+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

FORT Fan

Re: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    It was nice. I sure hadn't gotten a super Christian vibe from her before then.
    Definitely not a Christian vibe in terms of her actions on the island...in fact, I nearly spit out my drink when I saw what her luxury item was. Not sure who she was trying to fool, but I believe that actions speak volumes. I'm delighted that Matt won the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Me too!!! I am SO pulling for Matt to be the one who gets to re-enter the game from Redemption Island. He seems like such a fine young man.
    I totally agree!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really like that Matt has dominated the duels and will probably re-enter the game! It is just nice to see that when Rob did that stupid blindside of him, it didn't send him home. I hope he gets back in and takes out Rob. That would be sweet!

I understand the guy has religious conviction, and all the power to him. I just wish he could get through a sentence without using the word "God."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fanatic

These contestants who bring religion into their game play crack me up. I dont find them too far removed from some of the tribes who chant, dance and sacrifice to the great boogity in the bushes.
    Now, Boston Rob's quote about not joining anything out there that has a big group of followers was funny, considering he started it out by stating that he goes to church on Sundays.

Matt, you freakin' moron... I am so embarrassed that have I pulled for you all season long, thinking you would come back and knock Rob off of his high horse, only to have you re-enter the game and show us that you are basically dysfunctional. You can't make a decision and follow through. Do you think you honored your God by telling Andrea that you would only "discuss this between us two" and then running straight to Rob and telling him everything without discussing it with her?

I can't remember when I have ever been more disappointed by a player that I was pulling for. You deserved what you got.

Good for Andrea in realizing that you can't be trusted. Even if she does have your back, you obviously didn't have hers and it was in her best interest to get you out. I think she will still be willing to listen to a plan to oust Rob though. How could a sane person not sniff him out?

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    These contestants who bring religion into their game play crack me up. I dont find them too far removed from some of the tribes who chant, dance and sacrifice to the great boogity in the bushes.
    Now, Boston Rob's quote about not joining anything out there that has a big group of followers was funny, considering he started it out by stating that he goes to church on Sundays.
    This is where most people non-believers just don't get it. They don't bring religion into the game, it's who they are. They are not going to stop living for Him just because they are in a game that's being televised.

I am sure Matt didn't hide anything about himself from the producers, so it was up to them whether they wanted to take the risk of offending those that are offended when a contestant believes that God cares about every single part of their lives, which includes how they perform in a game.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    Matt, you freakin' moron... I am so embarrassed that have I pulled for you all season long, thinking you would come back and knock Rob off of his high horse, only to have you re-enter the game and show us that you are basically dysfunctional. You can't make a decision and follow through. Do you think you honored your God by telling Andrea that you would only "discuss this between us two" and then running straight to Rob and telling him everything without discussing it with her?

I can't remember when I have ever been more disappointed by a player that I was pulling for. You deserved what you got.

Good for Andrea in realizing that you can't be trusted. Even if she does have your back, you obviously didn't have hers and it was in her best interest to get you out. I think she will still be willing to listen to a plan to oust Rob though. How could a sane person not sniff him out?
    Yep I'm pretty disappointed in myself for being so certain there would be a major shakeup when he came back. I guess I gave him too much credit. IF he manages to come back a second time I hope to he's ready to play.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    This is where most people non-believers just don't get it. They don't bring religion into the game, it's who they are. They are not going to stop living for Him just because they are in a game that's being televised.

I am sure Matt didn't hide anything about himself from the producers, so it was up to them whether they wanted to take the risk of offending those that are offended when a contestant believes that God cares about every single part of their lives, which includes how they perform in a game.
    I agree with you on this. It's a part of who he is. I don't think he should hide that part of himself just so non-believers aren't offended. He's not pushing it on anyone or forcing his tribe to worship or pray, just stating his own faith.

With that said..... GOD DOESN'T CARE WHO WINS REALITY SHOWS!! With all the issues in this world, the outcome of a reality show & a bunch of fame-whores is not even on His radar. I wish contestants would realize that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I understand completely where Matt is coming from, and he just can't play the game of Survivor effectively because of it. His religious convictions don't work for this game. His heart is sincere, and the's trying to be an honest man, but he doesn't realize that the others are not that way. Rob has no problem lying to his face. Poor Matt - he is like a baby in a snake pit!

I still like him and would be super excited if he could actually win this game just through winning challenge after challenge at Redemption Island.

+ Reply to Thread