+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Interview with Sandra, Parvati, and Russell - "I wasn't afraid of him!"

FORT Newbie

Re: Survivor: Interview with Sandra, Parvati, and Russell - "I wasn't afraid of him!"

It's true what he says. This is the result of a bitter jury just like last year. Fact is, Sandra is a terrible player who just goes under the radar long enough. They just couldn't put aside their personal bitterness and vote for the one who obviously was the best - even though they've all played the game before and they've all lied and cheated before. It's pathetic that this was an all star jury.

Re: Survivor: Interview with Sandra, Parvati, and Russell - "I wasn't afraid of him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tidy1;3908247;
    Bitter much Parvatti? At least Russell the troll has the excuse he never sat on a jury so he doesn't know first hand the blatantly obvious that each person chooses the criteria of how they vote. What's her excuse? She sat on a jury herself and decided by her own criteria who she would vote for. She is serious competition in with russell in the bitter loser department
    Not even close, sure she's a little bitter but Russell can claim the title as "The Most Bitter Loser Ever To Play The Game".

ETA: Parvati is bitter like someone who feels they lost the Super Bowl on a bad call by the official.

Russell is bitter like he believes they should change the rules to crown Super Bowl Champion to the team that had the best record up until the Super Bowl was played. The actual score in the Super Bowl shouldn't matter because his team played against an inferior opponent.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 05-19-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

oh yeah, only people on the jury are bitter when they get scr*wed out of their chance at a million, never the other F3 that got screwed LOL She is just as bitter as Russell, just not quite as obnoxious about it as he is

She sure sings a different tune about likeablilty/getting votes,when she was on the winning side, perceptions of the jury and knowing what you have to do in order to get their vote etc.I recall her saying after she won in Micronesia that she got more votes because she was more likeable than Amanda to the jury, among other things. She had no problems with the jury using that as part of their criteria just as long as it benefited her in votes.

She is bitter but it is entertaining seeing her sour grapes and hypocrisy when she lost compared to when she won LMAO

Pav should be bitter as she should have won. She's the only 1 of the 3 who played a complete game and is the total package.

No need to complain the season she won. She should have and deserved it and jury rewarded the right player that time.

Russ is bitter because he lost twice. He didn't play as well this time around so he's out of gas this season. I agree with him finishing 3rd. Until he acknowledges and appreciates the social aspect of the game he will never win.

Parv is bitter at Amanda because she feels she voted personally when she knows Amanda is a strategic player. She feels Amanda and Candice were being petty in their votes based on personal things.

Russell is bitter because he's deluded

Quote Originally Posted by bmajors;3908285;
    It's true what he says. This is the result of a bitter jury just like last year. Fact is, Sandra is a terrible player who just goes under the radar long enough. They just couldn't put aside their personal bitterness and vote for the one who obviously was the best - even though they've all played the game before and they've all lied and cheated before. It's pathetic that this was an all star jury.
    Gauging, managing and overcoming the bitterness of the jury is an endemic part of the game of Survivor as it is structured, and is what makes winning so uniquely challenging. Every jury member is bitter to some degree, as a result of the way each one perceives they were treated by the final 2 or 3. Great players orchestrate their moves while keeping one part of their brain fixed on the probable repurcussions of their actions, as well as the actions of others, and then use this knowledge to play/appeal to the jury to minimize the bitterness toward them, if they get to the end. It is easy for us viewers, sitting on our couches, to view the actions of the finalists without any bitterness and judge them accordingly, but that removes a key psychological component from the complex game that the producers puposely created. That is why Jeff, who understands this, practically laughed Russell off the stage when he suggested that the couch-sitters should have a say in voting. Those who want to remove the element of "bitterness" from Survivor, simply don't understand the essence of the game.

I think Sandra is boring but her husband is cool. She's a millionairess and he's fighting in Afghanistan. So much for living off your wife. lol!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3908951;
    Gauging, managing and overcoming the bitterness of the jury is an endemic part of the game of Survivor as it is structured, and is what makes winning so uniquely challenging. Every jury member is bitter to some degree, as a result of the way each one perceives they were treated by the final 2 or 3. Great players orchestrate their moves while keeping one part of their brain fixed on the probable repurcussions of their actions, as well as the actions of others, and then use this knowledge to play/appeal to the jury to minimize the bitterness toward them, if they get to the end. It is easy for us viewers, sitting on our couches, to view the actions of the finalists without any bitterness and judge them accordingly, but that removes a key psychological component from the complex game that the producers puposely created. That is why Jeff, who understands this, practically laughed Russell off the stage when he suggested that the couch-sitters should have a say in voting. Those who want to remove the element of "bitterness" from Survivor, simply don't understand the essence of the game.
    Very well put! That's why Richard Hatch is still the best....early on he understood that if you are going to the F2 or F3 not everyone's BFF, you need to be there with someone who more disliked than you are. Russell just has never grasped that, and seems to go out of his way to get to the finale as the MOST disliked person. Which means people may be fine with taking him to F2 or F3, because they KNOW what the jury is basing their votes on.

Why is Richard considered one of the best, yes I know he won the 1st season, but if I remember correctly Kelly Wigglesworth won the last immunity & picked Richard over Rudy because no one would have beaten Rudy including Richard. Kelly picked who she had the best chance against. Richard didn't position himself Kelly put him in the final. Also Kelly lost by 1 vote & I remember the blond guy Greg could't decide who to vote for so he had both of them pick a number between 1-100 & he voted for Richard because he came the closest, Greg voted based on this not on how they played. Also if Richard is so great what happened in AS1, he went out pretty quickly.

I think Sandra is boring but her husband is cool. She's a millionairess and he's fighting in Afghanistan. So much for living off your wife. lol!
    Maybe he just wants to get away from her. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast