Thread: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

why are all the threads closed?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbear;4088549;
    why are all the threads closed?
    they usually get re-opened when the west coast has seen the show. it's been a couple of hours, so not sure what the hold up is

FORT Fogey

This whole show seemed producer pushed to me. It looked like they said to Marty we will keep you, if you do not gang up on Brenda. It makes absolutely no sense that Marty did not go to the two older women, Fabio, and Kelly B and try and ouster Brenda or Stash, and it made even less sense that they oustered Kelly B instead of Marty and his idol. I cannot figure out anyway that was not helped along to keep those two for drama.

With so many potential jurors UNsympathetic to Kelly, she wasn't a threat at all. Who did they think would cast the sympathy votes? Perhaps homeviewers for a favorites but not the jury. Stupid, stupid.

Fabio is such a hoot. He's like the cross-eyed guy in Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Hard to second guess because he is hardwired so bizarely.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4088588;
    This whole show seemed producer pushed to me. It looked like they said to Marty we will keep you, if you do not gang up on Brenda. It makes absolutely no sense that Marty did not go to the two older women, Fabio, and Kelly B and try and ouster Brenda or Stash, and it made even less sense that they oustered Kelly B instead of Marty and his idol. I cannot figure out anyway that was not helped along to keep those two for drama.
    I'm not so sure that he didn't try to get Jane, but knew he didn't have her. He knew something last night, or had a very good idea. I think he knew the remaining votes beside Jill and him would be split, and I assume after a deadlocked revote they would have drawn lots? So Marty knew the revote had a good chance of sparing him - but how?

I agree - voting out Kelly B. doesn't seem to make sense. They all say they are afraid of her getting a sympathy vote at the end, implying that they themselves would not give it to her for that reason. If most of those interviewed would not give it to her for sympathy, who are they assuming would?

Maybe La Flor is assuming that Marty is pissing off too many people and could never win, a la Russell. I don't think that's the case. I think he's playing quite expertly. He knows the position he's in, he has a pretty good read on who is what tool available to him.

Jane aligning with the young players doesn't seem to make much sense in the long run, either. After Jill and Marty get voted out, who does she expect to go next? She needs to prove herself more useful than a few younger members, and fast. She does have time.
    _(Moo!)

Why oh why didn't they vote Marty out when they had the chance. Kelly B doesn't have a Hidden Immunity Idol, she doesn't even have an Individual Imminity Idol. This was the perfect opportunity to vote out an arrogant shark and they keep him. Why? It's Stupid. And it would have been a beautiful blindside. Brenda and Stash don't deserve to win after this stupid move.

I am resigned to seeing Dan in the final three.

Really the producers need to change this season's title to "Dumb and Dumber".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Dan is a fantastic person to consider taking to the final three, at least at this point. He's no physical threat so he can be discarded at any time for a better option, and he's apparently shared that he's got money already so why give him more? If I were in the game I'd keep him too, if I thought I could carry him until the merge.
    _(Moo!)

I too was surprised that they would not vote Marty and his HII off when they had the chance. It was even more confusing when Sash and Fabio gave him "that look" right after he was saved and Kelly B was sent home. There has to be more to the story than we were shown last night. Apparently the younger tribe had all agreed to vote off Kelly B if there was a tie.

I think that Jane is playing things pretty well. If she is able to make it to the merge, then she might go pretty far into the game as long as she is alligned with the right people. I don't think that the younger tribe sees her as a threat - but as an extra vote for them right now.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I've been a bit shocked and saddened about how much discrimination there was against Kelly B. by the other tribe members. She is a fit, capable human being and tribe member but everyone seemed so focused on her leg, it was ridiculous. Whether it was hate by Nay or pity by others, it was unfortunate they didn't just accept her as another player in the game.
    Maybe it was just a stupid excuse (saying she would win in the final because of pity), but if that's the case, find an excuse that isn't about discrimination. Thanks. Should be ashamed of themselves.

I think there was a whole lot of cockiness happening there with Brenda and her bunch of tools. My feeling was they felt that the could play Marty a bit. They obviously really wanted rid of Kelly (not Marty) while flushing the idol and perhaps Jud had a little to do with that. Maybe they think they can play Marty now and have him a bit nervous. And if it were just Marty, I'd agree that they'd have a chance to toy with him. But Jill is there to discuss things with, and so I don't think they'll both be so easily played.
    I'm hoping that if they go to tribal next, Jill and Marty will escape... if only so the cocky majority can be taken down a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4088713;
    I've been a bit shocked and saddened about how much discrimination there was against Kelly B. by the other tribe members. She is a fit, capable human being and tribe member but everyone seemed so focused on her leg, it was ridiculous. Whether it was hate by Nay or pity by others, it was unfortunate they didn't just accept her as another player in the game.
    Maybe it was just a stupid excuse (saying she would win in the final because of pity), but if that's the case, find an excuse that isn't about discrimination. Thanks. Should be ashamed of themselves.

I think there was a whole lot of cockiness happening there with Brenda and her bunch of tools. My feeling was they felt that the could play Marty a bit. They obviously really wanted rid of Kelly (not Marty) while flushing the idol and perhaps Jud had a little to do with that. Maybe they think they can play Marty now and have him a bit nervous. And if it were just Marty, I'd agree that they'd have a chance to toy with him. But Jill is there to discuss things with, and so I don't think they'll both be so easily played.
    I'm hoping that if they go to tribal next, Jill and Marty will escape... if only so the cocky majority can be taken down a notch.
    spock, i noticed how they couldn't talk about kelly without somehow mentioning her "leg," too. seriously people, it didn't seem like she was out there sitting around crying about it so why are you bringing it up? I just chaulked it up to to immaturity and the fact that most of these kids are probably quite shallow.

I can't stand Marty sometimes but now I want him to outlast these idiots. Why on earth would you save someone who can both THINK and SPEAK (skills most of these contestants do not have) and has a HII? Morons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast