+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Tilden. 8. Next season? - Well, I don't have a problem so much with redemption island in that they have a chance to fight to come back on. It is essentially exile island except it's either you win the next challenge or you're out. And from the sound of things, it sounds like it's only one person who will return though. It's interesting there, as were some other things I noticed here, but I can't say because it could possibly spoil next season.
    Since it is out there for all of us to see, I would not count this as a spoiler but rather speculation based on an observation. Please do tell! If you prefer send me a PM. Thanks.

The clips they showed of Nak were the mildest things they could find. She was glib and dismissive as she passed off her behavior to role play. I sure hope a long hard look at herself make her think about her attitude.

to Fabio! I am confident that his family will make sure his $650,000 (about) is invested wisely for his future. Better not to touch any of it and allow it to grow.

Alina wanted a man not a boy to win? Silly way of giving a nod to Chase and a dig to Fabio.

Maybabie I wasn't a fan of this reunion special. It seemed Jeff spent too much time talking to people in the audience that truly gave no insight into the actual game and the outcome (Boston Rob, Terry Bradshaw, Naonka's Mom). It seems in seasons past more time was devoted to talking to the players and showing clips and asking about stategies. I think almost every season Jeff had them raise their hand and asked who voted for whom. He also puts a different scenario out there such as "If Holly had been in the final 3, would your vote have been different?" (which I would've liked the answer to as well). A mediocre ending to a mediocre season.
    I agree! Terry Bradshaw? Really? I don't care to spend any time on those who left early in the game famous or not let alone talking to a friend in the audience.

I suspect that when Jeff goes, so does the show. He is an integral part and cannot be easily replaced. If they were to do so I am confident they would choose a seasoned host and not a former survivor. The job takes a lot of skill.

Redemption island does not sound all that interesting. Using the example of Cirie vs Rupert illustrated the obvious. The stronger of the two will win unless they take measures to choose a balanced challenge.

FORT Fogey

Why would Jeff leave a show that he probaly is making a lot of money on if the offer is still there? Does he have that many other offers in the works? I think it is so dumb that these Hollywood people act like a good paying job is so disposable. I really would not mind a change up to hosts, to me it is a moot point who hosts the show.

FORT Fogey

I think Redemption Island sound interesting. It really adds a new dimension to the voting out. Say you really dislike someone, you may try and figure out who could go to redemption island to ouster them for good. There is a lot more strategy to voting now. Hopefully the chosen cast will be up to making it good.

I'm OK with Fabio winning. Sash didn't even get one vote. And I'm also ok with Jane winning the 10K. I wish the reunion show had been more about the contestants than it was. I thought Jeff spent too much time on Coach Jimmy just because he's a celebrity. I wanted to see Naonka raked over the coals more.
    I am looking forward to Redemption Island, sound like it will be good.

FORT Fogey

I woke up this morning with the title for Chase's first hit single in my head: "Are You Allyin' With Me Or Just A-Lyin' To Me?"

I also have some questions about Redemption Island. If they're left there to survive on their own, does that mean no food or shelter or fire of any kind or are they allowed whatever the other survivors are allowed (e.g. rice, flint)? I was also wondering at what point the remaining Redemption Island person would be brought back into the game, and how much time would be spent on the activity on Redemption Island. If they keep it to an hour time frame, isn't it going to split the focus of the show a bit? What with reward challenges and immunity challenges and tribal councils and Redemption Island challenges, does that mean there will be less time spent in the two camps, which is where you get a sense of who the contestants are and who they've aligned with? I know they've kind of done that before with Exile Island, but they didn't have to set up challenges there too. Come to think of it, that means a lot more work for the people who come up with challenges, unless the Redemption Island challenge is always the same, which would be kind of dull and give a huge advantage to the contestant who had played before.

FORT Regular

I'll add my thoughts. I'm glad Jud won, but he made a total idiot of himself at the reunion. Was he high? He didn't string together ANY words that formed a coherent sentence. And Jane is the fan favorite? D@mn I hated her. She has to be the most IMMATURE old lady I've ever seen. Holly occasionally annoyed me, but she at least acted mature (after her early attack of crazy in the first few days) I never liked Chase either. He lucked his way to the finale. I'll never believe that strategy got him there. He made more stupid moves than any finalist ever. Jud turned out to be the most likable of the finalst, so that's why I was pulling for him. But it kinda sucked that the whole season came down to Dumb and Dumber.

And Shannon...could you BE a bigger D-bag??? Your family must be so proud to know what a complete tool you are.
    Last edited by brycola; 12-20-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4130098;

I also have some questions about Redemption Island. If they're left there to survive on their own, does that mean no food or shelter or fire of any kind or are they allowed whatever the other survivors are allowed (e.g. rice, flint)?
    I believe Jeff said that they would have everything that the other camps do. Utensils, shelter, rice, etc....I'm curious, too, when they will bring the person back into the actual game. The idea of Redemption Island intrigues me. I'll reserve judgement until after the season airs.

I'm glad Jud won, but he made a total idiot of himself at the reunion. Was he high? He didn't string together ANY words that formed a coherent sentence.
    I think he was just very excited. I'm not sure I would be able to form a coherent sentence either, moments after I won a million bucks.

I also don't care what he does with the money. He won it fair and square and while it would be smart to invest and save at least some of it, it's his money to do what he wants. I would never ask them what they would do with the money if I were on the jury. It's pointless. You have no way of knowing if that's what they really will do and just because one person says 'give it to charity' doesn't mean they deserve it more than the guy next to him who played his ass off.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Talking about Jane getting a P90X commercial...have y'all actually SEEN any P90X commercials? They're filled with hot people. I'm VERY sorry that this is going to come across as rude and mean...but Jane AIN'T hot. She was downright frightening at times. A few of the shots of her could be used in horror movies.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Concerning NaOnka and Kelly B:

I was hoping the point Kelly B was trying to get across would have been taken to heart by more people. She didn't mind that she had to fight NaOnka for the clue... that was NaOnka treating her as an equal.
    What she DID mind was NaOnka saying things like... "I'll carry you on my back through the game." NaOnka saw her as a disabled person first, she was so focused on her prosthetic, she didn't see anything else. THIS is what bothered Kelly B.

This was perhaps the most disappointing thing about the whole season for me. The players assumed she would be a threat to win because people would pity her. It's a sad statement about how we still view people with disabilities.

If my kids were in a NaOnka school, I would pull them so quick... I just couldn't allow that mental case to teach them.

One thing about Redemption Island that concerns me is that someone big and strong, like a Shannon, could possibly make it through to a point where he could start an individual immunity run. I would hate to see someone like Shannon make the final three over someone who worked their way through the game strategically. Plus, after seeing his comments at the reunion, I was so relieved we weren't subjected to his load of crap the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4130050;
    I actually was okay with Fabio winning until the vote, then he just really lost me. He was cocky, not just confident, but in-your-face cocky. Maybe youth had something to do with that response, maybe he just loved the fact that people had under estimated him, but it was not appealing.
    I didn't see that for the most part - he seemed to be really excited to me and it came off as cocky. No, it's not endearing, but when you have two relatively good players against you, you were going to be voted out but won immunity three times when it counted, and it was that close to a likable guy (at least Chase was IMHO - he played the game, but still was a nice person as himself), you may have bragging rights.

That said, my concern is how he's going to spend it. Now admittedly it's not my money it's his, but I really would rather see him use it wisely and not for this plan he currently has. I can see it going away very quickly, and while he can and does model, that may not last long and he could really struggle if he did both and lost at both. Putting at least some of that money in savings (and there are groups that have a decent percentage rate - a couple more than a percent, some that much, and $500 or so is $500 or so more), will guarantee he has something for a rainy day.

+ Reply to Thread