+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4108633;
    I think that's an interesting idea.
    Thanks, sweetpea. By the way, love your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4108643;
    Thanks, sweetpea. By the way, love your avatar!
    Yeah, I think we're on the same wavelength.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4108413;
    This was the first really great episode of the season! There was so much that I enjoyed. Jeff's full-on snark mode during the RC was hilarious. Jane's display of strength and grit in the IC was very impressive (even though I still find her pretty creepy).

I love that Holly went from being on the verge of quitting early in the game to strategizing and orchestrating the destruction of the Kingdom of Brenda. That was awesome. Alina could barely contain her delight. I can't wait to see the video of Brenda arriving at the Ponderosa.

As far as Brenda not "scrambling" to stay in the game, I think she just really did not believe for one second that people would have the audacity to ever vote her off. She was really that impressed with herself. And she was sure Sash would give her the idol if it looked like she really was in trouble. Her strategy for trying to keep herself in the game by talking only to Chase and Sash made no sense at all. She needed to work the fringe players of her alliance. If she had included Purple Kelly (which would have been very simple), and had some serious discussion to sway NaOnka and one other person back into the fold, her alliance would have held. NaOnka tries to talk a strong game, but I think she is really pretty weak.

The final burning question (pun unintended) of the night is: how is it possible that NO ONE thought that surrounding the fire with wooden chests, and then placing more wood directly over the fire across the tops of those chests, was a bad idea? Geniuses. Unbelievable!
    Thank you for giving Holly her due! She took a huge risk, really, and got the ball rolling. As much as Nay would like to take credit, she just jumped in when Holly suggested it. It was really a bad idea for Nay to switch. I can understand her pride being hurt a little when Brenda said during the last tribal that she'd rather take Nay than Jane, because she can beat her, but at least Brenda and Sash weren't trying to get rid of her. With Brenda and Sash, she was locked in. Now she's just a loose cannon no one likes and everyone will try to get rid of. One of the dumbest moves in Survivor history I think.

FORT Newbie

One of the better episodes for sure. At one point I was thinking - NAY don't start making me like you now after all that. Good to see in the previews for next week she's back to her oldself or so they make it seem.

It was great when Brenda looked back at Sash with thinking the idol was coming her way....Awesome.

Also seriously I forgot that Kelly purple was still on. How is it possible that so many people are flying below the radar?
    Last edited by yoelmo21; 11-18-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4108479;
    [B]Each season I find it interesting that the muscular men have trouble in challenges that require strength. Big muscles do not necessarily mean stronger. It means you look good though.

Fabio for the win!!! This was a great episode!
    It takes a lot of food and water to maintain those muscles and that kind of strength and they aren't eating enough for that. Everytime I go to my evening exercise class and I haven't eaten dinner or drunk enough water that day my legs and arms actually shake when I'm trying to do push ups or lunges or whatever. I can't imagine trying to hang onto a rope after not eating a proper amount of food and drunk enough water- I'd be the first one to fall in the drink!

Seems that the trend for tribal ATM is a delayed reaction to getting out ones calling the shots. Happened to Alina (even if they were all delusional), then Marty, and now Brenda. My guess is that whoever is the new king on the hill will meet a quick death. There are so many stragglers (Dan, Purple Kelly, Fabio) and they are going to cut people out before they are too big to fall. Best bet would be to run the show but have somebody else take face time (and elimination) for it. So far I see Holly working this angle. NaOnka is the perfect diversion and the ultimate one to get involved in any scandal. All the controversy seems to magnetically be drawn to her while the ones really in charge can exit stage left.

Jane is getting too powerful. She should have fallen. If they are smart she would be the next to go. She has already won 2 endurance competitions and is liked by everybody.

And I loved Purple Kelly's blonde moment and Jeff's "20 years of wisdom" remark. There's a reason why she never gets air time... even Fabio is smarter! I thought she was literally gonna go speechless. She is very much not in the inner circle.

Does NaOnka get physical with somebody? That's all I can think happens.
    Last edited by Endit; 11-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.

I also liked how Kelly was told that she doesn't talk much during the reward. I think that was a subliminal message from the editors.

Way to go Holly! A few weeks ago, I jumped ship from the Marty and Brenda bandwagons and picked Holly as my favorite. Now they're both gone one after the other, while Holly becomes the new power player. I love it. I hope she wins now!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4109031;
    It takes a lot of food and water to maintain those muscles and that kind of strength and they aren't eating enough for that. Everytime I go to my evening exercise class and I haven't eaten dinner or drunk enough water that day my legs and arms actually shake when I'm trying to do push ups or lunges or whatever. I can't imagine trying to hang onto a rope after not eating a proper amount of food and drunk enough water- I'd be the first one to fall in the drink!
    I don't know how much time elapsed between the reward feast and the immunity challenge, but maybe that helped Jane out a bit. Plus she hardly weighs anything now....just stringy muscle. I also was pleased at her wiping the floor with those guys, even though I agree, she's letting her strength become too obvious.

Brenda had an epic fail. She went from we're the king and queen to OMG to I'm not that impressed with their plan to I don't scramble to I'm shocked and left too soon.

Her only move was to look with sweet eyes at Sash, hoping for an idol!? Isn't this the same chick who laughed at Marty for giving away his idol?

Naonka was part of an epic alliance meltdown. They had two immunity idols between the three of them and then the wheels came off!

This episode was so good because of the editing. But I've had a problem this season with the way the editors have played up ethnic stereotypes.
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 11-19-2010 at 03:43 AM.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I wish they would show them pick teams for some of these reward challenges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast