+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    All true, but she'll always be the "old lady" (Russell's words) truly responsible for the beheading of Russa Hayntz. And yay for that.
    Not really.... the majority of his tribe was responsible for that, not just Julie. Just because she chose to vote for him (along with five others) doesn't make her "truly responsible" for his demise.

I find it pretty ironic that she would criticize the final three for playing "unethical" games when she buried Phillip's shorts in the sand and then laughed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I find it pretty ironic that she would criticize the final three for playing "unethical" games when she buried Phillip's shorts in the sand and then laughed about it.
    Oh I agree. I thought she had a lot of nerve getting up on her high horse at the FTC. The way their tribe treated Russell's minions after he was voted out was pretty much exactly the way Rob's group treated the Zaps. Only I guess when they did it, it was gameplay and a smart strategy, and when the Omatepe's did it it was because they were worthless human beings without a shred of decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Not really.... the majority of his tribe was responsible for that, not just Julie. Just because she chose to vote for him (along with five others) doesn't make her "truly responsible" for his demise.
    If you recall, the majority alliance of six decided to split their votes between Russell and Stephanie in case Russell had a HII and to flush it out. Russell suspected they would do this and tried to get Julie to flip to Russell's alliance. He thought he succeeded, too... But Julie - smirking the whole time - stuck with the majority and the vote was tied 3–3–3 between Ralph, Russell, and Stephanie. On the re-vote, Russell was voted out in a 5–1 vote and was sent to Redemption Island.

I'm not saying Julie is a great person or even a great player... but she will always have a special place in my heart for pulling a Russell on Russell. He deserved it.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

As I recall, what Julie was not at all in support of was throwing the challenge in the hope of evicting Russell.

You know the more I thought about this, I have to wonder if Phillip at times was undergoing a nicotine withdrawal. The reason I wonder this is because Shane had this issue a few seasons back (the wooden Blackberry phone guy), though in Shane's case it eventually lead to his ouster. Similar signs between the two - irritability, nutty ideas (the bird feathers - Phil, the blackberry - Shane), and thinking they're acting normally when everyone else sees otherwise.

Phillip... hmm... I thought he was OK and one of the more entertaining cast members in this season. He does, however, have to reign in his temper and if he does play this again, try to reign in the zaniness.

Oh, and he needs to pack - no matter who chooses the outfits they wear heading out there - New britches, and hopefully those in boxers if nothing else. The pink ones were so loose you could see details IMHO that you shouldn't see unless you're married.

If you recall, the majority alliance of six decided to split their votes between Russell and Stephanie in case Russell had a HII and to flush it out. Russell suspected they would do this and tried to get Julie to flip to Russell's alliance. He thought he succeeded, too... But Julie - smirking the whole time - stuck with the majority and the vote was tied 3𣛩 between Ralph, Russell, and Stephanie. On the re-vote, Russell was voted out in a 51 vote and was sent to Redemption Island.
    I don't think Julie ever had any intention of not sticking with the plan, but that's just me. And I still wouldn't call her "truly responsible" for his demise just because she's the one he tried to flip over to his side. It still took a bunch of others to vote with her. But whatever.... lol

All true, but she'll always be the "old lady" (Russell's words) truly responsible for the beheading of Russa Hayntz. And yay for that.

As far as Phil goes, I think the medication thing is a possibility. This is not to say there is anything remotely wrong with be medicated... I'm just saying that his behavior is very similar to someone who has "gone off their meds."
    ITA that Julie was the one responsible for the little weasels demise. Who knows what would have happened if she had flipped her vote to his alliance. Ughhh I don't even want to think about it! She's not my favorite person but I have to give kudos to her for taking out the trash!
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I keep coming to read about Phillip, but I keep getting Julie stuff. No fair.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Phillip was one strange dude.

Things post-show have been quiet regarding Phillip. Has he done any press, said anything wacky, or did he just fade back into real life? Maybe seeing himself on TV forced him to take a good look at himself so he's staying out of the public eye for awhile?

+ Reply to Thread