+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heidi's Chat

Wyn, thanks so much!

Hmmmm..... although she had some fine answers, I'm rollin' at this one:

Q:What were you thinking of stripping on TV... egads YOU ARE A TEACHER!

H:I was thinking of one thing and one thing only: Starvation vs. food. That was it. Not for attention, not for a million dollars. Man many days out there I was wondering if I was even going to be alive the next day. So when food was offered for things I had to do, I did it. I would do it again rather than starve to death.
    this is also part of the same answer that I found interesting:

I didnít go out there playing the game as a teacher. I would have lost horribly.
    Why does she think that? Isn't Butch, the principal, still there? And in this game we call Survivor, you win or you lose. She didn't win, so she lost. I guess it's up to individuals to decide whether or not she lost horribly.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

:eyroll:

Some of that came out ok, some of it came out like Heidi had time to read what has been said about her and come up with answers.

Like being given the evil eye because she is pretty? If they aren't talking to you how do you know what you are being given the evil eye about. I'm also having a hard time with her version of Christy merely blurting out "I don't like pretty girls". Still puzzling over the master's in nursing.....I too thought you needed a BSN to get into a masters nursing program.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Q:What were you thinking of stripping on TV... egads YOU ARE A TEACHER!

H:I was thinking of one thing and one thing only: Starvation vs. food. That was it. Not for attention, not for a million dollars. Man many days out there I was wondering if I was even going to be alive the next day. So when food was offered for things I had to do, I did it. I would do it again rather than starve to death.
    Unless this section was hacked to pieces in editing, didn't Jenna suggest the nudity?
    It's not like they were told they would only get the peanut butter and chocolate of they stripped
    Seems like a ridiculous answer to try and justify behaviour that she knows has been greatly criticised.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Originally posted by nlmcp
    [B\] Still puzzling over the master's in nursing.....I too thought you needed a BSN to get into a masters nursing program. [/B]
    Some academic institutions accept students with other Bachelor's degrees as a mature student.....Heidi mature??!

As a BPE graduate, there may be some applicable credits. Organic chemistry, exercise physiology, human anatomy as well as the work related credit as a health educator, etc.

btw - Thanks for the transcripts Wyn!
    Last edited by Masai & Pygmie; 05-10-2003 at 09:09 AM.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the transcript, Wyndemere

Not too impressed with Heidi based on the transcript, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Wish there were some harder questions, though.

And she wants to be an anesthesiologist? Try plastic surgeon instead.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Thanks for the transcript! Heidi is so full of herself. Very egocentric attitude and answers. Good thing she had lots of time to prepare her answers before the chat. I'm sure she knew pretty much how the questions would go and was able to put a good spin on things. She came across as a very shallow person just as she appeared on the show. Her answer about Christy saying she didn't like "pretty girls" was ludicrous!! That just doesn't sound plausible as Christy sure wasn't ugly herself and I just can't imagine her thinking Heidi Ho was pretty. UGH!!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Mature Student Indeed!

I certainly agree M&P that some of Heidi's credits are applicable to a Nursing degree , such as anatomy and physiology as well as chemistry and even nutrition , but.... they are prerequisites for an Associates degree , not a Masters. Even if she had taken these as higher level classes they could count toward a Masters but would not be enough for her to be accepted to a Masters program. Even though she does have a Bachelors in Physical Education that does not give her an appropriate background knowledge base for nursing. On entry to a Masters of Nursing program she would have to be equipted with certain skills (and be completely adept at them ), and have complete knowledge of nursing implications , clinical pathways, rationales , care plans , and hundreds of other vital components in order to safely and effectively care for her patients. These skills and this knowledge takes years of clinical practice and theory. No one is going to wait around while she tries to figure out how to perform a skill everyone else can do seemingly without thinking twice about it.
    It is just like her own Bachelors degree. She did not drive up to the college one day and say "Im going to teach physical education to kids , please give me my diploma now". She had certain criteria she had to meet in order to recieve her accreditation. You have to have an associates degree in nursing to get a bachelors degree in nursing , which you have to have in order to get a masters degree in nursing . I would certainly question any institution of learning that did not follow this criteria, the potential for disaster would be enormous. Now don't get me wrong I am not just Heidi bashing because she wants to be a nurse , obviously since I am a nursing student I find it an extremely rewarding profession (bless her if she feels the same way about it), I do question the motivation of her disclosure during her chat. If she already has a Bachelors in nursing that I dont know about I humbly apologize and wish her the best , if she does not why something so lofty like a masters?
    I mean why put something out there that your not qualified for ?
    Why not say "Ive been accepted to nursing school"? Same with the Med School, I dont believe she is qualified for Pre-Med , which comes before med school. Shouldn't she be proud of who she is without all the hype?

"YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

thanks for the transcript,wynd!! i couldn't attend so it was nice to read what i missed. i have to agree that heidi doesn't come off nearly as unlikeable and dimwitted in interviews. i think she probably is kind and caring, but i don't believe anyone would mistake her for amazingly intelligent.

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by oneTVslave
    I read on a spoiler site (I think it was truedorktimes.com) that Heidi went to the Amazon weighing 112 and came back weighing 89 lbs. No wonder she could barely walk.

Survivor is the golden opportunity for overweight people to trim some fat ( suppose they want to ). Forget about all those expensive useless weight loss programs out there, GO JOIN SURVIVOR AND EAT BUGS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast