+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

It's projected that whites will no longer be in the majority in the United States by 2042. Maybe then will Sash identify with his white side?

Doubt it-since African Americans won't be the majority then either. He'll still be a minority no matter how you cut it. I'm not sure he doesn't identify as much as he was looking for a way he could identify with bigmouth.

I think he approached bigmouth with whatever he thought she wanted to hear, and I think she was accepting because she didn't have a ton of invitations for other alliances now did she? It was a desperation move. Then along comes Brenda and she's in trouble (as was bigmouth) and the loudmouth decided to try and recruit and get Brenda, which would likely reel in Chase, and then maybe they have a little strength in numbers. We don't know if Sash would have ever really even approached Brenda.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4069086;
    I am so glad that Mark Burnett used Stupid R Us Casting for this season of Survivor, they did an excellent job.
    Brilliant observation!!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4068939;
    I've got one... how about people who you think could further you in the game!? Novel idea, but not nearly as romantic as picking people who have blue eyes like oneself.

It is very common for children to choose friend groups based on looks or the same likes or dislikes. It would be my hope that by the age of 20, people could strive to look a little deeper than that.
    Honestly, I think that's got to be one of the toughest parts of Survivor: how do you pick someone very quickly in whom you can place your trust? Because an early alliance is a strong alliance, but if you make a mistake and they don't actually trust YOU, then you've just become fodder. It seems like many of these alliances are made in the first few days (whether they're on camera or not) and the course of the game (while not set in stone) is charted by those very early snap decisions. What else do you have to go on other than commonalities to help you decide if this person will (not "can", everyone "can") further you in the game?

While I like laughing at the one-sided mistrust that we as the outside viewers get to see, I don't know if I'd be much better at it from the limited viewpoint of a single contestant.

What happened, no Survivor this week?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4072370;
    What happened, no Survivor this week?
    isnt it tomorrow?

oh yes...I forgot! I was so anxious. LOL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213