+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think this is going to be a fun season. I've skipped some here and there because the people were boring. I think the wackadoo's make it interesting

FORT Fogey

Both teams can fight for the title of idiocy! Figuring out the clue for the II, walking up to a tribemate that you have known for a week and think you trust, WHILE he is talking to Aligator shoes and TELLING him where the idol is AND allowing him to keep it, is right up there.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4068392;
    . . . Matthew . . . telling NaNutcase he's half black.
    In his biography, Matthew says his inspiration is his (presumably white) mother. Let's see if his loyalties change if he becomes the only "black" member of his team. I see him as a chameleon. He's whatever color he thinks will benefit him at any given moment.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Funny, I didn't even know Sash was a minority until he brought it up. He looks very much like he could be black Irish, which wouldn't go amiss with the last name of Lenahan.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Heck, for all we know, he could be Jewish, Irish, Eastern European or several other things, including half African American--we know how people tell stories here, and he's pretty generic looking.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4068541;
    Heck, for all we know, he could be Jewish, Irish, Eastern European or several other things, including half African American--we know how people tell stories here, and he's pretty generic looking.
    I thought it was just plain ridiculous when Sash said he wanted an all minority alliance. For what purpose?? I wouldn't call it racist but more likely, bias.(It's just semantics, anyway)

Isn't it a little odd that he decided to identify with his "black" side and not his "white" side? Why one over the other?? It boggles my mind, to say the least and I guess it makes him racist about himself!! Weird.

I don't see any advantage for picking a group based on something so unimportant as what you look like. Why not just align with all the blue eyed people......makes as much sense. What a dumb bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068868;
    Isn't it a little odd that he decided to identify with his "black" side and not his "white" side? Why one over the other?? It boggles my mind, to say the least and I guess it makes him racist about himself!! Weird.

I don't see any advantage for picking a group based on something so unimportant as what you look like. Why not just align with all the blue eyed people......makes as much sense. What a dumb bunny.
    He can't identify with his white side because whites aren't a minority. Duh.

Seriously though, I don't see why everybody is so worked up over a minority alliance. Similar people seek out similar people... it's not that freaking uncommon people! Everybody has something in common, and if they can't find the obvious ones, then they'll go for something else that is still similar even if not obvious.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4068915;
    He can't identify with his white side because whites aren't a minority. Duh.

Seriously though, I don't see why everybody is so worked up over a minority alliance. Similar people seek out similar people... it's not that freaking uncommon people! Everybody has something in common, and if they can't find the obvious ones, then they'll go for something else that is still similar even if not obvious.
    I've got one... how about people who you think could further you in the game!? Novel idea, but not nearly as romantic as picking people who have blue eyes like oneself.

It is very common for children to choose friend groups based on looks or the same likes or dislikes. It would be my hope that by the age of 20, people could strive to look a little deeper than that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4068541;
    Love that idea!

I am so glad that Mark Burnett used Stupid R Us Casting for this season of Survivor, they did an excellent job.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread