+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That fire was intentional!

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Fire away!

I believe the fire wasn't intentional. The crew may have intervened to stop it after the shelter was done, but I'm not 100% sure. It may have died out by itself.

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    How long could it have burned before the three intrepid Survivors returned to camp to find their treasures gone? As we all know Jenna sustained the greatest losses with the Zeta jacket ("handed from sister to sister") and her pledge crown being destroyed.
    Good question. I don't know how long the walk to and from the challenges takes. Same for the boat ride to TC.

Originally posted by gracie
    The fire wasn't anyone's fault and it was everyone's fault. The palm fronds were so dry anything could have set them off. They all should have been smart enough to know brown things burn, green things don't. Think of Christmas tree fires.
    Exactly, they all have to share the blame.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Challenge Beach is about a mile or so away from camp. So, if it's a fairly decent path, you're talking 20-30 minutes.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Re: Fire away!

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    As we all know Jenna sustained the greatest losses with the Zeta jacket ("handed from sister to sister") and her pledge crown being destroyed.
    Exactly CG!

Geez, 5 whole years of history there lost forever. I'm surprised she didn't have it safely stowed in the Smithsonian.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

One of them says "We should probably pull it out before it catches fire, she has very valuable things in there, like her Zeta crown and Zeta jacket".

They then bust up laughing and continue filming.

I still say it was unintentional. If it was INTENTIONAL, they would have thrown Heidi's crap in there to get fried as well.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Aw, Miss F, you're just jealous of Heidi because she's so beautiful. And a mastermind, too!

lol_its_fun
    Don't know if the fire was intentioal, but one thing for sure is the cameraman was doing all those zooming in and out shot during the fire, which means he/she could certainly try to put the fire out instead of filming the fire.

Challenge Beach is about a mile or so away from camp. So, if it's a fairly decent path, you're talking 20-30 minutes.
    The survivors don't just go to the challenge, win/lose whatever and then return to camp in a span of an hour or so. These challenges take the better part of a day to get to, perform, film and return.

To everyone that wonders how Mark Burnett just happened to have film of the fire. His crew and him have been doing this for YEARS. First with Eco - Challenge and now Survivor. His people are told to film and that's what they DO. Nothing happening - keep filming. Professional photographers do the same thing. That perfect picture on the front of your newspaper ? The photographer usually throws out several hundred to get that picture. We are seeing the end result of 20 or more cameras recording for almost 1000 hours and edited into 13 or so shows spanning 572 minutes.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I'll disagree with you, lol. If the cameraman had put out that fire, I'd have been pissed.

If the survivors are idiots, they deserve to get what they get.

If they want to leave the top ajar on their manioc, and let it get moldy, too bad. If they want to pee in the corner of their cave and sleep next to it, too bad. If they leave bananas where Magilla can get them, too bad. If they leave wood to dry next to an unattended campfire, too bad.

FORT Fogey
    I once left my Air Jordans in the closet of a time share in New Bern, South Carolina. It was total stupidity on my part but I still felt pretty damn awful.

It sucks to lose something you value. I have no idea how the sorority system works but apparently Jenna did place value in her lost irreplaceables.

Butch should have shown a bit more compassion, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast