+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I sure hope that Marty, Brenda, and Alina get to move up at least the two spots in prize money. Quitters do not deserve to have any money paid to them. I think they should have put Marty and Brenda back in the game. The other seven should not benefit by two spots since they did nothing but luck out having the quitters leave.

I am so dissappointed that a boring useless individual like Kelly Purple got on this show when there is tons of people that would of gladly took her place. Naonka is not even worth any words, she is just despicable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4118325;
    Bring back Jill and Yve to take NaOnka and Kelly's places on the jury... not saying it would work, but it'd be kinda cool.
    I think that would be fine. At least those two went out fighting to stay in as opposed to giving up. I think if you quit the game, you ought to quit it altogether and not be allowed to continue to be a factor in it at all. This isn't a case of someone being forced out by circumstances beyond his/her control (injury or illness) or someone leaving due to a family issue (I can't remember her name, but the all-star who chose to leave because she had a bad feeling about her seriously ill mother and barely got home in time to say goodbye before she died). If someone left the game in that kind of situation and could come back to be on the jury, I'd be fine with it. But these two just plain quit. It's their right to do so, of course, but once they do so, they should be out of the game entirely.

. Just watching now...Nay is one disgusting person. While I could not stand Russell, I would take him over Nay any day. She has to be the most hated ever on Survivor.
    KAREN

When I was watching tonight and a lot of people were sitting there complaining about rain for a few hours I had a brilliant idea (which, ironically, was tied in to jane's comments at tribal)--I think it would be EXTREMELY interesting to see survivor actually recruit a group of individuals who were/are in bad situations (maybe in danger of losing their homes/jobs, homeless, etc...) to play this game. I know it sounds a bit crass in a way to say I want to watch these people fight it out but I bet they wouldnt sit around and complain about the freaking rain and a million bucks couldn't hurt. We might finally see some people who really want to play the game (not just egomaniacs like marty) and know how to survive on a little without whinning 18 hours a day. Im just tired of seeing them recruit quitters--is it really that hard to find decent contestants?

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4118410;
    . Just watching now...Nay is one disgusting person. While I could not stand Russell, I would take him over Nay any day. She has to be the most hated ever on Survivor.
    I think there is a difference between the two:

1. Russell - we love to hate, like we did Jerri for a time (and in return cheered and loved her in the most recent All-Stars because she redeemed herself). He also knows that we like to hate him, so he plays the role full tilt and enjoys himself. That does NOT mean I condone any of his actions such as burning socks or dumping out water that lead to issues, but still - we love to hate him because he makes it fun.

And - no matter how many times he had his back to the wall - He NEVER gave up. He found so many HII's that it looked like he could've sowed seeds to produce a forest of Immunity Idols.

2. NaOnka - mean spirited to be mean-spirited. Probably played this way thinking that she could pull a Vee and win the game or at least be like Russell and get to the final two, get that $100,000 at least and come away with a nice chunk of change. I think she didn't expect it was going to be hot, humid, rainy, and the like - or not a trip in the park like she thought it'd be. So, she let the rain get her down and quit.

Back to the wall here? - she jut quits, and is happy about it like Osten. She's happy she ruined three people's chances at the million, let alone the non-jury members and (as there were two quitters) TWO people in the US who could've filled those spots and would've loved to have been there.

They wouldn't take me probably because of my asthma, but if I were selected, I'd stand in a hurricane if I had to to make it far in the game. I wouldn't quit due to a little rain - I've been soaked, nearly fried (sunburn and elsewise), covered in snow, had lots of things on me (cement, manure, mud, and the usual stuff), and this is nothing.

I totally get why Jeff was pissed off here - there really was no reason for either to quit, and when both did and acted like it was no big deal, it made it worse.

(In this case only), too bad they still auction off Survivor items to help charities - I think Jeff would've burned them or broken them in half. While I'm sure Burnett told him no, I would hope that he seriously considered letting Jeff do it this one time. (I say in this case only because I don't think the others who have given it their all should be penalized and not help out charities because of the actions of two people).

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4118283;
    As much as I hate Nay Jeff told her to think it out. Same with Purple Kelly. They both have no chance to win. Thing is, Dan disgusts me more. He does nothing, ever, and gets a pass each time. HE should have sat out and done SOMETHING worthwhile just once on that island.
    I'm going to have to agree here. Dan's just there, doing nothing, and he gets off easy every time. He has to be the single most worthless Survivor of all time. Hell, he's probably an even better person to take to the finals than even NaOnka was because, well, that'd be like sitting next to a mummy, or a rock, or nothing at all.

Jeff sure hates quitters, huh? I don't think any host gets so pissed at anyone quitting, but then again, Jeff thinks he owns the stupid game, so whatever. Now that I think about it, the only people I'd say had true legitimate reasons for quitting that should not be held against them were Jenna, because of her mom's condition, and Janu, who was literally wasting away and I'm surprised she managed to hold on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4118421;
    I'm going to have to agree here. Dan's just there, doing nothing, and he gets off easy every time. He has to be the single most worthless Survivor of all time. Hell, he's probably an even better person to take to the finals than even NaOnka was because, well, that'd be like sitting next to a mummy, or a rock, or nothing at all.

Jeff sure hates quitters, huh? I don't think any host gets so pissed at anyone quitting, but then again, Jeff thinks he owns the stupid game, so whatever. Now that I think about it, the only people I'd say had true legitimate reasons for quitting that should not be held against them were Jenna, because of her mom's condition, and Janu, who was literally wasting away and I'm surprised she managed to hold on for so long.
    I agree with this post. NaOnka is just ignorant trash. But Dan.... WHAT is his excuse for being truly carried through this game?! He should have at least spoken up and begged Jeff to let him do the tarp and rice thing-- at least make an attempt to show he cared. You never know, Jeff might have let him do it over Holly. Watching him sit in that big rocker swinging his legs like a little child made me feel sick. I really don't care for him.

NaOnka took Brenda out and she deserves credit for that.

She also donated her idol when she could have taken it with her.

We didn't walk a mile in her shoes with her joint pain so I doubt we can really judge her.

She didn't owe of the tribe anything so she didn't need to sacrifice dinner and a movie.

NaOnka knew she wouldn't win so she got out at the right time.

The other girl could have got damage that one million dollars wouldn't fix. Look at all the money people spend on post traumatic stress disorders and never fully recover.

Not eating properly can ruin your endocrine system for years or forever.

Two people not taking themselves or the show too seriously was actually refreshing.

A million dollars after taxes and fees is less than $500,000. Good health is worth more.

I'm just glad Naonka and Brenda are gone! *Big Smile*
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Newbie

I could not disagree with most of the sentiments on here more. Firstly, if Naonka and Kelly want to quit, let them quit. [mod edit]

I also notice Probst continually denigrating them both, calling them quitters and asking them sarcastically what he should do with their torches. If their bodies have given up, who is he to pressure them (a bit is fine, but he was over the top - and with Jane talking about how bad the economy was back home... what has that got to do with it)?

I've already been told to listen to my body. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm tired, I sleep. If these people's bodies couldn't take it any more, what could they do? I know the others have stuck it out, but we're all different. These guys are probably quitters, but why is it human nature to criticise quitters? [mod edit]

And how bad was that advertisement for Gullivers Travels? The most contrived attempt to promote a movie I've ever seen. You get a group of people who haven't eaten and slept properly for a month, feed them loads of sugar and then tape them in deck chairs laughing giddily at someone. And it didn't stop there, Probst asked them in the Tribal Council, "what did you think of the movie". If someone had said, "it was as boring as bat poo", did they edit it out or can I take their responses as genuine.

I'm disillusioned.
    Last edited by Mariner; 12-02-2010 at 10:14 AM.

FORT Fogey

I was surprised to see Jeff snuff their tourches. And even asking them what they wanted made no sense. Why not just tell them to leave and snuff them after TC was over?

+ Reply to Thread