+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4130509;
    Do what? Jud is an adult, and may or may not care what his family has to say about the money. As for not touching ANY of it, I have to disagree. I se nothing wrong with him blowing hell out of a small part, maybe 10%, and splitting the rest in half if he really wants to try to start a business of whatever type. If he left even $150,000in a 'do not touch' account, even a safe one like index funds, he would still have a really nice retirement when the time came. With cash, not a loan, in hand, if he was modest, he could try his promotional company or whatever it was, and still have enough to start over if that proved to be a failure. It takes money to make money, and Jud now has a wonderful opportunity to try one or two things and still not go broke, if he isn't stupid about it.

As to how the money gets spent period, the twenty somethings just kill me getting their thongs in a twist if someone doesn't want to 'improve the world', give at least half to charity, etc. Being totally honest--I'dgive some to charities if it were me. I always have given money, and tried to donate time/items/etc to one thing and another. But out of a $600,000 net, think what you will, but I would NOT be giving half or even a third of it away, moast likely, and any business I set up would, 95 out of a hundred, NOT be one that was linked to saving the planet, doing research to save people, or anything like that, at least not as the #1, or likelyeven 2nd 3rd priority unless it was a coincidental part of something I am really interesed in..
    I so agree with all you wrote here. When you're young, you have this idealist view of helping others. Then you get older and find out the world isn't like you thought.
    Giving to some charities often means padding the pockets of the top executives of the charity. Check out how much goes to the needy first. I'm very picky about my charities.

In America, I support Fabio's right to squander the whole thing. I hope he doesn't but he has that right and other people's moral judgements of how he spends it, shouldn't influence him. He seems like a real family type guy so I think he'll listen to his parents and be smart about his winnings.

FORT Newbie

It's pretty stupid that Jeff said that it was from " that " point forward. It should've been from the moment that Kelly S and NaOnka left that , That rule should've been in place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4130509;
    Do what? Jud is an adult, and may or may not care what his family has to say about the money. As for not touching ANY of it, I have to disagree. I se nothing wrong with him blowing hell out of a small part, maybe 10%, and splitting the rest in half if he really wants to try to start a business of whatever type. If he left even $150,000in a 'do not touch' account, even a safe one like index funds, he would still have a really nice retirement when the time came. With cash, not a loan, in hand, if he was modest, he could try his promotional company or whatever it was, and still have enough to start over if that proved to be a failure. It takes money to make money, and Jud now has a wonderful opportunity to try one or two things and still not go broke, if he isn't stupid about it.As to how the money gets spent period, the twenty somethings just kill me getting their thongs in a twist if someone doesn't want to 'improve the world', give at least half to charity, etc. Being totally honest--I'dgive some to charities if it were me. I always have given money, and tried to donate time/items/etc to one thing and another. But out of a $600,000 net, think what you will, but I would NOT be giving half or even a third of it away, moast likely, and any business I set up would, 95 out of a hundred, NOT be one that was linked to saving the planet, doing research to save people, or anything like that, at least not as the #1, or likelyeven 2nd 3rd priority unless it was a coincidental part of something I am really interesed in..
    Sure he may not care or seek advice from his parents on how to invest his win but they are close so I think he will. I love the guy but he just does not radiate money smarts. He has all the ear markings for making bad choices in this arena

I totally agree with everything else you said.

Problem with Final Two is whoever wins immunity at F3 invariably kicks off the next strongest player, making final TC that much less interesting. If two strong or deserving people could make it to F2 I'd be ok with it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4130717;
    Problem with Final Two is whoever wins immunity at F3 invariably kicks off the next strongest player, making final TC that much less interesting. If two strong or deserving people could make it to F2 I'd be ok with it.
    I agree. I like three in the final. It reduces dragging someone under the radar or extremely abrasive with you. With 3 the probability of seeing two serious contenders go against each other is higher.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4130584;
    I so agree with all you wrote here. When you're young, you have this idealist view of helping others. Then you get older and find out the world isn't like you thought.
    Giving to some charities often means padding the pockets of the top executives of the charity. Check out how much goes to the needy first. I'm very picky about my charities.

In America, I support Fabio's right to squander the whole thing. I hope he doesn't but he has that right and other people's moral judgements of how he spends it, shouldn't influence him. He seems like a real family type guy so I think he'll listen to his parents and be smart about his winnings.
    I guess Fabio has the right to squander it... but I don't think he will. What I totally support is his idea to use the money to follow a dream. He's a musician, and as an artist, how many people truly get the means to pursue their art?! It's so difficult to have a real chance when you're an artist, so I'm thrilled he's going to get that chance! Even if he loses all his money giving it a go, I don't think he'll ever regret going after something he truly cares for, even if it seems idealistic to most.

I think the votes went like this:

Chase: Brenda, Alina, Holly, Naonka
    Fabio: Dan, Marty, Benry, Kelly, Jane

Jane and Nay are interchangeable. Jane may have forgiven Chase while Nay may have switched her vote after Fabio getting the best of her with her question to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4131598;
    I think the votes went like this:

Chase: Brenda, Alina, Holly, Naonka
    Fabio: Dan, Marty, Benry, Kelly, Jane

Jane and Nay are interchangeable. Jane may have forgiven Chase while Nay may have switched her vote after Fabio getting the best of her with her question to him.
    I believe Holly voted for Jud/Fabio and Kelly for Chase, otherwise the votes are correct.

Not so sure why Holly wanted Sash out coming into the F3 when she has a better chance against him than Chase. That means she was really close to Chase. Maybe she felt betrayed by Chase too that she voted for Fabio but I didn't think that was the case based on her questions to them. Same with Kelly, I thought after her questioning, she was leaning towards Fabio.

Kelly Shinn and Na'Onka voted for Fabio/Jud

Jane and Holly voted for Chase

+ Reply to Thread