+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Johnson - Nicaragua (Espada)

FORT Fan

Re: Jimmy Johnson - Nicaragua (Espada)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4042642;
    I've never watched Survivor other than a few clips from the first season.
    OMG! you poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4041664;
    I have a feeling he will be an early boot
    I hope so. I'm afraid the show will concentrate on him too much for as long as he's there.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Survivor has officially jumped the shark with this casting. I am sure that they were trying to gain viewers by doing this but for me it worked the other way. That and moving the show to Wednesday's....
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4041664;
    I have a feeling he will be an early boot
    Many seasons seem to have a novelty person that gets the hype and gets people talking, then they are booted first or second episode.

China had the wrestling girl with the boobs, and "Chicken".
    Fans vs Faves had Fairplay.
    Heroes vs Villains had Sugar.

Then there was the famous Wanda in Palau who has made Survivor immortality by being on the island for all of 10 minutes.

Saw an interview with him where he noted he had applied several times to be on the show (he loves it) and was accepted prior to this but in his final physical they found he had a lot of issues needing attention from his cardiologist. In a way, he said he credit's Survivor for saving his life, as without that physical he might not have found the problems in time.

That said, I want to see his hair messed up, and then see him gone!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4041554;
    He was on ESPN's First Take this morning and talked some about his Survivor experience:

Jimmy Johnson: Survivor, Cowboys - ESPN Video - ESPN
    Thanks for bringing this video over - very interesting. I can't imagine that Nicaragua was a "fun" place to be. I also read somewhere that Jimmy said that there was no fruit hanging from trees. He also mentioned being dehydrated.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, all of that could have happened the first couple of days. If he shaved his head would his fans recognize him? I agree, easy first boot. He can swim, but I don't think coaching will have kept him in the shape that the other 60 year old was in. Plus "he doesn't need the money".
    And he doesn't like lazy people.
    The only thing that is going to save these older folks that don't like lazy people is that they are all on the same team I think. Hopefully by the time they mix with the 20 year old goof offs they will have mellowed, or at least will dominate in numbers.

I'm a Dolphins fan and am forever grateful to JJ for beinging Zach Thomas into the league, so I have a great fondness for JJ. I always liked and admired him and will watch to see how he does.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

He said from the beginning that anything he won would be donated to charity. He's not doing this for the money. I stopped watching Survivor several years ago, but will tune in for Jimmy Johnson and will probably be gone when he is.

I do think that anyone who is even a casual football fan will recognize him with out without hair. He's been a commentator for years now and even his voice is recognizable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I admire Jimmy Johnson for trying this out later in life. I say to those of you who think this is "shark-jumping" on the part of "Survivor", I doubt he will get any special treatment.
    And I disagree that JJ is going to be voted off quickly...look at the commercials, he looks fairly thin in some of the ads. As if he is on the island longer than 2-3 weeks.
    I cant wait to watch this season. I am an avid viewer of show spoilers, but this show might be the one that I just watch and enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast