+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4118289;
    I've been to Panama & Costa Rica on cruise ship & I can say that it was miserable & I was in a very comfortable situation. I can see this to be very miserable. I was cold & damp & couldn't wait until we sailed out of those areas. Beautiful but a few hours I had enough in Costa Rica.
    Obviously, I would not like to be subjected to Survivor like conditions, but both Costa Rica and Panama are very beautiful countries, even in the rainy season. I imagine that from the deck of a cruise ship, you don't really get a good feel for any country.

NaOnka is a perfect example of the dangers of raising a post-modern child. At least as she's portrayed on this show, she is stuffed full of self-esteem, and nothing but. She appears to have no sense of loyalty or of responsibility to anyone but herself. At age - what? 24? she believes that she is already who she ought to be, and has allowed no room in her life for growth or change - because she cannot imagine needing to grow or change. She is already perfectly herself, has set her stakes in the ground, and has no reason to move them. In fact, if she is as she is portrayed in the show, she has made them all but impossible to move. I weep for her. And I pray that, at the end of the day, she is not who she showed herself to be on this show.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sskd1;4118328;
    Obviously, I would not like to be subjected to Survivor like conditions, but both Costa Rica and Panama are very beautiful countries, even in the rainy season. I imagine that from the deck of a cruise ship, you don't really get a good feel for any country.
    I don't think the beauty was in question, more the climate conditions. And those can be experienced even from the deck of a cruise ship or on a quick trip into town. If it is hot and sticky or cold and rainy you can get a feel for that very quickly. Law638 even said it was "beautiful" (to loolk at).

I have never seen Probst show such contempt for any contestant as he did tonight for Nayonka. And I have never seen any contestant so delusional about herself and how others see her!
    For those 2 quitters to get on the jury, they should let 2 jury members back in the game. That way the game wont be so over turned by 2 leaving at once.

So I've had time to breathe and now can post. lol.

I agree that they shouldn't be part of the jury. You quit, go home. They don't even deserve to be at Ponderosa. They took two people who wanted to be there chances away. I never cared much for Brenda, but she wanted to be there. I loved Marty tho and am gutted that he now has to sit in the jury beside two quitters. I don't see the issue with letting the jury only be 5 people. Whoever gets the most votes wins regardless if it's 1, 2, or 100 jurors.

Do any of you think that Naonka's strategy was to be a total b*tch? That way she would be dragged to F2 and then her final argument would be that that was her strategy to get to the end and it worked so she deserved the million dollars. I kinda thought that the last few episodes, but it got killed tonight in her good bye interview.
    She had nothing to gain there and she was still like "I don't have anything to apologize for."

I really can't stand her. Fabio FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4118294;
    We must have missed a lot of TC. It went from totally delusional of-course-I-could-still-win-this-game-Naonka (to Jeff's bewilderment) to I...Quit...!! Huh??? Why was Alina crying at the end.
    I have this weird feeling Jeff either said this and it was edited out or thought "NaOnka, be real here - Russell Hantz has a better chance of winning this. You're easy money to compete against in final TC, and if Purple Kelly also managed to stay the seven WORTHY winners would take both of you so they can become a millionnaire."

Watching tonight, I felt horrible for the three voted out - no matter what you feel about them (I wasn't fond of Brenda and I got back into this show a couple of weeks ago due to work conflicts), they lost out to two QUITTERS.

Then the nerve of both to dare say they should just have their torches snuffed and head out? While I know all quitters on this show have had this done since Osten have had the torches out, I wish that CBS would say screw the money and break their torches. (Then again, I don't see why they don't do that - I think they'd get some more money in those auctions if they did that IMHO.)

Simply put - NaOnka's going to the reward challenge was disgusting when you knew she was going to quit - you could so tell it in her speech then.

That said, Holly was awesome here - even if it is a bit gameplay, she had her priorities straight in that a little bit of happiness getting to eat nachos and the like and watch a movie pales long term to the tribe's happiness getting the rice and tarp. It's still essentially tribal until the final two-three because there's still voting out people, and you want the same people you fed to come around and vote you the winner.

Right now, if an older woman wins this season, it will hopefully be Holly or Jane. I have never seen women of their ages rule like this. Even Tina didn't play on all levels like this. Jane's won two endurance competitions, and then Holly did this - a good strategy but given that she showed willpower to ignore people telling her that she was going to go on the RC but she said no says a lot about her mentally. I really think Johnson's speech impacted her strongly. (Again - I'm going by what she said, as I didn't get to see Johnson really get to compete.)

Don't know why Jane had the necklace on - were they going to have an II challenge if neither NaOnka nor Kelly quit? I guess if they were it was mental, but it was odd given that Jeff did say that this tribal council was to determine if either were going to stay or chicken out.

Seriously - this has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in this show - quitting. Holly is right, you want to be voted out in the show instead because people will respect you more for it. I think even Janu let herself be voted out, throwing a spanner in the works so to speak.

If I were Burnett, I wouldn't have let either of these two:

1. Be in the jury (He sort of has precedent watching how Groener didn't let Chima vote after being eliminated after jury began in "Big Brother." I see a removal from the game the same as quitting).

2. Moved the other three who are in the jury up a level in the pay,

3. Take away both's prize money,

4. Broken their torches and still put them in the tribal council - though I hope that they'll lay the torches down at the least in front of the jury.

5. Get ridiculed throughout the reunion special - and booed louder than Russell ever got.

You know what - IMHO Russell may be ugly, vile and whatnot, but he never quit, overcame adversary, and damn near won at least one of the seasons he competed in. Seriously, I have more respect for him and even to a point Johnny Fairplay than I do these two.

Seriously... I think this is nearly the mistake to overcome Eric's removing the II off his neck and getting voted out blunder. It's that bad.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 12-01-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4118309;
    Well, I think Naonka has just been voted most hated player/quitter ever.
    I'm starting to think so - yeah, Osten did similar behavior, but he did it all to himself. I don't recall him doing - at least much - negative stuff to the tribe as NaOnka has, such as stealing food and supplies for petty reasons.

Mind you, I don't hold his quitting in any high esteem (I've only felt Jenna's and Sue's reasons for quitting reasonable - former getting a [correct] feeling her mom was about to pass from cancer and Sue realizing what Rich did to her and felt violated.), but still at least his quitting was for himself and didn't impact the players remaining in the game any long term.

Here, NaOnka and yes Kelly's quitting the game affected at least two jury players who would play in the snow (loved that quote whomever said that) with two broken legs, and seven more because they must still try and curry favor to the two because they're jurors and are rightfully disgusted with both's decisions. Yes, I really think all are disgusted with the duo's quitting even if it did automatically give them two free passes in the game.

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4118266;
    NaOnka is a piece of crap!
    Yup. Just that. Stupid trash.

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4118306;
    Is anyone else a little irritated that Kelly and Naonka still get to sit on the jury? ...
    Oh, one other thing--did Naonka say she was the last African-American left in the game? I thought Sash was African-American too. Wasn't the early alliance involving Sash/Brenda/Naonka based on them all being the minority players?
    Great points. The quitters should no longer have the right to affect the game in any way. They didn't earn the right to vote. I quit listening to anything that ghetto troll said weeks ago. She's delusional. Need to find out what school district that idiot teaches in....

The definitely don't belong on the Jury. So the jury only has 5 people- so what? I guess it makes for better TV to have 7 people read their canned speeches at the Final TC instead of 5. It would be funny if they let Naonka and Kelly go thru all the final TC motions and vote for the winner and then when Jeff went to 'tally the votes' announced that.."oh by the way...votes from Naonka and Kelly will not count." I figure if you quit the game, then you quit the whole game!

I think Jeff should have just had them throw their torches in the fire to burn.

+ Reply to Thread