+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't totally blame it all on Matt. He is being interviewed by a production assisstant and he or she has a list of questions that they ask. Also Matt has become the young, good looking, charming, athletic young Christian character and any interviews are slanted that way. I am sure there is plenty of material that is left on the editing room floor that could possible show Matt in a different light. But he has been cast as this character and that character he shall remain as long as he is on Survivor.
    True enough. In the Russel vs. Matt showdown, it served their purpose to have evil fight good to boost that storyline... (Russel even said he'd root for Matt in the real world ).
    But, we also found out Krista was a Christian, but we didn't get thumped with it. And Krista was the one to bring her Bible, not Matt! Also, it didn't work with the storyline that Russel is the evil one, and Krista one of his followers. So until she met Matt... not even mentioned.

FORT Fogey

Matt is putting it out there and he has control over what he says. He is not at the mercy of a producer asking questions if he doesn't want talk about the subject matter they are pushing.

Again last night, as he was preparing to go to sleep, he claimed that God obviously wanted him to go to redemption island again, and so who was he to argue that? I am not particularly religious, although I was raised to be so, but when did people just give up any and all decision making to the will of God? Perhaps I'm taking that wrong, but I just find it so interesting that it seems Matt lays no claim to anything being his decision or the consequences of his actions, but instead the will of God. It's an interesting way to play the game, that's for sure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Again last night, as he was preparing to go to sleep, he claimed that God obviously wanted him to go to redemption island again, and so who was he to argue that? I am not particularly religious, although I was raised to be so, but when did people just give up any and all decision making to the will of God? Perhaps I'm taking that wrong, but I just find it so interesting that it seems Matt lays no claim to anything being his decision or the consequences of his actions, but instead the will of God. It's an interesting way to play the game, that's for sure.
    I think he's taking a "man proposes, God disposes" approach to what's happening to him, and God's vote overrules his. He decides to stay away from RI, but God wants him there. Or Rob does. Or God acting through Rob. Or Rob is God. Or... ok, quitting before the mods zap me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think he's taking a "man proposes, God disposes" approach to what's happening to him, and God's vote overrules his. He decides to stay away from RI, but God wants him there. Or Rob does. Or God acting through Rob. Or Rob is God. Or... ok, quitting before the mods zap me.
    good job!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

LOL.. this post made me laugh...

Whatever "willed" Matt to be there.. It would be pretty tough to get back..

I remember the first time he was voted out and Matt saying it will be the biggest come back in survivor history.... Those words stick with me for some reason...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikikass View Post
    LOL.. this post made me laugh...

Whatever "willed" Matt to be there.. It would be pretty tough to get back..

I remember the first time he was voted out and Matt saying it will be the biggest come back in survivor history.... Those words stick with me for some reason...
    You may be on to something...I have always believed tht every last word on Survivor is foreshadowing something bigger. Think about it -- 72 hours of footage for each contestant for each 40+ minute episode. There is no room for frivolous chatter. It's all about the storytelling.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That is an excellent point...so either they were setting him up to look like a fool (big comeback followed by big exit, again) or he's going to beat the other two guys, come back, link up with Andrea and the remaining O's and one more disaffected Z and wipe the floor with the remaining Z's. It might work if he's willing to let Andrea make the decisions this time....and to be a bit more Old Testament (aka Hebrew Bible) and less New.

FORT Fanatic

I dont real believe that Matt has the gonads to get back in the game and play for blood. He is a sweetie, to sweet, but that is not what the game is about. Frankly, his constant handing over to God of his future is a bit unsettling. Own up to the game! I think he has some very good smarts about him but then he falls so easily back into the gods will stuff that I want to throw up. Matt...play or go home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    You may be on to something...I have always believed tht every last word on Survivor is foreshadowing something bigger. Think about it -- 72 hours of footage for each contestant for each 40+ minute episode. There is no room for frivolous chatter. It's all about the storytelling.
    Ahhhhh, you may be onto something here. Those diary talks are usually harbingers of things to come in either direction. Huge come back or biggest defeat.

They love to show someone bragging about being safe and in a good position just before a blindside.

+ Reply to Thread