+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt's chat ~ transcript

FORT Fogey

Thanks, Wynd -- great job!

I have to confess I am a lot mellower right now than I was last night about the final outcome of this Survivor. As a result of having a clearer head, I realized a few things:

As charming and articulate as Matt was today on his chat, that's how different he seemed from his appearance last night. He seemed a lot more rational and relaxed today.

The contrast between his answers and past survivors is amazing.
    I think they switched his IQ with Heidi's because he is so much more intelligent than the rest. However, that's also what cost him the prize. He was too smart for his own good and not a good enough judge of human nature.

If he had comported himself a little better in his answers last night, he might have fared better. Nah, I have to accept what has happened as fate. That's what Matt would have wanted me to do, since that is what he believes in. What a crock!

Re: Thanks, Wynd -- great job!

Originally posted by CaliGirl

If he had comported himself a little better in his answers last night, he might have fared better
    I was so upset that I was two hours late to work this morning--perhaps the worst part of last night's outcome is that it reinforces once again that spoiled self-absorbed princesses often do win in real life.

As one of Matt's fervent female Survivor fans, let me congratulate him for playing with class. I can only fault him in one respect: his arguments to the jury. He could have made much stonger arguments demonstrating what a player he was...the challenges that he threw at strategic moments and the challenges that he won; letting Rob take the lead in eliminating people. Playing the honesty and integrity card and the working hard in camp card just didn't do it for this jury. You have to be able to read your jury.

I also felt that Jenna scored points when she said Matt didn't need the money, didn't care about the people, and was just doing it for the adventure. Matt should have rebutted that comment. If he'd told the jury he rented an apartment and drove a used car, he might have swayed some thinking. He also should have reminded them that he gave up his "loved-one" visit for their sakes.

But, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway because there were at least 3 guys on that jury who couldn't stand the thought of Matt beating them. If you have 3 jurors who vote based on ego and immaturity, there's not much to be done.

Namaste.

Fri Morning Survivorback

Re: Re: Thanks, Wynd -- great job!

Originally posted by Suxie
    I was so upset that I was two hours late to work this morning
    Suxie, you're kinda scaring me...

Nonetheless, I agree with you. Matt shows here how engaging and articulate he can be. I'm sorry more of this did not come out in the tribe. Had he been a little more outgoing, there is no telling how much his charisma would have charmed the others.
    What do honesty, integrity, morals, or ethics have to do with a million dollars?

But, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway because there were at least 3 guys on that jury who couldn't stand the thought of Matt beating them. If you have 3 jurors who vote based on ego and immaturity, there's not much to be done.
    I really do think you hit the nail on the head with that one, Suxie. It makes me wonder how the vote would have gone had it been Rob and Jenna in the F2. Deena, Butch(maybe), and Matthew(probably) would probably have voted for Rob, but would he have gotten enough votes to win? He certainly would have deserved to win over Jenna, but the egos of Alex and Dave would have probably prevented them from voting for him. As for Christy, who is to say what she would have done.? Someone suggested that maybe she was confused and thought she was voting against Jenna and then tried to cover up her mistake. The more I think about it - makes more sense than anything else. Oh well, her vote alone would not have saved Matt anyway.

FORT Fogey

Re: Re: Thanks, Wynd -- great job!

Originally posted by Suxie
    I can only fault him in one respect: his arguments to the jury. He could have made much stonger arguments demonstrating what a player he was...the challenges that he threw at strategic moments and the challenges that he won; letting Rob take the lead in eliminating people. Playing the honesty and integrity card and the working hard in camp card just didn't do it for this jury. You have to be able to read your jury.

... Matt should have rebutted that comment. If he'd told the jury he rented an apartment and drove a used car, he might have swayed some thinking. He also should have reminded them that he gave up his "loved-one" visit for their sakes.

They call that Monday Morning Quarterbacking, except that we all felt it last night.

Matt had an almost cavalier attitude about not winning and maybe that transmitted itself too.

Thank you for further illustrating my point so well, Suxie!

Thanks for posting this, Wynd. I agree, Matt is my all time fave Survivor contestant. He deserved to win.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Re: Re: Re: Thanks, Wynd -- great job!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mflcommish
    [B]Suxie, you're kinda scaring me...

I get that a lot... but hey, I put in a productive day anyway.

Namaste.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks from the transcript, Wyndemere.

Matt comes off as very well-spoken and intelligent in the chat. I would have wanted him to win, but like CaliGirl said, I have accepted what happened as fate.

Originally posted by oneTVslave
    As for Christy, who is to say what she would have done.? Someone suggested that maybe she was confused and thought she was voting against Jenna and then tried to cover up her mistake. The more I think about it - makes more sense than anything else. Oh well, her vote alone would not have saved Matt anyway.
    I have lost some respect for Christy. We all heard her avow that she would do everything she could to prevent the Skeletor Twins from winning. So what did she do, but turn around and vote for Jenna. Why? It just shows that "popular" girls like Jenna trample girls like Christy, who still try to curry their favor.

Namaste.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Just finished reading both Matt's & Jenna's transcripts. Why couldn't Matt have done this good a job at the last TC?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast