+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

Re: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4184351;
    I like Rob, but I do hope that he retires (I can't believe I'm saying that for a reality show) after this season. Doing too many of these can affect him long term in life, and I don't want to see him have lasting effects from it. The passing out his last season should be a sign that this is getting tougher and he has a wife and two children now to take care of.

That said, I hope he at least makes it to the jury, then he'll have been in all three rounds of elimination - pre-jury, in jury, final two. He I think will be the only one to have done that.

Russell - he's there for ratings, and honestly if people wise up, they'll keep him in long enough to make it to jury then oust him prior to it.

Or better, they may try to keep him to jury so they can show him what it feels like to watch others play the game and get a wakeup call as to how to truly play this game and win. He really needs a different perspective given he doesn't get that you must have some social to win this game.

I mean, hell, even Richard had some social game in his season - if he didn't, Rudy, who was homophobic at the time, wouldn't have warmed up to Richard, and that was just one vote that determined his win - he did win 4-3 against Kelly. Getting Rudy to warm up to Rich and see that he was more than the label, made Rudy trust him to the point that he kept his word in that if he was eliminated, he'd vote for Rich. (BTW, unlike how I feel with Russell, I do think Rich would've voted for Rudy had the tables reversed).

I know this is a bit rambling, but that's the point - every winner has had some social aspect in this game, made at least a couple of friends, and won. Russell has never had any true friends who'd stick with him - he was more loner, and he lost every time.
    I recall Rudy nd Rich stating at the after show they had a genuine friendship. I wouldn't think Rich would have turned on Rudy, either.

BTW, anyone know how Rudy is doing? he's my all time favorite and i think he proved loud and clear that older people aren't always close minded., they are open to change. I just think he was an amazing guy and sadly, someone like him would never be cast in this day and age of survivor. It's quite astonishing to think he made it to the final four-and the only reason he didn't make it past was because he accidentally removed his hand from the post-just loved him to pieces Crotchety but fair minded.
    That's why I loathe people like Russel, they aren't original or terribly interesting, they've taken Richard's game ( i mean let's face it, the guy is the inventor of the strategy itself)and twisted it around and he just makes it sound like he's this genius whose invented all these new tricks when he hasn't. he's just taken Richards ideas and taken them to the nauseating extreme.
    As for Rob, he and his wife are nothing but a couple of fame whores who should have gotten off the reality Merry-go-round eons ago. Enough already, Rob. Time to accept the fact you can't win Survivor. I don't want to see the guy show up for like his 57th attempt at trying to win.
    Like others, Rob has kind of grown on me and he actually seems to be a nicer guy these days, at least on camera. Sometimes, nice guys should just ride off into the sunset leaving us with only fond memories of their daring do.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Oh, Lord. I like the Redemption Island concept. But I'm so tired of the same cast members coming back.

This has me 50/50 on the fence whether I'll watch it at all. I ended up quitting last season only partway into it and ended up not missing it at all. I don't know if I'll bother this year.

I don't understand the Rob vs. Russell angle that's being hyped. Usually a versus type situation implies two of the best at their game doing battle. But I've never thought of Rawb as being a particularly skilled Survivor. He competes hard at the challenges but that's about it. The only reason he and Ambuh made it so far during their season was because the other players were so scared of their mighty two-person alliance and let themselves get run over. He hasn't done anything during any season to warrant any more than a barely above average Survivor status. Russel on the other hand is a formidable opponent. He find HII's, makes deals, plays the game, and is the perfect antagonist. The producers are trying to create a screwy, faux rivalry to try and get one over on the audience. They forget the Survivor audience is more sophisticated than your average WB sitcom watcher and they risk alienating and losing a good chunk of their once-loyal fan base with their condescension. They are totally out of touch with their audience and they proved it with that ridiculous Reunion Show last season and now this season by bringing back Survivor has-beens. How are we going to meet the next Ozzy, Colby, Rupert, Johhny Fairplay, Sue Hawk, Stephanie, Bobby, Ian, or Cirie if they keep giving us tired reruns and rehashed story lines. Somethings got to give and it will be me if they don't turn it around and soon.
    Last edited by rfromp; 02-14-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling counts!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4147706;
    I guess I'm in the minority. I LOVE Boston Rob and wouldn't be a bit upset if he was on every season.

The first time, I disliked him, the second, I warmed up a little. But then he did TAR with Amber and while he was an ass to his competition, he always, always treated Amber with the utmost respect. Even when they were bickering. That says a lot about a man and he won me over with the way he treated his wife. I've loved him ever since.
    Ditto

Russell and Rob should make it to the jury then get their fires snuffed. It would be a hoot watching them in the Ponderosa clips.

I'm more upset with the rest of the cast than with Rob and Russell.
    We've got far too many Californians. Hello producers, there are 49 other states to choose your cast from.
    We've got our token attorneys (and I'm betting they're rude and opinionated) our token cheerleader, our token firefighter, our token farmer, our token fitness (yoga) instructor that also happens to look like our token 60's wannabe, our token pro-athletes....did I miss our token bartender??

And they're all skinny!!!

I'm sick of it!

Where are the real people that are real fans of the show??

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;4194397;
    Russell and Rob should make it to the jury then get their fires snuffed. It would be a hoot watching them in the Ponderosa clips.

I'm more upset with the rest of the cast than with Rob and Russell.
    We've got far too many Californians. Hello producers, there are 49 other states to choose your cast from.
    We've got our token attorneys (and I'm betting they're rude and opinionated) our token cheerleader, our token firefighter, our token farmer, our token fitness (yoga) instructor that also happens to look like our token 60's wannabe, our token pro-athletes....did I miss our token bartender??

And they're all skinny!!!

I'm sick of it!

Where are the real people that are real fans of the show??
    Very well said, and worth repeating! And those tokens are right on the money...I've been sick of that for years, so predictable.

And there are 4 other tokens: the old guy and gal and the black guy and gal. And bartender should be "mixologist"
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It's why I enjoyed the early seasons of this show, if for anything else we got people who were real, lived outside of CA, and didn't all aspire or think they looked like models/actors/actresses. Does Lynn Spellman still work for CBS in the casting department?

And one thing about Rob/Russell. For HvsV, Probst said the reason we didn't see certain contestants back was for the overexposure factor. This isn't overexposure? Especially Russell. He's been in 3 of the last 4 Survivor seasons. I hope they both fail miserably, because I think the so-called rivalry is fake, stupid, and an excuse, and will go nowhere except be heavily edited to make it look like it's something. All we're going to hear all season is about beating Rob/Russell, and then gloating if/when it happens. I hope it does.

You know, if I ever decide to audition for this show and I get ever so lucky to be accepted, I feel like people would immediately hate me because I hail from California.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I just went through all the pics and from just physical appearances and impressions it appears that Team Rob is STACKED. I wonder how they selected the tribes?

Do we have spoilers for the boot order yet? Or any good spoilers in general?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I just went through all the pics and from just physical appearances and impressions it appears that Team Rob is STACKED. I wonder how they selected the tribes?

Do we have spoilers for the boot order yet? Or any good spoilers in general?
    I was also wondering if we will have a Spoiler Thread. There was one on here for a while, but I haven't seen it lately.

Do you think that the law suit that CBS filed against that blogger who later admitted that he got his spoiler information from Russell Hantz will keep FORT from having a Spoiler Thread for Survivor Redemption Island?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567