+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Finale Episode Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by sheela
    Jenna was on the local news here right after she won.

She is going to use the money to “pay off school, pay some bills, go on a vacation”. No mention of her Mom.
    From what I hear, she comes from a very wealthy family and she already makes quite a bit as a swimsuit model, I suspect, so her mom's hospital expenses are already paid for most likely. However, the fact that she does not need the money makes it ludicrious that she claimed she should get the money over Matthew because he doesn't need it. It doesn't seem like either of them really did, but I still think that was an egregious claim.

I'm still waiting for Homeless person Survivor/Big Brother. Where everyone would need the money equally.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Mellz
    Oh yeah one more thing! How rude was Alex!? Omg did you hear him Matt was all like "Oh that whole machete thing was an act."
    Alex was like " I think you lost it... and blah blah blah.." Grrrr what an ass!

also did you hear when Matt said in the final ep where he was like almost depressed for 2 weeks during the show (you know because of the whole Ryan, Dan voting thing) because of the way people treated him. wow... he is so much better then all of those people (even christy! WOW... Im so shocked at her vote.) except for the one person that stayed with him and that was butch.

again... what a let down this final ep was. :mad:
    TOTALLY!!
    Alex behaved like a totaljerk. What was with all his eye rolling about every word Matt said??? ANd yes, Matt is a much more real person than yukky Jenna. It's so disappointing that she won.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

Originally posted by John
    Matt and Jenna are on the Early Show, and it appears they're dating.

*screams in horror* OMG.....NOoooooOOOOoooo! wow, I never would have thought that would happen. wow.. Im shocked
    The things you regret most in life are the risks you didn't take. -Matthew Von Ertfelda

FORT Fogey

Re: Jenna and Matt

Originally posted by LoveEmAll
    On the other hand, when Alex and Shawna were snuggling, he kept trying to work his way in there, too. And, the night they held the survey-challenge, he actually put himself for the one that most folks had a secret crush on -- as if!
    Actually, it was Matthew who put that he thought people had a crush on him. That was pretty weird, especially considering that there were more males than females at that point, so the odds were that a female would have the most votes...

Originally posted by cali
    I'm still waiting for Homeless person Survivor/Big Brother. Where everyone would need the money equally.
    Not a bad idea at all. The relationships might actually truly matter there. And boy, would they play for the money, no coasting there.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Zaius
    That's what so interesting about Survivor. The fact that you can be lazy all game and still win. The fact that Survivor never explicitly tells you why you should vote someone off. The fact that a "person" like Jenna can win. It's a social game above everything.

If the working people are in the majority and decide not to share the food they catch, all the better for them. I know that if I was a hard worker in my tribe and a minority was lazing around not doing anything, I'd talk to the other workers and propose to split the food amongst just ourselves. The lazy ones can get their own food.

The game is what you make it. That's what I like about it. I don't think it should be changed.
    Completely agreed!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Shouldn't survival skills play at least a small part in this game? Guess not.
    This is the precise reason that I no longer enjoy Survivor.
    I'm sorry....I still watch it because it is one of the better produced reality shows. But I much prefer Eco-Challenge and The Amazing Race.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by SamsMom
    I WOULD SAY MATT COULD DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN JENNA!! He is a nice person!!!

Thats what I mean too! Matt could do so much better!! I meant you could do so much better, Matt. lol I was on full rant so that may have came out wrong
    The things you regret most in life are the risks you didn't take. -Matthew Von Ertfelda

I know, I know....it's already been said, but Matthew.....WOW He looked terrific! He reminded me of Colby at the reunion. I thought Colby had the same rugged good looks that Matthew has. While I didn't think he was unattractive during the show, I certainly didn't realize that he looked like THAT!

Jenna absolutely DISGUSTED me until the reunion show. Her point about growing up in front of millions seemed sincere rather than sulking (which is exactly what I would expect from her). I am devastated that she won instead of Matthew because I don't think IMO that she deserved it as much, but I actually saw the beginning of redeeming qualities in her during the reunion show. Maybe I'm just desperately trying to buy into her winning..... Heidi is still just pathetic. In fact, I feel very sorry for Heidi. She's IMO not overly bright (despite her protestations), and her self-proclaimed beauty claim has been completely disproved now that everyone has seen that underneath all the beauty products and fake breasts, she is nothing more than a ugly-grimace-maker, retainer-wearing skeleton-wanna-be.

I'm very disappointed in Christy. She, more than anyone, should have been a slam-dunk for Matthew. I feel that her explanation for voting for Jenna was pretty lame, and I really think she was influenced to vote for Jenna.

I daydreamed that Matthew would beat Jenna, but never really expected that he would with her openly-played sick-mother card. I had hoped that he would lose 3-4. I expected that he would lose 2-5. I was horrified that he lost 1-6!
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread