+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Re: NaOnka Mixon - Nicaragua (La Flor)

Despicable human being.Ignorant beyond believes!

FORT Regular

I kind of like her. She's fiesty and adds some character to this season. Much better than the milquetoast gals on her tribe who do nothing. If she and Fabio weren't on that tribe ... would the tribe even get any camera time? I don't think so. I know her name but barely know anyone else's. They're just so bland.

I wonder if people would dislike her so much if she were male. Or white. I'm not saying anyone is sexist or racist, but there is a tendency to view behavior such as hers less favorably when sex and race are tossed in there. So far she hasn't done or said anything near what, say, Russell did or said, but everyone hates her and thinks she's "vile." I find that ... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet;4082318;
    I kind of like her. She's fiesty and adds some character to this season. Much better than the milquetoast gals on her tribe who do nothing. If she and Fabio weren't on that tribe ... would the tribe even get any camera time? I don't think so. I know her name but barely know anyone else's. They're just so bland.

I wonder if people would dislike her so much if she were male. Or white. I'm not saying anyone is sexist or racist, but there is a tendency to view behavior such as hers less favorably when sex and race are tossed in there. So far she hasn't done or said anything near what, say, Russell did or said, but everyone hates her and thinks she's "vile." I find that ... interesting.
    I thought Russell was just as vile, so no sexist or white premise there at all.

Vile is vile no matter what color it comes wrapped in. She lacks basic humanity, and therein lies the problem.

Russell was entertaining and actually did something to change the game. He never, ever said anything as vile as NaBitchka. He was more a bully. She is just nasty and takes credits for finding the HII that Brenda basically gave her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

While she obviously wasn't male, Corinne was (and presumably still is) white and I despise her nasty self. Also despise white male Randy. Love Asian male Yauman, black female Cirie and white female Parvati.

And yes, I think NaOnka is vile. She's mean, stupid, and not remotely funny.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;4079902;
    Psycho nut job crackhead ghetto trashy thug. Can't wait until she gets her up and commence, chick this sick needs to be slapped down and no doubt will, be it on this show or in life. Karma like that will come back to bite her sorry A$$, either that or she'll get shot back home in a crack deal gone bad when she runs that trashy mouth to the wrong crack dealer or pimp.

She is rude, greedy, and just plain mean...she needs to go!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

After this last episode I'm beginning to think that this woman is bipolar or something. Her emotions are all over the place. That said, I STILL would not wish to have her working with my children in ANY capacity.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I've not been a fan of hers at all, but I'm really glad we did see the humanity to her last night. I think she's someone with an enormous chip on her shoulder. Hope we continue to see the gentler side of Naonka.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 10-14-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;4084322;
    After this last episode I'm beginning to think that this woman is bipolar or something. Her emotions are all over the place. That said, I STILL would not wish to have her working with my children in ANY capacity.
    I'd love to know if she is returning to her job? Im willing to bet that contract WONT be renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4076590;
    Well, finally got to watch the start of last week's show, and then replayed the fight over the fruit basket. They don't actually show the start of the fight...you see Kelly B. and NaOnka walk by with it and the camera focuses on the next person in line, a woman struggling with a potted plant of some kind, and then cuts to the fight. The first shot is of Kelly sitting on the ground fishing in the basket and N. kneeling or bending over it, also fishing around. You do NOT see Kelly knocked to the ground. Not saying she wasn't, but from what we see she could just as easily have dropped to the ground for a better angle on the basket. There is a wrestling match for the clue, but no more viscious than a lot of the competitions they've had in other seasons.
    So, much as I dislike some of the things N. has said, and her weird hatred of KB and Jud, I didn't see her do anything bad there.
    I noticed there wasnt a huge amount of shoving going on either, certainly nothing compared to Amandas scene last season over the clue in the popcorn....Now those two were about to come to blows (so awesome )

Both Naonka and kelly looked determined to grab that clue and I think most people would "grab" for it. So, while I dont like Naonka I am not going to label her a hateful handicap abuser just yet, especially when there is major spinning and editing going on to add "drama."

+ Reply to Thread