+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Regarding Matt being more "deserving" than, say, Natalie or Ashley, we are hypothesizing all this based on the assumption that the girls will have utilized no end game to get them to F3, which we still don't know. Maybe they will or maybe they won't. But however they get there, if they do, it will still be based on making certain strategic decisions to align with the right people to go to the end with.
    Exactly. They might very well orchestrate Rob's demise once the Zaps are all gone. We don't know yet. And you're right, Matt could very well come in, align himself with a couple of people, and stage a coup, win the last few IC's, and strategize the heck out of the last couple of episodes. That would go a long way towards making him a more deserving winner.

Why do I have such a hard time imagining this happening? As he has said himself, he sucks at playing this game. All I can see is him coming back and being used as a vote to get Rob out by someone actively playing a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    That and Matt is the only one who is actually getting to know any of the Zaps since Rob won't allow any of his tribe talk to them that could help him gets votes from the Zaps on the jury. He is spending that all important one on one time with them on RI.
    That's true, and that can bode very well on him winning should he be in the final three in this game.

I have figured out how Russell will react to this if Matt did win: 1. the already formentioned "I told you guys" to the Zapatera tribe (warranted, he has been right that ousting him has been their downfall), and 2. the game is flawed that Matt won - even though Matt would win in a game closer to the way Russell expects it to truly be played (less social game), simply because it's not him winning.

I see the only way Rob not making the final three is if Ralph has another immunity idol.

For some reason I think he does. There would be no reason for him to play it until the zaps got down to 2 or even one.

They know they cant take the big guy out with their numbers, so lets wait to the very last possibility to use it.

I least he can go out knowing he took out the big gun before him.

The reason I think he has the other one is, there would be two immunity idols on each camp.

When Mike asked if he could use the idol for him, there was no consideration at all. Why would he choose to use it for Mike when he could have it for himself if they only had one idol. It doesn't make sense. He has to have had both.

I expect something very big to happen that will definitely change this game. If not, then I am just as paranoid as ROB.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikikass View Post
    I see the only way Rob not making the final three is if Ralph has another immunity idol.

For some reason I think he does. There would be no reason for him to play it until the zaps got down to 2 or even one.
    I don't think he does, production would have shown it. Hiding this from the viewers makes no sense. It would create interest and excitment.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    That and Matt is the only one who is actually getting to know any of the Zaps since Rob won't allow any of his tribe talk to them that could help him gets votes from the Zaps on the jury. He is spending that all important one on one time with them on RI.
    This is another advantage one has if they spend most of their time on RI, where the atmosphere is more like a budget sleepaway camp, and there is no need for strategy, as opposed to actually having to play the game and risk doing things to make people not like you. Winning a string of challenges is certainly no easy feat, but overall, it's probably easier for some people to do than navigate the traditional survivor game, so I wouldn't be surprised if more of them try to go this route, if the RI element is kept around in future seasons.

Actually, we don't know for sure that the Omes are refusing to talk with the Zaps at all, only that they won't discuss strategy with them. I have a feeling that there is a bit more day to day interraction/cooperation, albeit not game-related, than they've been showing us, but the editors want to play up the total division between the two tribes, because that's their story line.

If Matt makes it to the finals and does get all the Zap votes, I am curious how, at the reunion, after watching the whole show, the Zaps will explain and defend their decision to do so.

FORT Fogey

Ironcat, why was Rob so afraid of Matt? Clearly he felt the need to send him to RI twice. I'm not asking to be snarky, I legitimately want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    Ironcat, why was Rob so afraid of Matt? Clearly he felt the need to send him to RI twice. I'm not asking to be snarky, I legitimately want to know.
    I'm not sure why you're asking me this, but IMO, the first time, Rob got rid of him because he suspected that Matt would form a suballiance with Andrea, and he wanted to break that up before it happened. I don't think Rob was determined to vote Matt out the second time until he showed himself to be so wishy washy, and acting out of some motivation other than logical strategy. Someone like that is a wildcard whose moves you can't predict, so better to remove him before he becomes a liability. Also, at that point, Rob already had his endgame pretty well worked out, and Matt didn't need to factor into it, so he had no use for him. That's basically why he doesn't want him (or anyone from RI for that matter) back in the game, but certainly for him, Matt returning would be worse than a Zap, because Matt would stand a better chance of aligning with one of the Omes than would a Zap, and obviously this will screw up Rob's endgame.

Hope that answers your question.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I'm not sure why you're asking me this, but IMO, the first time, Rob got rid of him because he suspected that Matt would form a suballiance with Andrea, and he wanted to break that up before it happened. I don't think Rob was determined to vote Matt out the second time until he showed himself to be so wishy washy, and acting out of some motivation other than logical strategy. Someone like that is a wildcard whose moves you can't predict, so better to remove him before he becomes a liability. Also, at that point, Rob already had his endgame pretty well worked out, and Matt didn't need to factor into it, so he had no use for him. That's basically why he doesn't want him (or anyone from RI for that matter) back in the game, but certainly for him, Matt returning would be worse than a Zap, because Matt would stand a better chance of aligning with one of the Omes than would a Zap, and obviously this will screw up Rob's endgame.

Hope that answers your question.
    It does answer my question and thanks for doing that.

Rob knows very well the value of a solid two-person alliance, and he could see echoes of him and Amber in how close Matt and Andrea were becoming so early in the game. Taking Matt out at that point might not have been completely necessary, he could have watched him for awhile or even taken Andrea out instead, but it definitely needed to happen as far as Rob was concerned.

The 2nd time, Matt made a bone-headed move to plot to flip and blindside Rob, then immediately confess it all to Rob and OUT his partner, which again was Andrea. Now Rob has two reason to vote Matt back out: 1. he could see Andrea/Matt could easily pick up where they left off and become a strong two-person alliance and 2. they outed the fact that they were thinking about flipping.

How could Rob NOT have voted him out after that??

Poor Matt my butt. He orchestrated his ouster in both cases, although certainly more so the 2nd time around. If he somehow comes back to win this thing he better show a complete 180 degree turn around in game play because what we've seen so far from Matt has been skill and/or luck at winning the RI challenges and pure crap gameplay.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Rob knows very well the value of a solid two-person alliance, and he could see echoes of him and Amber in how close Matt and Andrea were becoming so early in the game. Taking Matt out at that point might not have been completely necessary, he could have watched him for awhile or even taken Andrea out instead, but it definitely needed to happen as far as Rob was concerned.

The 2nd time, Matt made a bone-headed move to plot to flip and blindside Rob, then immediately confess it all to Rob and OUT his partner, which again was Andrea. Now Rob has two reason to vote Matt back out: 1. he could see Andrea/Matt could easily pick up where they left off and become a strong two-person alliance and 2. they outed the fact that they were thinking about flipping.

How could Rob NOT have voted him out after that??

Poor Matt my butt. He orchestrated his ouster in both cases, although certainly more so the 2nd time around. If he somehow comes back to win this thing he better show a complete 180 degree turn around in game play because what we've seen so far from Matt has been skill and/or luck at winning the RI challenges and pure crap gameplay.
    Totally agree..great post!!!

+ Reply to Thread