+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bloop;4067441;
    There's no such thing bilateral symmetry when it comes to bigotry. Black people pulling for black people isn't racism, nor are Jews hiring/promoting other Jews. Certain groups are protected and other groups are not. It's not perfect but that's how our country works.
    Well, I agree with you to a certain point. If this were a case where he said "hey, we've got to stick together (because we're black / minority / etc)", I might not have taken it the same way. However, what he's saying is "I only want minorities to go to the end", effectively saying "I only want a minority to win".

Overall, my point is that exclusion to power / money / whatever based on race is racism, no?

Ultimately, you're probably right and it's lip service played to further himself in the game. I do believe that Naonka (correct spelling?) will be voted out simply for her negative attitude, so it really doesn't matter.
    There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
    There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
    Dude, I got alot of tables...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4067296;
    Loved Jeff's face at tribal council. Even he couldn't believe the complete and utter meltdown the experienced. What a bunch of marooons! Nawhatever is like a caricature, Holly obviously is completely unstable in this environment (who put this chick through the psych tests??) and the less said about Shannon the better. Jeff's eyeballs nearly bugged out of his head when Shannon said "let's just get this out, are you gay?" He was like "are you $#@$& kidding me!?" It was Kind of reminded me of Jeff's visible double-take when that musician (??) from many seasons ago revealed his secret love-affair with the girl from the other tribe that he'd never actually spoken with. Ah, good times.
    You've added all the laugh smilies for me...thank you. I think my eyes bugged as much as Jeff's when Shannon went on his rant. Absolutely. Hysterical.

There are enough characters in both tribes to keep this season very entertaining, indeed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When I was first watching last night, I was thinking, "why does Survivor keep bringing in these over the top black women?" It just seems so wrong to keep depicting blacks like that.
    But, then, I gave it a while longer and, once again, they showed a Southerner making a fool of himself.
    I think, unfortunately, what we see on these shows is a cross section of America. We may not like it, but it still exists.

And, I hate when any people on these shows band together because of their similarities, too. We need to come together, people, not wedge others apart from us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4067194;
    Holly sinking the shoes, confessing, threatening to quit, and then almost everyone forgiving her (or appearing to do so). Someone admitting he brought $1600 shoes to Survivor. Someone deliberately giving away the key clue to a hidden immunity idol--and thinking it was a good idea. And all that happened on the tribe that seemed the least stupid tonight.
    The dimwittedness was a bit over the top, wasn't it?

The tribal council was amazing. None of the members of the Flor tribe seem capable of filtering anything--the moment they have a thought, they spill it.
    It makes for a good tribal, and maybe a good bit of conflict back in camp next episode, but if these people have THIS much trouble keeping secrets, it means the season as a whole may be pretty dull. Lots of little fires but no big strategic play (since that requires, you know... brains AND the ability to hold your tongue).

Speaking of Shannon...well, if he's talking states, New York may have more gays than Louisiana, simply because it has a higher population, but c'mon---does he truly believe there isn't a significant gay population in his home state? How can anyone be that dim?
    Nawlins alone has got to have a huge number. Well at least it did before Katrina.

I'm also assuming Brenda and the guy who started the whole minority alliance talk (I can't think of his name) may be re-thinking the advisability of entering any kind of alliance with Nay. She's such a loose cannon that she's an automatic liability. What was even the point of her starting an argument with Jud at tribal? And then she topped that performance in the previews with her comment about wanting to knock Kelly's artificial leg out from under her. Yeah, that kind of comment is going to make you really popular with everyone.
    Clearly she's an idiot. Someone said she was "Ghetto Fabulous" last night, so I started using that as her nickname.

It actually possible she could go SO over the top though that an alliance decides to keep her under the "nobody will ever vote for her at a final tribal" strategy.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

Ah, Shannon..... nothing like outing yourself on national TV that you are a bigot and a homophobe. I doubt there will be any parades for you back in the Big Easy.... And don't forget last week when he was babbling on about no woman should win. What a beauty. And don't get me started on that hideous NaOnka or whatever the heck her ridiculous name is. If she is a teacher, I am afraid for the future of our youth.

I loved Holly's shoe sinking ala Russell and for as dumb as everyone thinks Jud is, he is still smart enough to tell Shannon to shut up during TC. He also tried to handle NaOnka's sock stealing calmly and kept his poise until she went ghetto-fab on him, like she didn't do anything wrong.

I have to disagree on the comments made about only having drama inducing African-American females on the cast. Cirie was on for three seasons and was as sane as can be.

Why give the immunity idol away? Why? Why? Somehwhere Russell is losing his mind.

Tyrone really kicked but on that challenge. That looked like a toughie and he nailed it. They would be wise to keep him around for a long time.

I have to say to have an all minority alliance is understandable, however it is racist, no question about it.

I don't think the alliance will last, but I am Ok with the minority alliance. There have been way to many all girl alliances that were not considered sexist in nature, but about people with like minds and values joining together to win.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

[QUOTE=Tilden;4067248;]
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4067229;
    Back to the tool shed, Shannon I am really glad I don't have to see his stupid face any longer, and hope NoWhozit goes next...she can take "Sash" with her. Seriously, to me "taking all minorities to the end" is just as bad as a "No girls!" or "No old folks!" strategy. But wait...these two do NOT want to include the handicapped woman in the minority alliance, they want her gone ASAP. so it's even worse.

I had the same thought. If they really wanted an all minority alliance that was going to work, they needed more than just three people at this point, unless they were planning on being part of a larger alliance to begin with, intending to sell them all out later. Certainly Kelly B. is a minority in her own right too, even if she isn't a member of a racial minority. But I agree that it is kind of tiresome to see people joining "strong guy" or "all girl" or "only young people" etc. alliances. The alliances that are more interesting to watch are the ones where not everyone is the same. Besides, the whole "we can only align with people exactly like us" is so juvenile. Haven't these people ever had close friends who aren't exactly like them?

Yeah, that struck me too! In one breath they are taking about minorities sticking together and in the very next, they are talking about getting rid of Kelly.

I guess they are of for minorities, if it's their minority. What a joke those two are!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4067224;
    So Holly is the Russell (sort of) of her tribe. Stealing and destroying her tribemates property. Yeah, that's real smart. She'll be gone early.
    The young team are a bunch of morons. Vote off your physically strongest guy right off the bat. But...Shannon was an ahole, he deserved it. Don't these people watch past Survivors, the ones with the big mouths get voted off pronto.
    Next week, please oh please let Nay be voted off. I can't stand to look at her on my TV already. She's an evil witch! And why does she hate Kelly so much?
    I didn't see Kelly or anyone do anything to her.
    I think Russell would take great offense to be likened to Holly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDiva;4068189;
    I don't think the alliance will last, but I am Ok with the minority alliance. There have been way to many all girl alliances that were not considered sexist in nature, but about people with like minds and values joining together to win.
    Actually, I do think those are biased as well. And the whole thing is, there is no like-mindedness and no evidence that they share any ideas, from the bios; just Matthew pointing and saying "Look! Brenda is a minority!" and telling NaNutcase he's half black. And I doubt Tyson would want anything to do with this, he seems too smart. Actually, I think Brenda only said 'I'm good with that" to get a side alliance.
    All in all, I think the older people are less likely to make these types of alliances because they have been around the real world longer; at my age, I've had not just classmates, co workers, or a date that is different, but real friends and roommates of both sexes, several races, and all different orientations. So I would have no interest in forming an alliance based on what I see on the outside. Of course, if I saw one group, say younguns make a 'no-oldies' or 'no women' alliance, I'd have to try to bust it up and if that failed, stick to my ownage group for self preservation!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread