+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade;4147263;
    This cast seems boring. Recurring characters with different names, for the most part.
    And hey, only 10 of the contestants are from California!
    (Definitely wouldn't shock me if that's not the most Californians in a season, though )

Hope I'm wrong.

EDIT - And sorry, I have to correct one thing --- Grant is friends with Natalie Bolton from Micronesia
    I must have misread that Natalie connection, but they might as well be one in the same for me. Except one got an "evil" edit and finally got facetime 2 episodes before her boot, and Natalie was a tag along. At any rate, I don't think I'm going to like Grant. He's probably going to have the Russell obsession edit (I'm sure it's no coincidence that most of the videos had them focus on disliking Russell). And he seems like he could be the arrogant younger alpha male. I think CI or Fiji hold the record for most Californians in a cast, but I might be wrong. If they insist on recruiting, it's too bad they couldn't at least make the effort to travel to other states

I do agree the cast seems boring. I don't need another Fabio look alike, or 2 other NFL connected players that will probably be like Jimmy Johnson vs the guys in his tribe part 2. The girls look either boring, weak, or that they'll be dead weight and out early (maybe Julie and Francesca will be the overbearing older women types we sometimes get and get booted pre-merge). I've never believed Probst spins the hype on Russell; he really feels that way, and I hate the attitude that if you dont believe his way of thinking, you're wrong. I like Russell and Rob, but sheesh, give us a break. I doubt they'll be the first to go, more because I don't think the show would want to waste this twist. They're going to build up this stupid rivalry, which has to be the dumbest idea for a twist. If Probst thinks Russell can't win, why keep bringing him back? He probably won't win unless the show rigs it for him, but I don't care to hear another reunion show and interviews where he feels he was robbed. I doubt either one has changed their strategy. I'm sure the focus will be all on them, the Fabio look alike, the alpha males, and the Russell/Rob fans (I'm sure they'll have worshippers somewhere) and haters.

OMG....Russell again...I don't know if I can survive another season of him without wanting to jump through the tv and choking him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4147739;

I doubt they'll be the first to go, more because I don't think the show would want to waste this twist. They're going to build up this stupid rivalry, which has to be the dumbest idea for a twist. I'm sure the focus will be all on them, the Fabio look alike, the alpha males, and the Russell/Rob fans (I'm sure they'll have worshippers somewhere) and haters.
    This is what upsets me. They are ruining Survivor for me by making another show that is centered around Rob and Russell and their "rivalry".

IT IS THE DUMBEST IDEA FOR A TWIST. How can it even be considered a twist if you keep using the same tired old idea (the so-called twist) over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4147706;
    I guess I'm in the minority. I LOVE Boston Rob and wouldn't be a bit upset if he was on every season.
    You're not alone! I'm even going to change my avatar (again!) to celebrate my beloved BRob being back on my tv again.

While I don't think Rob can win, I dearly hope he lasts longer than that little toothless troll. But I have to say I'm happy to at least have TWO gameplayers in the game, since last cast was just too stupid and boring for words. Please, let them PLAY THE GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4147706;
    I guess I'm in the minority. I LOVE Boston Rob and wouldn't be a bit upset if he was on every season.

The first time, I disliked him, the second, I warmed up a little. But then he did TAR with Amber and while he was an ass to his competition, he always, always treated Amber with the utmost respect. Even when they were bickering. That says a lot about a man and he won me over with the way he treated his wife. I've loved him ever since.
    You're not alone love me some Boston Rob !!!!!!!
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4148313;
    I'm even going to change my avatar (again!) to celebrate my beloved BRob being back on my tv again.

While I don't think Rob can win, I dearly hope he lasts longer than that little toothless troll. But I have to say I'm happy to at least have TWO gameplayers in the game, since last cast was just too stupid and boring for words. Please, let them PLAY THE GAME!
    Good idea! And I agree about the game players. At least this season we KNOW we'll some good moves.

Truelovealways and sweetpea, it's nice to know I'm not completely alone!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It will be interesting to see if Russell can do what Richard Hatch never could. Do well again with everyone knowing the tricks that got you to the end before.

If I were on Russell's team I'd want to keep him around. He's shown pretty clearly he can get to the end but can't win so why not hook your wagon to him and hope for the million. I don't really get why Rob is back. He's 1 for 3 in getting anywhere in the game and one of those losses was to Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;4149386;
    It will be interesting to see if Russell can do what Richard Hatch never could. Do well again with everyone knowing the tricks that got you to the end before.

If I were on Russell's team I'd want to keep him around. He's shown pretty clearly he can get to the end but can't win so why not hook your wagon to him and hope for the million. I don't really get why Rob is back. He's 1 for 3 in getting anywhere in the game and one of those losses was to Russell.
    Rob placed second in the first All Stars. It was between him and Amber. He protected her throughout most of the game and it was those two in the end. You could say he won because he got the girl and the girl had the cash...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rob is back because first and foremost he loves playing the game of Survivor. He's said it numerous times, and when you watch him there you can see it...he just feels like he is in his element when he's there. He's really great at the challenges, and we all know he likes the scheming. Hey, if someone paid me to go again (and you KNOW he and Russell are being compensated whether they make it to the end or not) and my wife said "go for it!" (which I'm assuming Amber did, since he obviously loves and respects her so I doubt he would go without her approval) and it was something I loved...hey, why not?

I saw an interview with Russell about the upcoming season, and I believe that he is bigger than I have ever seen him. It got me to wondering just how long it has been since the filming of Survivor 22 wrapped up? It looked like he has packed on the pounds - granted all I saw was his upper body. He also is sporting a tattoo, which I don't remember him having before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast