+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4102918;
    I wasn't disappointed. I was amused listening to Nay make no sense at all and everyone's laughter. The preview would have been better to just show clips of laughing, though. Claiming she was a humanitarian was hysterical.
    I'm floored that this woman is permitted to be an educator. I wouldn't want her anywhere near my children..lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

She's not an educator, she's a personal trainer at a Y.

I'm glad Marty and his big mouth are gone. Nayonka has the idol and an alliance with Sash and Brenda so I don't think she's being going anywhere for awhile. But...it would be a great thing in my book if she was voted off next week.
    I wonder what everyone was looking at that got them so upset when they showed the previews for next week?

I don't understand the Marty hatred from Jane. Sure he's a bit cocky, but he's a great game strategist and he's one of the best athletes out there and he's one of the older ones. She's just pissed because he didn't choose her to be in his alliance. Then again that's the chance you take (making enemies) when you make obvious lines in the sand between tribe members as Marty did in his tribe. He's going after her due to game play and she's just being mean and personal.

For Sash and Brenda, getting rid of Marty isn't htat bad of an idea. He's smart and if he thinks he's got a chance at getting further he would turn on them and rally a new crew to get them out. The rest of the tribe wanted him out, and most of them can easily be manipulated down the line. Plus Marty is a threat to win challenges and Jane proved she's not as strng as he thinks in that last challenge.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4102918;
    I wasn't disappointed. I was amused listening to Nay make no sense at all and everyone's laughter. The preview would have been better to just show clips of laughing, though. Claiming she was a humanitarian was hysterical.
    I was watching for this line, having read the FORT board before the show aired here. What's really funny was the context in which she used the word. She said, "I'm a humanitarian - I'm human" as though they meant the same thing.

Yep, a great example of our educational system - glad she's teaching PE and not English.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jane's vitriol at the end, where she calls Marty a poor excuse for a father and said she wouldn't let her children or grandchildren play with his kids...was all kinds of bizarre and over-the-top for me. Lady, you two don't get along. There are worst things in the world, believe me. As much as you don't like him, he's not evil incarnate and by the way, his saying you would get to the end and get the votes, and that you're a real threat, isn't exactly "slander" since it's, well, probably true. I wanted to like you, Jane, but you're losing me with your crazy eyes and your in-you-face feud with Marty.

Marty, sorry to see you go but you didn't know when to shut up, buddy. You played too hard, and just FYI, when people don't do what you want them to do, it's not "poor gamesmanship" it's just different. Remember, they are trying to win as well.

The less said about our resident "humanitarian" the better.

Benry just disgusts me. Chase is more than stupid. Brenda/Sash are smug and unlikeable. I still don't have a clue who Kelly Purple is. Dan should have been gone ages ago, he's a non-entity. And Holly is flat. So...

Fabio for the win!!!

YAY! Arrogant-ass Marty goes home. I don't have to see anymore of his "strategizing" that no one is actually following, or his eye popping or eyerolling faces at TC. Actually, I think it's about time for "and everyone else" to turn on Brenda and Sash who really aren't doing a whole lot and yet are maintaining control. I actually like Jane except for the harping about Marty, so hope she will go back to the way she was before she started being so P-o'ed at him.
    I do understand why she doesn't like him though. From day one he disregarded her for no particular reason other than that he thought she was weak, has belittled her when talking to other players and at TC, and just assumed she would do whatever he and Jill told her to when they told her to do it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Here is the thing about Jane. Marty said that she had the saddest life story that he had ever heard. Yet all I know about her is that Jane's husband died and she is needing the money. So, she is a poor widow, right? Rather than give her a sympathic edit the producers are making her look bitter and crazy.

The point that I am trying to make is that HOW Jane is being edited is important, because that is all we know about Jane. Is she really that bitter and crazy, or is she just being edited that way? It certainly appears that she is bitter, but I don't know enough about her past to know whether that is part of her real personality or just the way she is being edited. However, it does seem like the members of her tribe are starting to look at her differently ..... Brenda even mentioned getting rid of her last night but then in the end went after Marty.

And did you notice the AH HA moment on Marty's face when NaOnka did not play the HII? He knew right then that he was probably going home.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 11-11-2010 at 11:25 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4102731;
    Or one of those monkeys we always see popped in and destroyed the camp or raided their food stash.
    Jimmy J's monkey pals finally take revenge...

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornFan
    The point that I am trying to make is that HOW Jane is being edited is important, because that is all we know about Jane. Is she really that bitter and crazy, or is she just being edited that way? It certainly appears that she is bitter, but I don't know enough about her past to know whether that is part of her real personality or just the way she is being edited. However, it does seem like the members of her tribe are starting to look at her differently ..... Brenda even mentioned getting rid of her last night but then in the end went after Marty.
    I still say you can't edit IN bad stuff. What she said about not letting her kids or grandkids play with Marty's kids is RIDICULOUS. Any mature adult knows that whatever you feel for someone you don't let affect your kids or their relationships with friends. It's a bitter, idiotic thing to say.

I agree with those who know Brenda is running this show. Sash's obediance to her underlines that... but what I found most interesting was the interaction with Chase. NaOnka tells Chase to not "irk Brenda" like he's dealing with the queen here and he should behave a certain way in her royal presence. He's all freaked out that Queen Brenda and he are not in a good relationship anymore and fumbles all over the place in front of her. It's like Brenda is all-powerful and everyone is just clawing all over each other to please her. It wouldn't be so bad to watch this if Brenda didn't view herself in such a manner. But she's sitting on her throne and pointing fingers:
    "Marty... off with his head!" (finally a good move on her part)

Unless the peasants revolt, this is going to be really boring.

As for NaOnka at tribal, the best thing about her idiocy is Jud's reaction to it all. Everytime he slaps his head and cries "This... is.... CRAAAZY!" I howl.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4103090;
    Jane's vitriol at the end, where she calls Marty a poor excuse for a father and said she wouldn't let her children or grandchildren play with his kids...was all kinds of bizarre and over-the-top for me. Lady, you two don't get along. There are worst things in the world, believe me. As much as you don't like him, he's not evil incarnate and by the way, his saying you would get to the end and get the votes, and that you're a real threat, isn't exactly "slander" since it's, well, probably true. I wanted to like you, Jane, but you're losing me with your crazy eyes and your in-you-face feud with Marty.
    Thank you! I just think she is way over the top and too much of a bitter pill to like. I'm sure Jane wouldn't have wanted to align with Marty on Espada even if he did approach her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast