+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/16 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3905817;
    Thing is, let's face it, a large part of America just isn't into the voting thing. They just aren't invested enough to start texting, phoning, or going over to websites and clicking links. It's also the reason why many just don't care if Russell won fan favorite. How many people actually took the time to vote for that? I'm sure, by comparison, it's a small fraction of the actual viewing audience.

We live in a time when you can barely get people to fill out their census form. You think some of these people want the added responsibility of choosing a sole survivor? Some are just not into the interactive tv thing. They want to sit down for an hour, be entertained, and hopefully like the outcome in the end. They don't want to have to vote every ten minutes for yet another reality show contestant. Sadly, many of us watch far too much reality tv to vote for contestant after contestant on show after show.
    ITA. And IMO it's the fanatic types who are inspired to vote over and over for their "favorites", typically the contestants who are the most "over the top" and controversial (thus explaining Russell and Rupert as the two main votegetters this time). If they want to totally ruin Survivor as we know it, having the viewers choose would be the way.

FYI - You were also able to vote on the CBS.com/Survivor website. It wasn't only for Sprint customers....

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3905791;
    Not really - from what I'm seeing in the case of the audience's reaction, it was not a joking "boo," but a really mean undertoned one. The kind that makes you think twice about bringing someone back over ratings debate.

Remember - only Sprint Customers really got to text to vote, and Russell's number I think regardless was an easy one to punch in. AND they didn't mention you could vote on CBS.com - at least all the time, which could've affected the outcome as well.

There is no real data as to if Russell is really a value to this game.

CBS is not 100 perfect, but they do have smarts - Russell this second go round was not really the "poor luck tramp" of sorts that should've won: he bullied, Constantly threatened players with voting them out over things that really had no relevance in this game (Sometimes I think too things they have no control over). At times watching him, had I been on the island, I'd been trying to get him kicked off the show because I'd feel my safety was at risk.

I know Jerri also received a lot of boos during All-Stars reunion, but at the same time she was right - we do judge the contestants a lot on the editing. That said, Jerri even then was starting to grow up, while with Russell I'd be surprised if he ever won.

IMHO they brought Jerri back because like Sandra, Russell, Rupert and a couple of others she does show raw emotion - which did show her previous season. And - she is unpredictable, bringing interest. Russell we already know.

Then there's the money issue:

There is no way a tribe would let this guy last until the final two again - you'd have to get people from towns with no electricity or TV before you'd find enough to not know who this guy is.

Why pay him what $2,500 to be there three days? It's too much for such little time from an "entertaining" villain.

I also sincerely worry about his safety - Russell could easily be taken down by a James-type or any of the stronger contestants. If he came back, I could actually see people try to get him medical evacc'd if they chose a full body contact challenge. I know extreme here - but we saw the first game this season how rough it can get.

Now, I wouldn't mind a Russell type crossed with a Rich Hatch type - able to do stuff Russell does but have Rich's charm. I think if Russell had actually paid attention to that aspect of Rich, he'd won. but he plays too brash and backstabs everyone. Rich did not, even going so far as to intentionally remove his hand from the pole at final three - he knew either Kelly or Rudy would vote for him and he didn't have to make the vote in front of the jury - potentially backstabbing Rudy, who would've probably won had he been in the final two.

I LOVED the fact that Sandra won and the troll lost.............simple as that !
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3905835;
    FYI - You were also able to vote on the CBS.com/Survivor website. It wasn't only for Sprint customers....
    Yes, I know; however, I know for sure there were limits as far as the Website voting. I do not recall them ever saying there was a limit per phone number on the text messaging ones.

I keep seeing the Russell fans calling this a bitter jury. I don't get that. Granted I realize for the most part it's just Russell's Army making excuses for him. They're about as delusional as he is. And to be clear, I'm not saying that in regard to anyone who likes Russell. I liked Russell in Samoa, and through the merge of this season before his mistakes and inability to adapt made me turn on him. You know the group I'm referring to. The one that includes people like the guy on another board who told me the fan vote means more than the actual jury vote in his mind because "the fans have no biases".

...yeah.

Anyway though, back to the bitter jury comments. Maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it, but in my mind the only way this would have been a bitter jury is if Russell himself had won and Parvati was the one shut out. I'm sorry, Russell is flashy and makes impact moves, but the social game is THE most important if you want to get past just being a finalist, and I still maintain after last night that he has the bar none worst high profile social game in Survivor history. He wasn't worthy of a vote. I don't care how many jaws he dropped with his idols. Sandra and Parvati deserved the votes last night, as it came to be. Had Russell taken votes from Parvati and Sandra and actually WON? I'd call it a bitter jury just because they saw two former winners up there beating them AGAIN, and just wouldn't allow it. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Of course CBS will bring Russ back if he wants to play again and I'm sure he will want another crack at it. And don't be so sure he won't go late in the game once again. If he doesn't change his ways he would be the perfect goat to take back to F3.

Pav should have won not Russ. Pav is the only complete player of the 3. It's her fans that should be ticked not Russ's fans. He paid no attention to the social game and made some really bad strategic moves as well. Too many fake deals and too many lies for no reason. He didn't deserve to win this season. Sandra is smart and gets a good read on people. She used that to her advantage with the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3905865;
    Of course CBS will bring Russ back if he wants to play again and I'm sure he will want another crack at it. And don't be so sure he won't go late in the game once again. If he doesn't change his ways he would be the perfect goat to take back to F3.
    I still don't think so. Everyone knows that guy just can't be trusted. All likes and dislikes aside, he's a danger to have hanging around. And besides, I'm sure there's a huge core of previous players who'd like to see him go down in flames. Perfect goat for F3, yes... but I just don't see it happening.

Hopefully, it's all for naught. I don't think I could stomach another season of Russell breaking his own arm while he pats himself on the back.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I wasn't very happy when Sandra won Pearl Islands, but this time I think the best complete player won the game. Kudos to Sandra.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3905039;
    Nancy? long time no see
    He would have been the first one voted out.
    It has been awhile. I just felt the overwelming need to comment.
    I disliked Russell that much I had to share it with the FORT.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread