+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I agree about the two quitters not being on the jury. Jeff should have sent their azzes home and thrown their torches in the fire and burnt them up.
    And about that award challenge: I expected Nayoinka to just sit there and not do anything because she is the disgusting person she is. I thought Danny should have stepped up and not gone to the award. He didn't do anything to help his team win but sit in that giant chair.

Dan sitting in that huge chair swinging his legs was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. I wonder how he even got up there with his bad knee?
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;4118334;
    NaOnka is a perfect example of the dangers of raising a post-modern child. At least as she's portrayed on this show, she is stuffed full of self-esteem, and nothing but. She appears to have no sense of loyalty or of responsibility to anyone but herself. At age - what? 24? she believes that she is already who she ought to be, and has allowed no room in her life for growth or change - because she cannot imagine needing to grow or change. She is already perfectly herself, has set her stakes in the ground, and has no reason to move them. In fact, if she is as she is portrayed in the show, she has made them all but impossible to move. I weep for her. And I pray that, at the end of the day, she is not who she showed herself to be on this show.
    I really enjoyed this post. It articulates so much of what frustrates me about my generation. NaOnka, at least as portrayed, is a caricature of the realization of all you mentioned.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;4118436;
    NaOnka took Brenda out and she deserves credit for that.
    It wasn't her idea alone though. I might be wrong, but I feel like she wasn't actually the one to start that idea.

She also donated her idol when she could have taken it with her.
    She could have given everyone a tarp and more food, but she chose to eat maybe an hour or two before she knew she was leaving. And I don't buy that 110% BS b/c of course Holly did the same!

We didn't walk a mile in her shoes with her joint pain so I doubt we can really judge her.
    Yea we can, because Dan's been doing it for the entire friggin' time!

She didn't owe of the tribe anything so she didn't need to sacrifice dinner and a movie.
    You could argue that, but I think it's more valid that she owed Holly big-time for being a second mother to her. But this wasn't about owing anybody anything, this is about being either considerate or completely selfish.

The other girl could have got damage that one million dollars wouldn't fix. Look at all the money people spend on post traumatic stress disorders and never fully recover.
    PTSD from rain??? Assuming you passed your psych evaluation to go onto Survivor (and BARELY enough brains to become a nursing student), rain will not get you PTSD! Being in a war or being rubbed against by Richard Hatch could get you PTSD!

Not eating properly can ruin your endocrine system for years or forever.
    The doctor at the end said that they weren't close to having anything medically wrong with them.

Two people not taking themselves or the show too seriously was actually refreshing.
    That was not refreshing. Could you imagine if complainers just left the show whenever the going got tough? That's nauseating, not refreshing, especially considering how many people could apply for the show, make much more interesting TV than Kelly, and not quit.

A million dollars after taxes and fees is less than $500,000. Good health is worth more.
    The money is just a bonus, but there's not many people who go solely for the money. If there's people who are concerned just about money, they need to re-arrange their priorities. Hell, TAR-Asia blatantly reduced the prize money to 100K b/c they're right, it's not about the money, it's about the experience.

Their votes shouldn't count. And my disappointment that Alina got voted out too early has somehow managed to skyrocket even further.

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;4118328;
    Obviously, I would not like to be subjected to Survivor like conditions, but both Costa Rica and Panama are very beautiful countries, even in the rainy season. I imagine that from the deck of a cruise ship, you don't really get a good feel for any country.
    For the sake of keeping it short, I did not say that I did go out & explore the countryside, I did not make my judgement from the balcony of a ship. That being said, I did a very interesting tour thru the countryside in Panama & the Canal. It was very interesting & as I stated beautiful. But, myself, I couldn't imagine being out in the rain forest w/o clothing, shelter & the nicieties of life. With the comforts, I was wet, cold & uncomfortable. I found the countries & it's people, beautiful, intriguing & fascinating.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4118476;
    This episode was so condescending and disgusting. Not everybody has it in themselves, willpower or drive, and things you think are important for you are not as important for others. It was just a show of egos and "we're better than you" for having more drive. Ever spend a lot of effort on something and then realized the reward wasn't worth the time or actually attainable? They are cutting their losses. And all these people are quite deluded... you ain't all gonna get that million dollars, stop with the artificial confidence. They were gonna go soon anyways, they just took the chance away from the remaining players to seal the deal for them. They used the term quitters like some ugly mark, a stain. Yeah, it will look SOOOOOOOOO bad to quit a reality show, like nobody has ever done that before. A year or down down the road and everybody will have forget all of them anyways, quitting or not.
    Quitters do carry an ugly mark... because quitting is ugly. Quitting is not a great quality and never will be. And don't forget, Naonka wasn't cutting her losses because she believed she was going to win.

And I love Naonka's reasoning for taking the reward still. You know it is the smartest thing to do, but not smart at all in public opinion. She helped her team win that challenge! Even if she is gonna quit, why should she give up her reward that she put the effort into? Everybody else who enjoyed that reward has HER to thank. She could have just laid down and given yellow the win.
    In a matter of hours, she was eating hotdogs anyway. What one calls smart another calls selfish. There was a RIGHT thing to do in this situation, and naturally Naonka did not do it.

I was thinking the same thing as everybody else here too: If anything, it should be DAN giving the reward up. He didn't even do a thing, he just sat on the sidelines and got lucky! He is the ultimate floater, a true nobody. Why isn't he gone yet?
    Hey, yeah! Dan has NEVER stolen anyone's socks, NEVER pushed over a one legged person and NEVER hidden and eaten other people's food. And even though he has been in extreme pain and considered quitting he hasn't QUIT either! All he's done is make people laugh and enjoy his company. Yeesh, what a loser. If only he could be more of a selfish thief, or a quitter like Naonka.
    Dan would have been my pick to give up the reward second... to Naonka.

The remaining players are all hypocrites too. They all want them to quit yet lament on it like it's a sin. That'd be like being angry that you WON the lottery. It makes no sense. It's also funny how they talk about not being able to have a free rides, yet they all planned on using Naonka as a freebie for the finals. Dan still exists, but now they need to make real decisions and bring along somebody else who may actually take a win from them. Boo hoo.

The fact that the torches are still gonna be lit to remind them that they quit is the final straw and just shows how self importance Survivor really thinks it is. This whole episode left a very bad taste in my mouth. Elitism.
    It is wrong to quit. Sure, it's fine for them to know they are two steps closer to a million bucks but it's completely fine for them to be disgusted as well. Like 99.9 percent of the population is. If you sign up, play... otherwise, don't sign up. It's as simple as that.

None of the behavior that Naonka has exhibitted should be excused or condoned. She is selfish & lacks any human decency. She gave the ammunition for the edit she received. If she really is a teacher, I'd be transferring my child immediately. With her mindset, she should not be allowed any interaction with children. She would be planting a spoiled seed that would continue the rascism that the country has long fought to overcome.

Naonka & Purple Kelly should of been taken directly to the airport & sent home. No Ponderosa, no vote & no reunion show. Also, no monetary compensation. They took away another playerss opportunity to play the game. I believe that the producer dropped the ball when they cast these two.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4118637;
    None of the behavior that Naonka has exhibitted should be excused or condoned. She is selfish & lacks any human decency. She gave the ammunition for the edit she received. If she really is a teacher, I'd be transferring my child immediately. With her mindset, she should not be allowed any interaction with children. She would be planting a spoiled seed that would continue the rascism that the country has long fought to overcome.

Naonka & Purple Kelly should of been taken directly to the airport & sent home. No Ponderosa, no vote & no reunion show. Also, no monetary compensation. They took away another playerss opportunity to play the game. I believe that the producer dropped the ball when they cast these two.
    I think that Purple Kelly, under different circumstances, might have played a better game, but she never really got into a decent alliance and was pretty much not a "popular" kid with the younger contestants with whom she was initially matched as a team mate. I think that helped contribute to her giving up. I'm not sure how Naonka got past the original rounds of casting, but I'm guessing they thought she'd bring drama. She certainly did, but not in the way I suspect they hoped.

I also agree that from what we saw on the show, she doesn't seem mature enough to be a teacher.

I do find it kind of interesting that it was two of the youngest contestants who quit. The younger team that just swept through the earlier competitions seems to have all but fallen apart after the merge, though the strength and compassion shown by some of the older crowd will likely come back to bite them, because I'm guessing no one really wants to take Jane or Holly to the finals with them, for fear of losing to them. They could both make pretty good cases for themselves with regard to why they should win.

Naonka has been one of the more memorable characters. Purple Kelly was badly cast, but then that left more time for us to throw popcorn at Naonka. Naonka isn't at a school. She worked as a PE instructor or coach at a Y.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4118652;
    Naonka has been one of the more memorable characters. Purple Kelly was badly cast, but then that left more time for us to throw popcorn at Naonka. Naonka isn't at a school. She worked as a PE instructor or coach at a Y.
    Oh, man. As a coach, I'd really hate knowing that I'd quit on a nationally televised competition show. What's she going to do if one of her players wants to quit because she/he thinks it's too hard or too much work? If she tells him/her to suck it up, the player could shoot back, "Why? You didn't." Likewise, it's going to be rather difficult for her to espouse the importance of teamwork or taking one for the team or following the rules when her kids have seen her do otherwise in a very public forum.

+ Reply to Thread