+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Re: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Both sides of this argument need to remember that the door swings both ways:

* One side doesn't care to be over-saturated with God-smak.

* The other side does not really want to hear someone who doesn't believe in God tell them what their God cares about and doesn't.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It would be great to see Matt go on another streak, and come back for blood. I'm hoping he draws from David and Golieth, viewing Rob, naturally, as the big bad giant. I don't mean that in a "religious" way at all, Bible stories and religious references just happen to liken themselves to this particular survivor, no disrespect intended, and certainly no declaration of a belief intended.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Both sides of this argument need to remember that the door swings both ways:

* One side doesn't care to be over-saturated with God-smak.

* The other side does not really want to hear someone who doesn't believe in God tell them what their God cares about and doesn't.

My post just above yours tells you that there are not just two sides!

There are plenty of people who believe in god who don't agree with Matts take on things and would prefer not to hear it every show!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

There are plenty of people who believe in god who don't agree with Matts take on things and would prefer not to hear it every show!
    Yeah, I can see that. The biggest problem with Matt and his constant references to his religion is that he makes wild assumptions about what God wants him to do. In a game. It's ridiculous.

I have no problem with him talking about his beliefs, (even constantly)... to me it's no different than anyone talking about what makes them who they are. (Any religion could count here, or people who believe strongly in women's rights, or homosexuality... whatever has defined a person) It's the darn assumptions about what God wants that drive me wild! Even assuming that God isn't interested in reality shows is just another assumption. Maybe he's interested. In Matt losing.

Who knows?

I don't totally blame it all on Matt. He is being interviewed by a production assisstant and he or she has a list of questions that they ask. Also Matt has become the young, good looking, charming, athletic young Christian character and any interviews are slanted that way. I am sure there is plenty of material that is left on the editing room floor that could possible show Matt in a different light. But he has been cast as this character and that character he shall remain as long as he is on Survivor.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

I saw your post and it only confirms what I say. You are dogging Matt for being vocal about what he believes. (you would be the first type mentioned in my previous post). There are plenty of agnostic people who don't like to hear other people bashing religion and there are Christians who don't like to hear "bible thumpers". The door swings both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian View Post
    It would be great to see Matt go on another streak, and come back for blood. I'm hoping he draws from David and Golieth, viewing Rob, naturally, as the big bad giant. I don't mean that in a "religious" way at all, Bible stories and religious references just happen to liken themselves to this particular survivor, no disrespect intended, and certainly no declaration of a belief intended.
    I like Matt, he just doesnt have the instincts needed for survivor.He doesnt read people very well, its very prominent with some players, with him, and not because he's young.He doesn't have it. I dont think he will last much longer in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't totally blame it all on Matt. He is being interviewed by a production assisstant and he or she has a list of questions that they ask.
    That probably is a factor. Notice that he makes no mention of religion in his profile, which other contestants have done in previous seasons.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    That probably is a factor. Notice that he makes no mention of religion in his profile, which other contestants have done in previous seasons.
    Good point...be very amusing if he commented on that at the reunion...as in, you know, people, I'm really not all that religious!
    And yeah, I think the "challenges" for him are going to get a lot more challenging with the next group of evictees.

Personally, I'm annoyed by a lot of people on all the seasons of Survivor.
    I just have to figure out if I can tolerate the annoyance(s) enough to still enjoy the show. So far, I can.

+ Reply to Thread