+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

I cracked up when he proudly announced to the tribe that he excellent people reading skills.
    And yet he can't read that they are all annoyed by him. Yeah, that's a ringing endorsement for your skills, lol.

Mr. Holly & I decided we should make a drinking game ~ every time Phillip says he was a special agent, ya gotta take a drink. We should be buzzed within the first 5 minutes, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Mr. Holly & I decided we should make a drinking game ~ every time Phillip says he was a special agent, ya gotta take a drink. We should be buzzed within the first 5 minutes, lol.
    ...and you'll both be passed out by the time Jeff says "next time on Survivor...".

Is this guy a nutter or what?

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    And yet he can't read that they are all annoyed by him. Yeah, that's a ringing endorsement for your skills, lol.

Well, if you don't mind getting rip' roarin' drunk...go ahead and drink every time he mispronounces a name or common word, too. Just please...drink responsibly. Have a sober person present so they can call 911 when get alcohol poisoning..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I am more and more believing that it's all an act. Whether it's a strategy by Phillip, or something he's setup with the producers. Jeff is obviously setting up the gags for Phillip to go with.

If it's not... then it's kind of cruel. It's like putting a kid with Aspergers on the show and making fun of him.

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi View Post
    I am more and more believing that it's all an act. Whether it's a strategy by Phillip, or something he's setup with the producers. Jeff is obviously setting up the gags for Phillip to go with.

If it's not... then it's kind of cruel. It's like putting a kid with Aspergers on the show and making fun of him.
    Well said, I agree. I might make fun of his fuschia fruit-of-the-looms, but I can't make fun of the way he talks or gets emotional or stuff like that until I know whether or not it's the real dude or just an act.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm wondering if Phillip has had some kind of brain damage... I swear he comes across as someone who's been zapped in the frontal lobes... He has no ability to filter his thoughts or restrain himself. I can't see how he could have worked for 3 agencies in his current state or even one. He would never make it past the first interview.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

There is definitely something "tweaked" about him. Am I the only one who sees him glaring at Tribal Council and thinks he looks like a restrained pit bull?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Phillip is one strange dude but I just can't believe he's playing a role. He's so oblivious of anyone else and totally centered in his own little world where he is the star.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think he's playing a role, either. Reason being is Phillip reminds me of past Survivor's who were probably used to being viewed a certain way in their respected lives, or maybe make things out to be something they're not to make people be more impressed. If anything I'd agree that he's insecure and probably wants to desperately fit in. He's yakking away but nobody's listening. I think he wants to be the leader, the big man on campus. But all he's doing is just probably plenty of material for The Soup His crying speech this week made me roll my eyes, just because it came across more like sour grapes that anyone dared question him or double cross him. If they want a sheep to do whatever they say and who probably won't make a good go of the game by himself, Phillip is the one to go to.

I'm pissed. I was really looking forward to a skilled and subtle play by this guy but he is intolerable. I wasn't laughing at TC, I was cringing. So unfair that Francesca and Kristina were blind-sided like that at TC, and I hated how Rob took advantage of it.

+ Reply to Thread