless Russell any day.

He's aware just enough that I never know for sure if he's nuts or just wily. But I'm the opposite of you. Just when I think he's full blown nutso, he does something that takes me aback and makes me think he's actually really sane..I honestly don't know who the REAL Philip is. Maybe we'll get a glimpse at the reunion show?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

He's aware just enough that I never know for sure if he's nuts or just wily. But I'm the opposite of you. Just when I think he's full blown nutso, he does something that takes me aback and makes me think he's actually really sane..I honestly don't know who the REAL Philip is. Maybe we'll get a glimpse at the reunion show?
    I think we are seeing the real Philip. His inability to pronounce words is not an act. Blabbing things about his alliance at TC screams, no filter. I do not see any signs of brilliance. He knows that Rob will keep him to the end if that works out because he recognizes that he is easy to beat. This piece of logic does not take much to gather. And I don't think Rob would either. He would take the weakest woman and claim coat strings.

He may be pushing his excentricities a tad given the feather but no way is this an act. He may claim so at the reunion having had time to see the shows and read some feedback. We have seen that with others but it will be obvious that he is a character just being himself.

All of the recruits on Survivor and Big Brother have agents. However that does not make them actors. This is coming from first hand knowledge. Although there are plenty of "bad actors" walking our streets every day.

Does Phillip with the feather on his forehead remind anyone else of Sam the Eagle from the Muppets? Just me??
    Wish I could post side by side pictures but I haven't a clue how.

FORT Fan

Why, then, do they always have a "?" after the Federal Agent title on screen for Phillip????

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Why, then, do they always have a "?" after the Federal Agent title on screen for Phillip????
    They didn't at first, did they? I thought that appeared a little bit later.

p.s. Sweetpea, LOL! I don't have a clue either, or I'd help you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Does Phillip with the feather on his forehead remind anyone else of Sam the Eagle from the Muppets? Just me??
    Wish I could post side by side pictures but I haven't a clue how.
    what an image!

Thanks, JavaJo, for fixing the picture for me!

I'm thinking the downturned mouth, the furrowed brow, the intense eyes...yup, works for me!

You're welcome, sweetie

I have to be honest...I didn't see the connection that you did...until I actually put them side by side. Then it clicked.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread