+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3905791;
    Remember - only Sprint Customers really got to text to vote, and Russell's number I think regardless was an easy one to punch in. AND they didn't mention you could vote on CBS.com - at least all the time, which could've affected the outcome as well.

There is no real data as to if Russell is really a value to this game.
    I don't follow this argument. I don't think that Sprint customers are necessarily more pro-Russell-biased than customers who use other carriers. Just because they're a subset of America doesn't mean that they are statistically invalid. Unless there's some sort of proof of bias of the Sprint/internet user base I'd tend to believe that the amorphous "America" as a whole does in fact like Russell for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH;3905864;
    I keep seeing the Russell fans calling this a bitter jury. I don't get that. Granted I realize for the most part it's just Russell's Army making excuses for him. They're about as delusional as he is. And to be clear, I'm not saying that in regard to anyone who likes Russell. I liked Russell in Samoa, and through the merge of this season before his mistakes and inability to adapt made me turn on him. You know the group I'm referring to. The one that includes people like the guy on another board who told me the fan vote means more than the actual jury vote in his mind because "the fans have no biases".

...yeah.

Anyway though, back to the bitter jury comments. Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it, but in my mind the only way this would have been a bitter jury is if Russell himself had won and Parvati was the one shut out. I'm sorry, Russell is flashy and makes impact moves, but the social game is THE most important if you want to get past just being a finalist, and I still maintain after last night that he has the bar none worst high profile social game in Survivor history. He wasn't worthy of a vote. I don't care how many jaws he dropped with his idols. Sandra and Parvati deserved the votes last night, as it came to be. Had Russell taken votes from Parvati and Sandra and actually WON? I'd call it a bitter jury just because they saw two former winners up there beating them AGAIN, and just wouldn't allow it. Thankfully that didn't happen.
    The "bitter jury" argument always fascinates me, because it is precisely the play of the finalists that determines if, and to what degree, the jury is bitter towards them. Bitter juries are created, it's not a question of bad luck, as some bitter losers (Russell, I'm looking at you) seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;3905361;
    4. I would really like to have seen Ozzy and Terry back over Colby and Rupert. I never liked Rupert. The game would have been so different without Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye calling the shots.

6. Sandra was not a coattail rider. She had to make her own way. Natalie was a coattail rider. Sandra's alliance got obliterated before the merge. She tried to get a new alliance, but Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye Idiot would not listen. She played a great game by making Russel think she had second place and was fine with that. She was well deserving of the win.
    To point 4: I'd have loved to see almost anyone over Colby for sure, what a disappointment!

To point 6: "Mr. Self Righteous Tye Dye Idiot" was actually the only one who DID listen to her. Read his interviews: he knew that Russell had to be a back-to-back player who was placed on the Villian tribe for a reason. JT and the rest of the heroes just didn't listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3905876;
    I still don't think so. Everyone knows that guy just can't be trusted. All likes and dislikes aside, he's a danger to have hanging around. And besides, I'm sure there's a huge core of previous players who'd like to see him go down in flames. Perfect goat for F3, yes... but I just don't see it happening.

Hopefully, it's all for naught. I don't think I could stomach another season of Russell breaking his own arm while he pats himself on the back.
    I don't want him coming back either but I can't see Russ's ego allowing him to say no. If he does come back he'd be wise to let a few years go
    by first. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3905960;
    The "bitter jury" argument always fascinates me, because it is precisely the play of the finalists that determines if, and to what degree, the jury is bitter towards them. Bitter juries are created, it's not a question of bad luck, as some bitter losers (Russell, I'm looking at you) seem to think.
    There's no doubt about it that it was a "bitter jury", but that's exactly where Russell's game goes wrong.
    He outthinks, outschemes, outplots, outsmarts, & outlasts his opponents. He really does control the game, just like he says. He finds the HII's because he hunts for them relentlessly & knows how to play them.
    Where he goes wrong is that he does it all in a taunting, extremely cutthroat manner & then brags about it, leaving the jury angry & bitter. He walks around with a cold jerk attitude that they all see. No one likes to be played for a sucker & that's exactly what he does & brags about. He doesn't cause them to respect him & his game. He causes them to resent him.

Parvati lost because she went along with it all & used Russell as her shield. She played a good game, but she played it with the one everyone resented. She didn't control him & he didn't control her, they controlled each other as a pair.

Sandra won because she did it on her own. She tried to open the Heros' eyes, but they wouldn't open them 'till it was too late. She knows how to not ruffle feathers & go with the majority on votes. She keeps her eyes & ears open & uses the information to place herself in the right place at the right time.

I usually don't like UTR players, but Sandra is my exception. I loved her in Pearl Islands & loved her again in H vs V.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Not to mention that Russell can't give anyone credit for anything. Everyone is an idiot except him. He didn't need an alliance-they needed him. Noone ever watched his back, he watched his and everyone else's back alone. It was the Russell show-starring Russell, co-starring Russell with guest appearances by Russell. If he could muster the strength to admit that he wasn't the be all and end all he may have gotten a vote.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3905957;
    I don't follow this argument. I don't think that Sprint customers are necessarily more pro-Russell-biased than customers who use other carriers. Just because they're a subset of America doesn't mean that they are statistically invalid. Unless there's some sort of proof of bias of the Sprint/internet user base I'd tend to believe that the amorphous "America" as a whole does in fact like Russell for the entertainment.
    Not only that but they ask the public to vote for the "player of the game". Not who we think should win and not for our favourite.

Russell and Parv played this game hard. As it turns out, Rupert had some play in him too. Perhaps people were rewarding who they thought played the hardest, not who they thought should win.

FORT Newbie

I’m laughing at the bitter jury complaints from both viewers and contestants. This is the least bitter jury ever. If you’ve never ever seen a single episode of Survivor, you wouldn’t be aware that some people on the jury will be pissed about getting voted out. But this season consisted of a group that have played 2 and 3 times. Hello Parvatti? You’ve played 3 times, you know for a fact-before this season even began-from your 2 previous seasons some people may be pissed about how you went about getting them voted off and not give a fig about winning challenges only. If you do it in a certain way, you won’t get their votes, period, so you better adjust that strategy with that in mind. This is not a new thing. Idiot. Sandra got votes from people she voted out, so that bitter-jury-cuz-I- voted -them out argument goes out the window. It’s quite simple, different people vote for different reasons, so why would these 2 and 3peat contestants not play their game with that in mind? Only Sandra did. That is what is most pathetic about Russ and Pavartti, they KNEW this from previous experience and were still single mided in their rationalizing of why they would and should get votes. Have you not noticed any of these things from your own seasons jury or the previous 19 seasons and figured it out? It’s not rocket science

Sandra deserved the win. She seemed to be the only one to be aware and to outwit with the jury votes in mind from day 1. If any of the jury has a right to be pissed at one of the 3 finalists, it would be Rupert towards Sandra. She voted him out in their own season, wrote his name down during the Danielle boot and voted him out this season. Not only did she get him to vote for her in the finals BOTH times but she got him to thank her and plead her case in front of the jury! That is the ultimate outwit. She voted out a lot of people that voted for her to win in the end. She just went about it differently throughout the game to ultimately get them to vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3905034;

Russell thinks there is a flaw in the game if Sandra can win twice. But I think he really thinks there is a flaw because HE didn't win.

There is no flaw in the game but there is a flaw in HIS game. A major one at that. It will get him to the end but it will never guarantee him a win.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3906385;
    There is no flaw in the game but there is a flaw in HIS game. A major one at that. It will get him to the end but it will never guarantee him a win.
    And this is exactly Russell's problem, I suspect not only in playing Survivor but in real life as well, that he cannnot admit to any mistakes or errors on his part, so if something doesn't work out for him the way he wanted, there must be a flaw in the system. It's everyone's fault but Russell's, doncha know?

+ Reply to Thread