+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

Re: 9/15 Season 21 Premiere Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4063965;
    I was really impressed by the woman who started the fire! She said that nobody should come on Survivor without knowing how--something I'vealway said when I see them struggle in past seasons!
    I agree. I loved the look on his face when he said "Someone actually listened to me?" He seemed very flabbergasted.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4063965;
    I was really impressed by the woman who started the fire! She said that nobody should come on Survivor without knowing how--something I'vealway said when I see them struggle in past seasons!
    Didn't she use her eyeglasses? Hmmmm....let me see she do it the traditional way...with STICKS! I can't wait to see her fight for her life when she has to make fire in order to break a tie vote.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4064150;
    Didn't she use her eyeglasses? Hmmmm....let me see she do it the traditional way...with STICKS! I can't wait to see her fight for her life when she has to make fire in order to break a tie vote.
    In those challenges I think they give them flint... and I'd bet she practiced with that as well...but maybe knew it was WAY easier with glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4061995;
    I'm just up to watching the immunity challenge but I had to pop in and comment on the younger tribe's entrance to the challenge.

Durmstrang (with the chant and mimicked pounding of sticks on the ground) and Beauxbaten (with the girls doing the AHHHH and opening their arms) the two schools introductory entrance into the great hall during Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie. Really cute and cleaver, even if no one else got it.
    Hey, thanks! I sure didn't pick up on that and wondered about it. Now I understand why everyone knew what to do. Had thought maybe the cheerleader had taught them all a cheer.

As for Jimmy T, as soon as I saw him with his tribe's buff on his head, I thought he looked like he was in the wrong century. He looks just like a pirate to me so I wasn't surprised he was a fisherman. I could just picture him with Johnny Depp! He has the same grumpy disposition as a pirate also.

Yes the Young Team's entrance--I had no clue what they were alluding to--lol. I never got into Harry Potter. Thanks for the explanation.

Ah, my kids loved that entrance. I thought it was weird. They are young and I am old. Tribal lines have been drawn in our house.

Thanks for the explanation! I read the book, but did not see the movie.

Funny, though, my kids like the "oldies." I suppose they relate to me, seeing as I have carried them along all these Survivor seasons. This is one show we are able to watch together and take great pains to recite together the familiar lines. Family bonding time in its prime!!

"Come on in, guys!"
    "Once again, immunity is back up for grabs!"
    "Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes....The tribe has spoken."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4064817;
    Ah, my kids loved that entrance. I thought it was weird. They are young and I am old. Tribal lines have been drawn in our house.

I've read all the books multiple times AND seen the movies multiple times. When the premier Survivor show was aired, I was in Florida to spend THREE DAYS at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. In other words, I'm a HUGE fan.

And I didn't "get it" when the younger tribe entered. I thought the girls were just acting silly and most of the guys looked embarrassed.

BTW, they actually do a presentation every hour or so at WWoHP of the male and female dancers from "The Goblet of Fire" on which these discussions are based. It's really fun!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4064817;

Funny, though, my kids like the "oldies." I suppose they relate to me, seeing as I have carried them along all these Survivor seasons. This is one show we are able to watch together and take great pains to recite together the familiar lines. Family bonding time in its prime!!

"Come on in, guys!"
    "Once again, immunity is back up for grabs!"
    "Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll read the votes....The tribe has spoken
    I enjoyed reading this because my family always did it also. But then we do it to lots of shows: "one day you're in and the next, you're out."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4063765;
    Actually if anything the Suvivor females tend to not ally as strongly as the males in my opinion. The guys, especially the younger guys, tend to right off form alliances of "similar" guys. \.
    I agree, and then there is always the alliance of one or two guy "leaders" and several women, where the women are always expected to do the bidding of the men--and do (Russell, Lex and Coach come to mind first here.) The object of this type of alliance is always to keep the male from being voted out. I never understand why the girls just don't get it!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678