+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob's chat ~ transcript

Rob's chat ~ transcript

Rob’s Chat

Q: How much preparation did you do for the show, how much research on the game play did you do?
    R: you would not believe the amount of research I did before the show. I watched every episode from every season. I read strategy books, I worked out and also put on about fifteen pounds

Q: Was anyone really angry with you after watching the comments you made to the cameras?
    R: I’m sure more than a few survivors were upset with what I said. I hope they all know it was all in good fun.

(Got dropped here, might’ve missed a question)

Q: Did you watch the last survivor when Brian won? Do you feel as if you had the same type of strategy as he did?
    R: I feel as thought my strategy was a little different than Brian’s. Brian dominated the game for most of his 30 days and also dominated the challenges whereas I had to flip flop a lot more and really be on my toes for my entire stay of the game, but I do have tremendous respect for the game that Brian played.

Q: How far did you look ahead to make alliances? Did you think about things ahead of time? OR were they more spur of the moment?
    R: I was always trying to think ahead in the game. It’s hard to predict the twists and turns the Survivor game will take so I tried to keep a good relationship with everyone so that I would be able to change alliances when necessary.

Q: Playgirl, yes or not?
    R: That’s a big yes! Wait till they call and offer me about twenty-five cents.

Q: Would you have pulled a stung like “The Rally Speedo” if you were in jeopardy?
    R: I believe that wearing the Rally Speedo would have definitely been the final nail in my coffin.

Q: Were you able to discuss the game with other jury members before the final vote?
    R: No, at no point are the jury members allowed to discuss the game nor would I want to talk about the game before the final jury vote.

Q: Was there any sex in the Amazon?
    R: I wish there were sex in the Amazon! But I think all the girls were glad that there wasn’t … especially in my case!

Q: Was Heidi as big of a threat as she thinks she was? I mean, were the men really scared of her?
    R: I don’t know if we were really scared of Heidi but I did think of her as a threat in the game. She was a threat in physical and mental challenges and I Knew she would be popular with the jury.

Q: Do you think Heidi really has a very high IQ?
    R: For all I know, Heidi could be the smartest woman on the planet but the fact of the matter is that when she was talking to me I was never listening to a word she said. laughs I was kind of distracted.

Q: why did you vote for Jenna over matt? Do you really believe that she played a better game strategically or that she deserved to win (SHERS QUESTION)
    R: I do believe that Jenna played a strong strategic game. She knew what was going on in the game for every vote with the exception of Alex. She had her back up against the wall and won the two final challenges and she was the only on that was ever able to get me voted out of the game. As a player, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Q: If you could have been with any girl out there, who would it be?
    R: In the beginning of the game I definitely would have said Heidi but as the time went by and I got to meet Jenna, she definitely gave her a run for her money.

Q: What made you think of taking your 8-ball along for luxury item?
    R: I wanted to have a luxury item that could be enjoyed by the entire tribe and when all the men were together asking the magic 8 ball questions about the girls it was a fun thing to do to pass the time. When Jenna was voting in the final three I asked the Magic 8 ball if Jenna was going to vote me off, it said “You May Rely On It” and I knew my number was up.

Q: Who do you feel, out of all those who were sent to the Amazon, should have won, with the exception of the final two and yourself?
    R: Out of the remaining players I would have to say Deena would be my pick. She was a major threat and a tremendous player.

Q: Is matt’s “acting” claim true or should DC be worried?
    R: If matt’s acting claiming then the award for best actor in a dramatic television series needs to presented to Matthew Von Ertfelda at the Emmys. I don’t believe Matthew’s claim that he was “acting” because I think if that was the case we would have seen him talk about it in his confessionals. But Matthew is a great guy and a dear friend.

Q: Did you ever regret underestimating Matt early on in the game?
    R: I don’t think I ever underestimated Matt because Matt developed as a game player and I was always conscious of Matt’s capabilities in the game.

Q: Were you planning on voting off Alex before he told you he’d kick you off if it came to that?
    R: No I wasn’t planning on voting off Alex at that point. I was thinking in my head that when it got down to five, Alex and I would side with the other remaining player and vote off Jenna or Heidi. But it was just as much Alex telling me he wouldn’t vote the girls off that made me want to vote him off.

Q: Do you think voting off Christy earlier was a bad idea after you saw she voted for Jenna instead of you?
    R: The problem was I didn’t want to face the possibility of a tie at Tribal council. And because Christy is such a wild card she often made her decisions to vote at Tribal Council and as a strategic planner I couldn’t afford to take that risk. I’m very sorry that Christy had to go because she is a very nice girl.

Q: What do you think of Dave’s questions to Jenna & Matt…what political figure do you most emulate? Where did that come from?
    R: I actually thought it was an interesting question. I wasn’t thrilled with the answers Dave got for different reasons. I wonder if Colin Powell feels that he is a lot like Matthew.

Q: Rob Heidi and Jenna got naked for peanut butter and chocolate, did you ever consider doing the same thing for food?
    R: I honestly never made the connection between getting naked and getting food. In face, I often get what I want by threatening to get naked. It’s a little different with twigs n’ sticks.

Q: Are you still living in your parents’ basement?
    R: No, I actually have my own apartment.

Q: Was your girlfriend shocked at your scheming on TV or did you discourage her from watching the show?
    R: I tried to discourage her from watching the show. She was less than thrilled by a lot of my actions and comments. I tried to tell her that it’s only a TV show and pretend and then she reminds me that it’s a reality TV show…to which I have no defense.

Q: Do you think you could outlast Richard Hatch if you guys were on the same tribe?
    R: I don’t know if I could beat the master himself but I definitely would look to make an alliance with him but I would definitely have to keep it a secret from the rest of the tribe. No matter what anybody else says, Richard in my opinion is the greatest player to ever wear a Survivor buff.

Q: Were you ever afraid that by playing Matt you were taking your life in your own hands?
    R: I was often afraid for my life. When Matt kept his machete so sharp I began to question whether or not telling him all these lies was such a good idea. When I finally came clean to Matthew it not only put Matthew at ease but also made me feel a little more safe in the jungle.

Q: You seemed upset with Matt and Jenna when you said you wished there was an “option C None of the above”…why was that when they did nothing worse than you in the game?
    R: Well I wasn’t looking for an option “c” because I thought they did dishonest things in the game. However, I did feel as though there were some other worthy players in the game, not to take anything away from what Matt and Jenna did. I definitely don’t want to take anything away from them.

Q: Rob, who was the weakest Survivor in your opinion?
    R: Early on in the men’s team by far I was the weakest survivor physically. Later in game, Jenna and Heidi had wasted away to nothing and were definitely the weakest survivors physically. But this game has never been decided on physical strength and it’s often overrated in the game.

Q: Did you look when the girls stripped?
    R: If it took me jumping off the perch for the girls to strip I would have done it. But seriously I didn’t get a good look because turning my head one way or the other would’ve definitely cost me the challenge.

Q: What was the high point and low point during your time in the Amazon?
    R: There were two high points in the game for me. One was then I won the immunity challenge but the biggest thrill was when I got to see my mom. The lowest point in the game for me was when we returned to camp to see the shelter had burned down.

Q: How did you feel when both Matt and Jenna told the jury that you deserved to be in the final two more than either of them?
    R: I was very flattered when two of my competitors said I deserved to be in the final two more than them but I also wonder if both were trying to butter me up to get y vote. Either way I appreciated it.

Q: What were you thinking when you saw yourself drunk and in a speedo on national TV?
    R: I was thinking “Man, this may really open some doors for me. I hope that there might be a speedo sponsorship in the works”

Q: Are you this deceitful in life or was it just for the show?
    R: I PROMISE all of you out there that I am not dishonest in real life

Q: Who had the worst B.O out there in the Amazon?
    R: Far and away, Matthew smelled the worst but it didn’t make us stop liking him!

Q: What was the sneakiest thing you did in the Amazon?
    R: oh that is a tough one. I think that the downright sneakiest thing I tried to do was eat the cookies that Alex had brought back for Matt and Butch because all the other things I could chalk up to strategy, but that was just downright sneaky.

Q: Was it hard for you to come back and adjust to your every day life, seeing as you were so wrapped up in the game of survivor?
    R: Coming back and adjusting to real life hasn’t been that difficult for me. Playing survivor was extremely fun for me because I never forgot that it was only a game.

Q: You once said that Heidi and Jenna shared a brain. Did it surprise you that Jenna’s half-brain outwitted you?
    R: Well if Jenna and Heidi shared a brain maybe after Heidi got voted out Jenna got to use the whole brain including Heidi’s mastermind part. LOL Just kidding, I give Jenna all the credit in the world.

Q: Who was the toughest survivor to mess with mentally?
    R: The toughest survivor to mess with mentally was Alex. He is a great Survivor player and can talk his way out of just about any situation.

Q: Any plans for Hollywood?
    R: Just like in the game, I try not to make too many plans for beyond the foreseeable future but if Hollywood decides to call I may just have to answer.

Final Comment:
    I would like to thank all of the survivor fans,. I hope you all know that I love the show as much as anybody else out there and I had the time of my life playing the game and I can’t wait to watch Survivor 7 just like you guys.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Q: What were you thinking when you saw yourself drunk and in a speedo on national TV?
    R: I was thinking “Man, this may really open some doors for me. I hope that there might be a speedo sponsorship in the works”
    Classic Rob... just classic...

Thanks again Wyndemere!
    ~M o s a i K~

I would just like to add that I started transcribing Butch's chat but it is so boring I dont think it's worth transcribing any more...

Those of you who didnt make it...you didn't miss anything....

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Re: Rob's chat ~ transcript

Originally posted by Wyndemere
    Q: Were you able to discuss the game with other jury members before the final vote?
    R: No, at no point are the jury members allowed to discuss the game nor would I want to talk about the game before the final jury vote.
    I still don't see how that really happened. Rob certainly grew on me as the season progressed. His knowledge and play of the game probably won't be matched again, and his comedy had me falling out of my chair. Good chat too.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I love it, he's the best!!!!! I sure wish he had won.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Thanks, Wyndemere - sorry to hear that Butch is as boring as he was on the show.

I can only hope that the next Survivor has a contestant half as awesome as Rob.

Rob, if you are reading this - you were the star of the show, no question. Thanks for keeping us entertained through the final three. You rock!

Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

I liked Rob on the show...wish he had won.

but reading this I kept thinking....how can we tell he isn't lying?

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Re: Rob's chat ~ transcript

Originally posted by Wyndemere
    [B]Rob’s Chat

Gotta love that rob lol....

Btw That was my question! there were some ppl from the FoRT in the room I was in. Im SurvivorGalMellz
    The things you regret most in life are the risks you didn't take. -Matthew Von Ertfelda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast