+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrea Boehlke - Redemption Island

Re: Andrea Boehlke - Redemption Island

The only female I like this season. Too bad she has a huge target on her. Thanks to Matt.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

She may be at RI right now, but the game is not yet over for her. She can still come back from winning the duels at RI and I hope she beats Matt at RI.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    She may be at RI right now, but the game is not yet over for her. She can still come back from winning the duels at RI and I hope she beats Matt at RI.
    The producers sit down with the editors to form the story after the filming wraps. If she were a player in the end, I think we would have seen more of her. She is an enigma as are the other girls.

I would have to disagree. Andrea arguably got the best edit of all the females this season (other than Francesca, but she was only highly-shown in the first episode because she ended up being the boot). She was edited as UTR for some episodes, but there have been a good amount of episodes where it was sort of hinted to us that she really knows this game. We even got a glimmer of hope that she would team up with Phillip to take Rob out.

That's why I'm so confused about her elimination yesterday. There has been so much building up... and we get nothing? I'm speculating that there's more to this build-up of her being this great strategist in the game. I'm going to call it right now: either her or Matt come back from RI and avenge both of their losses.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I would have to disagree. Andrea arguably got the best edit of all the females this season (other than Francesca, but she was only highly-shown in the first episode because she ended up being the boot). She was edited as UTR for some episodes, but there have been a good amount of episodes where it was sort of hinted to us that she really knows this game. We even got a glimmer of hope that she would team up with Phillip to take Rob out.

That's why I'm so confused about her elimination yesterday. There has been so much building up... and we get nothing? I'm speculating that there's more to this build-up of her being this great strategist in the game. I'm going to call it right now: either her or Matt come back from RI and avenge both of their losses.
    You make a good point. The talk of her ability to play the game could be either she is coming back or simply justification for her boot. It will be interesting to see if she survives the next duel against two strong challenge winners.

I'm hoping it's the former. I mean, it's (sadly) typical for someone to be called a threat as a means to boot them within one episode (see: Kelly in Samoa... who is also a prime example of someone who had gotten the shaft in the editing board (hence the reason I said "sadly" earlier)). But the talk of Andrea being a gamer has been an ongoing thing and not just something mentioned in the last episode. If they really edited her this way to build up to her unsuspenseful elimination, the producers are just playing mind games with the viewers. Well, at least this viewer.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Yes, her game playing ability was clear to Rob from the start so the reason for her boot was not the courtesy "you were a threat." She is.

I wish I would have saved the show that aired on the TVguide channel before the season started. The one where we meet the castaways and Jeff gives his opinion on all of them. I belive he said that Andrea was smart and could win this if she______. Whatever. He said Ralph was an interesting guy who was ______ but could not win this. And so on.

I expect to see Ralph be the next to leave RI because I don't see them presenting a challenge that would require testosterone and put Andrea at an unfair disadvantage. Ralph does not shine in puzzles or balancing. Andrea then spends time with Matt and Mike who have that religious bond with her. She automatically becomes one of them and could win a jury vote. They will see her as a commerade and victim of Rob.

I am a Rob fan and would love to see him win but I enjoy looking at all the options.

Is this it? YouTube - Survivor: Redemption Island - Jeff Probst Cast Assessment

Andrea also got a lot of focus when it came to her and Matt. I'm very curious as to how he is going to react when she arrives at RI, but just like how all of the talk about how she's a gamer couldn't just be there to justify her boot, the amount of attention that their relationship received can't just be a build up to this reunion. Like I said before, there has got to be more.

That's why I think either Andrea or Matt is coming back, probably the latter since he has been a dominant force in the duels. One of them is avenging their loss. And remember that one scene when Phillip and Andrea were looking to the future and scheming to take Rob out one day? I'm guessing that the returnee does just that.

I have to say, I was really sad about her elimination, but her ouster has also made me the most excited I've ever been about an upcoming episode of this season. Of course, I'm probably very off in my speculation, but we'll see how it all turns out.

FORT Fogey

Thanks! Yes, this is it.

I think Matt is coming back but I would not rule out Andrea. She definately has more in her edit than any of the other players outside of the obvious "stars," so there may be something more with her.

This game is definately picking up now. I also anticipate the returning RI player will team up with the others and vote out Rob. The big question is when is this player returning?

Another huge question. They want to get Rob out right now, but will they realize that going to the end with the victor of RI, no matter who it is, they cannot win? They are a bigger threat to win than Rob.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-06-2011 at 06:52 AM.

IMO... the only way for the person returning from RI to make it to the FTC is for them to win the final IC. The one thing the remaining players should agree on is that the RI return player is a huge jury vote threat--unless it's Phillip!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast