+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jimmy Johnson - Nicaragua (Espada)

Re: Jimmy Johnson - Nicaragua (Espada)

I don't know JJ because I'm totally football ignorant. But I really liked him last night and thought he'd be great at this. I think he does have a target on his back just because who he is. Look at how jealous Jimmy T got about Jimmy Johnson for no reason. Has to be envy.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4064979;
    I remember Jimmy J saying early on that he doesn't need the money, and will be donating it to charity.

I woke up in the middle of the night and turned on the TV to lull me back to sleep. There was Jimmy J in a race car driver's outfit, doing an infomercial for Extenz (sp?) - a male enhancement product. I'm having trouble in my limited mind figuring out why someone famous would do an infomercial like that if they didn't need the money. Not judging . . . JMHO.
    OH MY - this is too funny. I have to agree with you and wonder why in the world he would do one of the Extenze commercials if he didn't need the money. On a personal note, to me it sounds like TMI to share with the world, and it really does surprise me that JJ would want his name associated with an ED medication.

I suspect he's doing the commercial because he likes being in front of the camera. He always has. People don't really believe that celebrities doing commercials actually use the products they advertise, do they?
    Last edited by Florimel; 09-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm surprised regarding the commercial, too. At first I thought this must be Jimmie Johnson of NASCAR but I Googled it and it really is Jimmy Johnson. He probably is like a lot of high net worth individuals and his wealth took a hit due to the downturn of the financial markets and that may be why he's trying some things he hasn't done before in order to increase revenue/visibility and that accounts for the commercial and Survivor. I'm not sure how long Jimmy will last on Survivor, though, after watching the first episode. The elements seem to really be getting to him. I'll watch as long as he's on though and he should be a great motivator for his team.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Poor Jimmy. One sane man in a season with two tribes of nutcases.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

My sentiments exactly, emjoi!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I was so happy to see Jimmy doing better in last week's episode. He seems to have adjusted to the elements and helped his team win that challenge. I think tonight's show is going to be a pretty Jimmy-centric one. I hope he gets to speak about more in-depth about his inspirations when it comes to motivation. One of Jimmy's specific influences is Mihály Csíkszentmihályi who wrote the book, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. I picked up that book when I was barely a teenager and Jimmy was coach of the Cowboys and it continues to have a lasting impact upon my life. Jimmy Johnson is a talented football coach but also a really deeply thoughtful and substantive person and I hope he gets to show that side of himself. And yes, sane, when some of these people do seem pretty nutzo.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

As I posted in my thread on this subject, obvious the old fogies were a collection of psychos, thugs and just losers, save maybe the Doctor. And them voting off Jimmy J. was about 75% just pure jealousy on the part of the idiot old men.

I love Jimmy Johnson, he pulled off one of the greatest feats in football history by winning a college National Championship, with a 2nd rate team (not in a big conference) and then taking a crappy, down, old Dallas Cowboys team and in just 3 years winning back to back Super Bowls. A feat no other coach has accomplished.

The only thing that makes me go "come on man" about Jimmy J., was his comment that "I've watched every minute of Survivor, but had no idea it would be this hard." What? WTH? Come on, your a border line genius, at least very smart, you've watched every minute of every season of Survivor, yet you were surprised it was going to be that hard? You were surprised you would be eaten by bugs, sleep deprived, starved, de-hydrated??? Seems a little strange to me a guy of his talents and brains would not know that big time going in. The one thing about Survivor that has always jumped out to me is how tough it looks, and how I have absolutely no desire to actually play, simply because of those harsh conditions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234