+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Re: Survivor 22 (speculation/spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    If the spoiler about Matt is correct we will see him back in the game again. Without RI he would not be there. He is able to stay out of the social game which is the place for him to be, clearly! I was stunned when he told Rob he and Amanda were thinking of aligning with Z.

I really do not want him to win, big time no.
    Shoepie, I'm in complete agreement with you regarding the spoiler of Matt back into the game. If he stayed in the tribe his lack of social game would have been a huge factor in a NO win--if he even made it to FTC. The fact that he's been at RI helps him, and to me, that is not "playing" the game. It's much more difficult to navigate the social game in Survivor. He's a nice kid, but not a strategist.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Shoepie, I'm in complete agreement with you regarding the spoiler of Matt back into the game. If he stayed in the tribe his lack of social game would have been a huge factor in a NO win--if he even made it to FTC. The fact that he's been at RI helps him, and to me, that is not "playing" the game. It's much more difficult to navigate the social game in Survivor. He's a nice kid, but not a strategist.
    Hasn't that spoiler come true? Matt came back into the game but was voted out again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Hasn't that spoiler come true? Matt came back into the game but was voted out again.
    Yes but the leak, rumor or buzz may have only gone so far as his first return. The spoilers are a bit off and vague. I am putting no stock in what we have heard as far as the end game goes.

It is possible Matt could come back in, do a run of IIs. But as far as anyone voting for him to win? Never. If he ends up in F2 it means that F1 was very smart in bringing him along.

We also have someone saying Grant and a girl are there.

The lack of spoilers this season may be an indication that this show has run its course.

Yes but the leak, rumor or buzz may have only gone so far as his first return. The spoilers are a bit off and vague. I am putting no stock in what we have heard as far as the end game goes.

It is possible Matt could come back in, do a run of IIs. But as far as anyone voting for him to win? Never. If he ends up in F2 it means that F1 was very smart in bringing him along.

We also have someone saying Grant and a girl are there.

The lack of spoilers this season may be an indication that this show has run its course.
    I hope you are right about this. Because if Matt wins all the RI challenges again, rejoins the tribe at 4 or 5, gets recruited by a couple of the players in the minority alliance who just need him for the numbers, then gets taken to the finals and actually wins, because he never played the game enough to piss anyone off, it will raise the phenomenon of accidentally backing into a victory to a whole new level, and not in a good way. They might as well just make the show a skills competition and call it a day.

If that happens, and Matt comes back in, manages to win a couple of immunity challenges and finds himself in the finals and wins? I'll be furious. I think many loyal fans of the show will be as well. Nothing against Matt, but ANYONE who is voted out twice and seems to lack any kind of strategy in the game should not win it. Or else, yes, call it something else, because while Matt might have the 'outplay' down (RI challenge wins) he doesn't have to worry about making enemies (so no 'outplay' involved) and he doesn't have to continue to survive the TC vote week after week ('outlast') - it would be a joke and the worst winner ever, IMO.

FORT Fogey

I really, really do not think Matt can win no matter what happens next. No way. Think about it. He was the first boot, spent 2 weeks or so on RI, came back in and was voted out at the very next TC. He has not been in the game enough to deserve the reward for outwitting, outlasting and outplaying. He has been alone chatting with god the whole damn game! Who on earth would vote for him?!

I think we can all forget the notion that this could every happen. Let's just enjoy what is left and know someone else will win.

The big question mark is who? We havent seen much of anyone other than Rob. I love that guy but, unfortunately, he cannot win. I believe the spoiler that says he makes it far but not all the way because that makes sense. I like Grant from what I have seen of him. The women are a blur.

I really, really do not think Matt can win no matter what happens next. No way. Think about it. He was the first boot, spent 2 weeks or so on RI, came back in and was voted out at the very next TC. He has not been in the game enough to deserve the reward for outwitting, outlasting and outplaying. He has been alone chatting with god the whole damn game! Who on earth would vote for him?!

I think we can all forget the notion that this could every happen. Let's just enjoy what is left and know someone else will win.

The big question mark is who? We havent seen much of anyone other than Rob. I love that guy but, unfortunately, he cannot win. I believe the spoiler that says he makes it far but not all the way because that makes sense. I like Grant from what I have seen of him. The women are a blur.
    Oh, I think Matt could win, because he would be the person with the least amount of blood on his hands no matter who he sits next to....We all know that the people on the jury are most of the time bitter, so I can see Matt winning if he get's to the F3....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    If that happens, and Matt comes back in, manages to win a couple of immunity challenges and finds himself in the finals and wins? I'll be furious. I think many loyal fans of the show will be as well. Nothing against Matt, but ANYONE who is voted out twice and seems to lack any kind of strategy in the game should not win it. Or else, yes, call it something else, because while Matt might have the 'outplay' down (RI challenge wins) he doesn't have to worry about making enemies (so no 'outplay' involved) and he doesn't have to continue to survive the TC vote week after week ('outlast') - it would be a joke and the worst winner ever, IMO.
    I am a very loyal fan, and I would LOVE it if Matt won!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I am a very loyal fan, and I would LOVE it if Matt won!
    I agree.

If Matt ends up winning by bypassing the whole strategic and social aspect of the game, the only good thing to come out of it IMO will be that the producers will either retool or totally disband the whole RI concept. I seriously doubt that this kind of result was what they had in mind when they came up with it. Otherwise, they may start getting people going on the show who are superior athletes and good with puzzles, who can train/practice their skills in those areas in advance, with the intention of just winning all the RI challenges, avoiding all other parts of the game, and getting to the end with no "blood on their hands".

+ Reply to Thread