+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4103189;
    Eh, maybe I'm alone in this but if someone had tried to target me publicly at tribal council I'd be pretty pissed off too. Especially, when he added in the condescending "Miss Jane" stuff and talked about how sad my story was.
    He's no saint, that's for sure. But it seemed like her intense hatred of him started long before he targeted her at TC. That just sealed the deal in her mind. I realize that being immersed in the game is an intense experience, but I don't really believe that this lady, in real life, would develop such an intense hatred for someone that she didn't get on with, or who was condescending towards her. It just seems off and way OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4103526;
    He's no saint, that's for sure. But it seemed like her intense hatred of him started long before he targeted her at TC. That just sealed the deal in her mind. I realize that being immersed in the game is an intense experience, but I don't really believe that this lady, in real life, would develop such an intense hatred for someone that she didn't get on with, or who was condescending towards her. It just seems off and way OTT.
    Marty and Jill basically called her a traitor for joining with the young'uns. I'd be pretty ticked if someone doesn't let me on their team until they really need me and then call me a traitor for not joining up with them. They treated her like crap.

I think she's gone too far but I definitely understand her feelings.

I think that somewhere on the edit room's floor is a lot of footage of Marty mocking Jane. The man talked too much not to say to others (if not her) what he thought of her. His line when he voted at TC was downright nasty. I said to my family, "Well, that wasn't racist or sexist. What do you call it? Region-ist?" He really mocked her and it was totally uncalled for.

Jeff's comment at the IC about Marty and Brenda not getting along was interesting too. Marty said "not true" and Jeff laughed and replied something about calling 'em like he sees 'em. I don't recall ever seeing footage of Marty and Brenda going at it at a challenge or TC where Jeff would see it. That must be on the edit room floor too.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;4103547;
    Marty and Jill basically called her a traitor for joining with the young'uns. I'd be pretty ticked if someone doesn't let me on their team until they really need me and then call me a traitor for not joining up with them. They treated her like crap.

I think she's gone too far but I definitely understand her feelings.
    I get this, but at the same time I'm watching it and saying "remember, people, it's really, truly, just a game!!" It's not like these people are going to impact your life after the show ends. So he called her a traitor? So what?! So they ignored her until they needed her. Welcome to Survivor!!

I just think it would be classier and far more advantageous to bite your tongue sometimes and try not to burn too many bridges as you go. Developing a feud the likes of the Hatfields and the McCoys? Not so smart, in my mind.

Very much in agreement with most of the posters here. I can understand Jane not liking Marty for lots of reasons but I had a problem with her saying he was evil, and the part about his kids, etc. I remember talking to the TV while she said that, telling her being sneaky, conniving, unkind, etc on Survivor does not make you evil. (yes, I talk back to the tv )
    I didn't like Marty either but from what we saw, he wasn't evil. I also think what he said at tribal council last week about Jane was exactly right and some of the other survivors may be dumb enough not to realize what a ringer Jane could be in the end.

Brenda drives me nuts. She's so full of herself and her importance. It also shows up when I was digging deeper into the contestants background. If only dumb Chase, who's still crushing on her, could hear what she had to say about him. But I wouldn't be surprised if she used him if she needs to. I think we've all met women like her in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek;4103234;
    I couldnt agree more. Ive been scratching my head as to why the tribe thinks shes such an inspiring person.
    I thought at first, it must be the edit, but, some of her comments are just over the top bitter, and for no real reason.
    PipSqueek, your avatar got me!! I actually went to brush off the "bug" on my monitor!!!

Reading reviews of this episode (I had to work and missed it), Na'Onka scarily does have a valid point with what she said in tribal council. She's doing the Richard Hatch approach saying that she'll end up being in the final tribal council, and I think that they'll do it given most will probably vote for anyone but her.

For as ugly as she's been to people all season, the gal does have some guts to say that.

Na'Onka does have game. She knows she's a volatile person and can't control that (unfortunately), but she integrates it into her game and uses it to her advantage. Na'Onka has also found herself in a tight and loyal alliance. I don't think anyone can deny she has game. She's a scrapper; look at how she got on Alina's good side before sending her off. SHE STOLE FOOD for cying outloud and still has yet to receive a vote at tribal since the merge. She has game and I give her credit for that, despite what some may think about what kind of person she is.

yeah, i thought that was pretty over the top too. she wouldn't let her grandkids play with his kids???? that's pretty negative towards some innocent children.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4103090;
    Jane's vitriol at the end, where she calls Marty a poor excuse for a father and said she wouldn't let her children or grandchildren play with his kids...was all kinds of bizarre and over-the-top for me. Lady, you two don't get along. There are worst things in the world, believe me. As much as you don't like him, he's not evil incarnate and by the way, his saying you would get to the end and get the votes, and that you're a real threat, isn't exactly "slander" since it's, well, probably true. I wanted to like you, Jane, but you're losing me with your crazy eyes and your in-you-face feud with Marty.

me too!!!!! was ready to call the office of the building and tell them we have bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4103651;
    PipSqueek, your avatar got me!! I actually went to brush off the "bug" on my monitor!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast