+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 7: Panama (Pearl Islands)

Leo
    Premium Member
    The scenery looks simply amazing. S6 was good for the game aspects, but I thought the scenery wasn't all that good.

Re: Survivor 7 - Panama

Originally posted by John
    Now I've got that Van Halen song stuck in my head, but I'm also laughing because the infamous Dan Bollinger was wrong for once!

I love it when Mark pulls a trick out of his sleeve.
    This was a real shocker to me.
    Dan's the Man when it comes to finding out all the background location info.

Give him a day though and he'll have a source out there bringing him up to speed.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Panama - Some background.

From buisnesspanama.com

Full country name: Republic of Panama
    Area: 78,000 sq km (30,420 sq mi)
    Population: 2.8 milion (growth rate 1.3%)
    Capital city: Panama City (pop 700,000)
    People: 65% mestizo, 14% African descent, 10% Spanish descent, 10% Indian
    Languages: Spanish (Official), English and Indian languages
    Religion: 85% Roman Catholic, 10% Protestant, 5% Islamic
    Government: Constitutional democratic republic
    GDP: US$8.8 billion
    GDP per head: US$3200
    Annual growth: 2.1%
    Inflation: 1.3%
    Major industries: Banking, construction, petroleum refining, brewing, tourism, cement and other construction materials, sugar milling, shipping and agriculture
    Major trading partners: USA, EU, Central America & Caribbean, Japan
    Visas:
    Every visitor needs a valid passport and an onward ticket to enter Panama, but further requirements vary from country to country and occasionally change. UK, Germany and Switzerland citizens and many other nationalities need only a passport, while people from Japan, New Zealand, USA, Venezuela and more need a tourist visa or tourist card (US$5) as well. Contact an embassy or consulate for current details.
    Time: GMT/UTC minus 5 hours

Security

Panama is a peaceful country with no military. Unlike many neighboring countries, personal security concerns are limited. Panama and Costa Rica have similar crime rates.

Environment

Panama is the only city in the world in which a protected, tropical rainforest can be found within city limits. The country has many and varied outdoor attractions from the mountain region of Chiriquí to the beaches on the Caribbean coast.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Contadora & the Pearl Islands

Contadora is the fifth largest of the Pearl Islands and is located in the Pacific Ocean about 50 miles from Panama City. This island features fine hotels, restaurants, a dive shop, a 9-hole golf course and even a duty-free store. Contadora has 13 beautiful beaches. You can take excursions to nearby islands, most of which are uninhabited, and find your own private beach for sunbathing and picnicking. Just across the way is Pacheca Island, roosting spot for magnificent frigate birds and an excellent spot for bird watching.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Voiceover from S6 reunion preview.

Jeff Probst: This fall 16 new Survivors journey off the coast of Panama, to a land steeped in a bloody history of piracy. A hidden chain of more than a 100 tropical islands located in the blue-green waters of Central America.
    These are the Pearl Islands.
    It is a place of ancient riches, with a turbulent history looting and plundering. The ruins of Spanish forts and sunken ships are monuments to a violent and infamous past.
    Where the deeds of pirates like Drake and Morgan are legendary.

In these Panamanian waters lurk some of the most exotic and dangerous marine animals anywhere in the Pacific Ocean. Schools of sharks, stingrays, dolphins and sea turtles thrive in a spectacular world beneath the sea.
    And our Survivors will begin their adventure during the migration of the humpback whales. For the first time, each tribe will have their own island, and the marooning will be unlike anything experienced by previous Survivors.
    Who will Outwit, Outplay and Outlast all the others to become the Sole Survivor? Find out this fall as the adventure continues in the Pearl Islands.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am so excited. This season, winner aside, was awesome.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Me too.
    I loved this season.
    Hope 7 doesn't fit into the "boring "odd number" season pattern".

I'll get some images up as soon as John gives the ok to upload.
    "That's Numberwang!"

At least we know a man will win.

Pick the most offensive man in your office pool, kiddos.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I wonder how they will play next time too. Now that they must have seen Rob playing the way he did, what kind of show will they put up for us? Or will they all be extra cautious and never let a thing of their thought slip, just smile and pat each others backs... But the environment sounds nice and having a whole small island for a tribe sounds really nice. How about wild life on the island? Are there any kind of predators or are can the survivors be pretty relaxed wandering the whole island? Could they possibly manage to trap some birds this time to eat?

Originally posted by fluff
    For the first time, each tribe will have their own island, and the marooning will be unlike anything experienced by previous Survivors.
    Lets see now, the other survivors had to build their own shelter, look for their own food, make their own fire, dig their own latrine ditch. So whats going to be diffferent this time? 24 hour club med catering? survivor for the rich and famous?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread