+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/27 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/27 Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4093679;
    There would have been a revote if Marty decided to keep the idol, they would have given Marty 3 votes, Jill 2 votes and then Jane would have had 2 votes and it would have been the revote with the 2 of them.. and Jill leaving still. I think that was the plan off the bat.
    Right. I meant with Marty. If he had played the idol, there wouldn't be a revote between him and Jill. He would have been safe this week.

That's where he had me confused. He gave the idol to Sash to keep him safe 'this' week. Yet playing the idol would have accomplished the same thing. Now he's in danger next week and he doesn't have the idol. So he's in the same boat either way. I know he thinks Sash will give it back to him but I have my doubts.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

As dumb as this group is I'm sure Sash will give the idol back to Marty who in turn will probably give it to anyone else who ask for it.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4092753;
    Did anyone else notice that when Jeff asked Fabio if he knew who Freud was, Fabio dropped the "ditzy blond surfer dude" persona and sounded like some kind of graduate student in psychology? It seems that Mr. Fabio may not be just another pretty face!
    Yes, I also noticed this and found it to be very interesting. Makes you wonder. Read the article linked either in this thread or his thread (can't remember which) and he sounds pretty intelligent in the article as well. I think he may play the ditzy surfer dude very deliberately.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 10-29-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4093700;
    Right. I meant with Marty. If he had played the idol, there wouldn't be a revote between him and Jill. He would have been safe this week.

That's where he had me confused. He gave the idol to Sash to keep him safe 'this' week. Yet playing the idol would have accomplished the same thing. Now he's in danger next week and he doesn't have the idol. So he's in the same boat either way. I know he thinks Sash will give it back to him but I have my doubts.
    Maybe he actually gave the idol to Sash because then he still knows where the idol is. If he had played it, it would potentially have re-entered the game, but who would find it? Perhaps he figured, whether he gets it back or not, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.
    _(Moo!)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I just think there HAS to be more going on with Marty and Sash then they are showing us. Twice they had a shot at losing Marty and twice they kept him. It was also interesting how each time Marty was at risk, Sash gave him a knowing look at tribal. Sash approached Brenda and said, "I will talk to Marty and get him to give me the idol..." He wasn't asking anyone else to do it.
    And then, to top it off, Sash flubs at tribal, talking about losing his trust for his alliance. (Does that have something to do with a little Marty talking in his ear?"

I don't know... it's wishful thinking. (That these Survivors have more going on than they show). I also thought there was a lot more going on with Jill than they showed, and she's gone.

I really enjoyed it, in previous seasons, when contestants made fake HII's. Even if a fake HII isn't made well enough to pass close scrutiny, a player could use it by giving the others a quick look at it and then offering to throw it in the ocean as a "show of good faith", while actually keeping the real one.

I can see pros and cons for Marty telling his new tribemates about his HII, but I definitely think it was a mistake to put it out on display for the whole tribe to see.

FORT Fogey

Yes. It appears they purposely changed the editing style this season to hide more, for a more dramatic TC, perhaps. It makes no sense. Keeping the viewers in the dark does not promote more interest, only confusion. The biggest part of the enjoyment is to be privy to the strategy and see how it morphs along the way.

Personally, I am ready to do away with having the HII, so we can see more interaction among the tribe as opposed to getting clues, searching for the idol, talking about it, and so forth. It was ok for awhile, but for me it's time to get rid of it especially since so much of the hour is taken by ads anyway. Heck, they don't even have time for separate reward and immunity callenges half the time anymore!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree. I'm tired of the HII. I think they should do at least a couple of seasons without it.

FORT Fogey

Another aspect that is missing is their hunger. The reward challenges were fun to watch because they felt so deprived. There is some of that but much lower key. We don't even know if they are getting rice or any supplement above the fish they can catch. Where some shows need format changes to keep our interest, Survivor, needs to go back and pick up some basics of the original game in order to get our attention.

I used to hang on every word and shush talkers in the room so I could hear the scheming. Now I text during the show!

Maybe it has just run its course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast