+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3906552;
    Well, you know what's going to happen now, don't you?

- Russell will go home, rest, recharge. (Probst admits Russell sorta lost it at the end after playing back to back games. His tirade against Rupert is a great example)

- Russell WILL be asked back to the next AS

- Russell will then combine his considerable manipulation skills with a friendly, kind, false exterior, modelling after such past winners as Brian Heidik (the car salesman)

- Russell will be booted off in the first vote!
    You totally nailed it- that's EXACTLY what's going to happen!
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3906777;
    No, I don't think Parv didn't win because of her alliance with Russell. I think it really just came down to the fact that Sandra was a lot more liked than Parv. And I think all the heroes voted for her? Parv had a similar problem as Russell, as she pointed out, people were targeting her from the very beginning because they didn't like her for whatever reason, (girls jealous, guys don't like her manipulation whatever) so she had a similar PR problem like Russell, although not nearly to the same extent obviously.

Parv to win would have to have gone with Russell in a final 2, she wins hands down. For her to win, she would have to have someone more hated than her in the finals. Russell fit that bill to a tee. Sandra didn't. Sandra played the perfect final end game, pointing out she was trying to help the heroes, being liked, being funny, under the radar, in retrospect, Sandra plays a top notch A game, yes she sucks at challenges, but in all other aspects, maybe a perfect Survivor game all things considered. I agree with those that I think Parv would have a slightly better shot with Jerri in the finals instead of Sandra, and only because Jerri played a total coattail game and this jury may have picked parv over her. But other than that, I think parv played the perfect game that she could have. She was dealt a crappy hand and did all that she could with what she had, and almost made it. And if she would have, she would have been the 2 time winner and hands down the best player ever. As it is, still pretty close as to who is the best ever.

As I think Jeff said, you may not want to date someone like Parv, but if you're in a foxhole and the bullets and morters are blasting all around you, I don't think I could think of a better person to be in that situation with than Parv. I have truely grown to totally respect that chick.
    I agree that Parvati probably played the best game that she could have, considering the hand she was dealt to start, but she was outsmarted by one maneuver by Sandra. If she had realized that Sandra was going behind the Villains' backs and trying to make a deal with the Heroes, she should have gotten rid of her at the first opportunity. Sandra's efforts, despite Russell's claim that they failed, won her 5 Heroes' votes and the game, making her virtually unbeatable against any Villain.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3906809;
    I agree that Parvati probably played the best game that she could have, considering the hand she was dealt to start, but she was outsmarted by one maneuver by Sandra. If she had realized that Sandra was going behind the Villains' backs and trying to make a deal with the Heroes, she should have gotten rid of her at the first opportunity. Sandra's efforts, despite Russell's claim that they failed, won her 5 Heroes' votes and the game, making her virtually unbeatable against any Villain.
    But that's the problem. When was the first opportunity? Parvati needed Sandra's vote all the way to the end. Had to get rid of Colby. He's a shoe-in for all the Heroes' votes. Had to get rid of Jerri. Post-show jury members have told her that had she made final 3, she would have won. Add all that to Sandra having the last idol, and when was the opportunity to get rid of her? They needed her.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3906839;
    But that's the problem. When was the first opportunity? Parvati needed Sandra's vote all the way to the end. Had to get rid of Colby. He's a shoe-in for all the Heroes' votes. Had to get rid of Jerri. Post-show jury members have told her that had she made final 3, she would have won. Add all that to Sandra having the last idol, and when was the opportunity to get rid of her? They needed her.
    Admittedly it's a tricky situation (and I don't even think Sandra realized at the time that throwing a line to the Heroes would ultimately win her the game; she admits she just wanted Russell gone), but if Parvati had known, and been able to suss out the long term ramifications of Sandra's actions, she could have tried to get Russell on board with the importance of getting rid of Sandra instead of getting rid of Danielle. That would have ultimately ended in a F4 of Parv, Russell, Jerri and Danielle. Again, not an easy maneuver, I also like Sandra so I'm glad she didn't do it, and if Parv had pulled it off, she would really be the greatest player ever (and 2 time winner probably), but as it turned out, Sandra's perceived loyalty to the Heroes (undetected by the rest of the Villains) was the difference in the game.

Yep, Russell screwed up big time by getting rid of Danielle instead of Sandra. Again, letting that gigantic ego control his game play. Probably worst mistake he made to that point. If he wasn't so jealous of her, and kept her to the end for a Dan/Parv/Russell final 3 Parv would have won most likely. Its possible Dan would have won but dunno.

Russell was like his girlfriend had cheated on him, what a moron. For someone that plays very well in many aspects of the game, he truly sucks at several other aspects. Letting his emotions control the game is wayyyyyyyyy dumb.

Not all of Russell's choices came from a place of strategy, some came from paranoia, and those were the ones that cost him plenty. The worst was getting rid of Danielle over Sandra. He was so worried about Parv/Danielle that it never occurred to him that Sandra was a threat.

He can't win this game unless he makes a change in his game play. He's not there to win, he's there to create chaos, control minds and manipulate people. That's what he gets off on.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3907083;
    Not all of Russell's choices came from a place of strategy, some came from paranoia, and those were the ones that cost him plenty. The worst was getting rid of Danielle over Sandra. He was so worried about Parv/Danielle that it never occurred to him that Sandra was a threat.

He can't win this game unless he makes a change in his game play. He's not there to win, he's there to create chaos, control minds and manipulate people. That's what he gets off on.
    I actually do think he is there to win, even Jeff in his blog says he believes Russell is using this line as an excuse for why he is a two time, not even close, loser. I think Russell's problem is that he has zero ability to empathize with anyone else (typical of sociopaths), and can only see things from his point of view, so it is impossible for him to understand why he isn't getting the votes. He went into the FRC sure that he had almost everybody's vote, even made some lame blanket apology to seal the deal, and then was stunned that the jury was calling him out when he fully expected they would be congratulating him on his "brilliant" gameplay. He is a sad little man.

I think Russell's problem is that if you are not with him you are a stupid bitch. If you are with him then you are a stupid bitch. People do pick up on that total disrespect his has of him.

I do like that Russell has changed how to play Survivor. He is a very aggressive player and knows how to find and use the HII. He is good at challenges and puzzles and strategy. He just really, sucks at the social aspect of the game. You just can't be that confrontational and in people's faces on a daily basis and not have consequences. If Russell had ever been a ruler of a country in real life. He would have been one bloody dictator that would have eventually been killed by his own people in a very messy and painful way.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3907139;
    I think Russell's problem is that if you are not with him you are a stupid bitch. If you are with him then you are a stupid bitch.
    Ok, this? Made me
    Truer words were never spoken. Oh, and if you win over him? You're a stupid bitch and the jury is bitter and the game is flawed.

I don't like there being a jury vote who the "survivor" is... I'd rather they win a challenge to get it... as it stands - it's just a bunch of whiners upset that they got lied to and, as they perceive themselves to be "victims," they vote who they think is a fellow victim. big thumbs down on how the Survivor is chosen in my book. It started with the first season when Richard was sole survivor and not Rudy ... give me a break .... As an audience, we watch week after week, the manipulating, the lying, the alliances formed and then broken, the back-doors at tribal council, the search for immunity idols, we cheer on our faves and boo the ones we can't stand...... and it ends with a bunch of pouty "you lied to me's" .... I'd rather see them mud wrestle for it, or build a fire for it or even answer a skill testing question LOL.... the endings disappoint me most seasons, especially as it's such a mentally and physically challenging game.

it's been awhile and just remembered that Rudy didn't make it to the final 2, but I think you can get my drift as to how the votes go
    Last edited by northernviewer; 05-19-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread